• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

New Video:

We had another Stormtrooper Night and it went pretty well. We didn't lose a single drop and we got to demonstrate for the new people who showed up the power of the synergy deck.

As far as the drops went it was fantastic. It is actually spoiling me as a Drop Caller. When I go on to call regular FRR drops I get frustrated quickly at how slow and mismatched everyone is...

The drop is sound, we've done it twice (We tweaked the 4H a little bit - check the Official RKA thread for its new build if you haven't in the last few days) and it works out well.

Players who historically don't do well, still don't do that great, but they do better. Keeping up with the main group and having the same tools and weapons as the main group wont turn you into a super star but it will allow you to hang with the rest of your team.

Players who historically do very well aren't too hampered by the deck (the 4H isn't a build that'll usually get more than 1000 damage) and have seen the value for the drop as a whole by running as one.

Beyond this there isn't really much to say. It works people. If you actually care about the FRR's future..get out there and build yourself a deck..

We need more.
When we started we only had 4 guys..and eventually we got up to 12.. but we'll need lots more. A Stormtrooper deck wont work with only 4 guys taking it. They'll just outpace the rest of the team or have to wait around for them and the benefit of their build is lost. By my estimation we need at least 8 people in a 12 man running the deck to make start paying serious gestalt dividends.

Which really means - I need two thirds of the FRR to adopt this deck.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 04 April 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#2 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

So what is the deck? I'm curious to see and I'm hoping QQ comes back around to the FRR soon, it's the IS faction that REALLY has it's sh!t together.

#3 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ck-composition/

#4 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

DON'T SHARE THE DECK WITH SPIES

#5 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:45 PM

The deck that's posted in your public forums? It's a bit late for that.

#6 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:47 PM

1. Sarcasm

2. Psh like people know how to use the forums ;)

#7 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:50 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 04 April 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

DON'T SHARE THE DECK WITH SPIES

It's okay.

I'm Totally Not A Spy.

#8 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hmm, considering the fact that there are a few of us still unitlesss, and/or the onset of phase 3, would you recommend that drop in solo q? I mean, the bk is really strong, probably the 2nd best laser Vomit mech, and I'm really good in the 4H (hours of cn9-a prepared me for it) but I'm starting to wonder if I should be bringing assaults or lights (or my riflemen) to more disorganized drops

#9 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:37 PM

If you're gonna solo queue you probably want to drop the 4H. The rest will do fine if you are fending for yourself but you'll need to figure out how you wanna replace the 4H. It's up to you, the Stormtrooper drop really is group drop alternative - you don't need to feel like running it by yourself unless you want to.

#10 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 04 April 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

If you're gonna solo queue you probably want to drop the 4H. The rest will do fine if you are fending for yourself but you'll need to figure out how you wanna replace the 4H. It's up to you, the Stormtrooper drop really is group drop alternative - you don't need to feel like running it by yourself unless you want to.

You can just swap 3 LPLs onto the 4H and it's a great poke mech and you keep generating XP for it until it's mastered that way.

I did that while getting mine up to master. Gives you 4 solid mechs, 3 of them built for poking. I also went with 2 GHRs and and 2 QDs at a time all with cooler builds when pugging.

That way someone can pug in CW while leveling the mechs without trying to run a brawler in a match filled with hide-n-snipe pugs on your team.

#11 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:07 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 April 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

It's okay.

I'm Totally Not A Spy.

No, actually I maintain that title quite handily. You can't has it. It's mine.

#12 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

View PostTarogato, on 04 April 2016 - 09:07 PM, said:

No, actually I maintain that title quite handily. You can't has it. It's mine.

Too late.

#13 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 01:04 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 April 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

You can just swap 3 LPLs onto the 4H and it's a great poke mech and you keep generating XP for it until it's mastered that way.

I did that while getting mine up to master. Gives you 4 solid mechs, 3 of them built for poking. I also went with 2 GHRs and and 2 QDs at a time all with cooler builds when pugging.

That way someone can pug in CW while leveling the mechs without trying to run a brawler in a match filled with hide-n-snipe pugs on your team.

Sounds cool. I may try that, or do something similar with black knights while I level those up. I could run 2bk, 1qd, cent (I have quite a few cents, the AL would probably work best though. Can poke pretty well. Not as good as a bj but it works)

#14 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

Spy is a little harsh don't you think?

I prefer the term Military Advisor myself:)

Edited by crustydog, 04 May 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#15 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 04 April 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yes, I'm late to the party, I know.

This is word-for-word how I levelled my QKDs and my GHR-5P. I didn't know MischiefSC was doing it when I chose to run the mechs that way, but I'll testify that it works exactly as he states because my experience mirrors what he's saying.

Edited by Virlutris, 04 May 2016 - 02:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users