There Is Rumor About A Rogue Unit

12 replies to this topic

#1 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:12 PM

Heard a rumor about a clan unit that intentionally loses battles for the Ghost Bears. Happened to meet them last match. Only 2 of my late nighters with pugs against 10 of them. We thought it would be a challenge. But they just run in for the base with weird loadouts and didn't even kill turrets. In the end 7 of them did less than 500 damage and they only killed 1 gen. Score was 48:13. And that is really suspicious.

Has anyone else experiened this?

(No name & shame please)

#2 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

Did they Squaak, Squaak as they came through? Posted Image

Just to be clear, they were wearing GB tags + Unit tags? I'm assuming that your talking unit queue also. I hope this isn't a rebirth of the unit, that will not be named, running Alt OPFORs against their mains.

Edited by Quintus Verus, 21 April 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#3 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

If this is true, and they are truly throwing the game like this, it is against the MWO COC and probably very punishable....

PGI could very well track thier IP and if continues ban that account and IP a dress (thus if they have a main account that gets banned as well!).

This is beyond "cheating" this is flat out BS for the ones trying desperately trying to stop MS....we are not to far from beating them we just have to field as many or more then they do to prevent they "get gud" ghost dropping tactics.....

Side note where the hell are the other CGB units? I get a feeling it's only CGBI dropping at prime time NA.

#4 Chemistrius

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostBSK, on 05 April 2016 - 11:12 PM, said:

Heard a rumor about a clan unit that intentionally loses battles for the Ghost Bears. Happened to meet them last match. Only 2 of my late nighters with pugs against 10 of them. We thought it would be a challenge. But they just run in for the base with weird loadouts and didn't even kill turrets. In the end 7 of them did less than 500 damage and they only killed 1 gen. Score was 48:13. And that is really suspicious.

(No name & shame please)

Not saying that they're not intentionally tanking matches, but there are legitimately entire teams of players out there that are actually that bad :/

#5 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

spqr, ntex, there are tonnes of awful teams. Probably you just ran into one of them.

#6 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:41 AM

They could just have been having a laugh? I don't think anyone cares enough about cw to cheat like this, especially with the extra 10 million cbills it'll cost per player for a big team to bring a spy group back into the fold

#7 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

Folks have pulled it in the past, and continue to do so, though it's only been obnoxiously apparent during big events that I've seen. It's nothing new small scale sadly. As is, I've not seen it recently when doing my merc cycles in recent memory.

Some really really bad units who didn't seem to know the basics of building a mech, with odd hodge podge builds? Sure. Seen that, seemed to be outright new folks giving CW a change grouped from outside game clans.

Units throwing matches intentionally? No. Wouldn't surprise me given past incidents, but not seen it in my GB runs. There were assorted FRR doing a clan run in a group pre-phase changes, but they were actively playing, not throwing.

Worst I've seen lately is folks insisting on hiding under dropships while -behind- kills in counter attack and refusing to go out and fight or, you know, even put token effort beyond the MWO equivalent of huffing in a corner, telling newbies to do the same, and bitching at the folks not keen on a TOS breach and willing, to, you know, go out and fight, loss or no instead of drawing out the match to be petty, hoping to farm under the dropship (read: let the dropship take any earnings they would have got actually fighting).

Always some sad, sad players out there wanting to overturn the checkers board like little *******. Luckily it tends to be more the exception than the rule of thumb.

#8 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:16 PM

Lots of people don't play CW/FP because they know it's easily rigged.

#9 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:03 AM

Can we close this? It's from CW phase 2 and I asked for no name and shame ..

#10 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

A secret group of players trying to sabotage galaxy affairs

ILLUMANTI CONFIRMED!

#11 Nitemarine

Rookie

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 06:13 AM

Hello all, I am a Noob, but have a beef with some of the posts here. I have been playing only for a couple of month and have been moving up in number, but still tier5 last I check. The True Warriors out there like "RG wolf vickers", "Khereg", and "Bottomline" just to name a couple. They are not sitting back and Tuesday afternoon Quarterbacking other teams or players. These guys have stepped up and offered their services to help train others to raise the clans as a whole to a higher level. So to those who wish to call out poor players or teams I say it is your issue because I have not see any of you stepping up to inform and train these warriors to be better and because of that the clans as a whole are now weaker!

#12 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:40 AM

I'm hungry!

#13 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 22 April 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

Lots of people don't play CW/FP because they know it's easily rigged.

Seems like. Both I and my unit mates have seen countless instances of blatant cheating after Phase 3 was released, mainly on scouting missions.

We have seen Griffins firing 2 Large Pulse Lasers, 4 Medium Pulse Lasers in alpha strike at least 4-5 times in a row with no sign of overheating, medium mechs as fast as Arctic Cheetahs, and mechs that magically take no damage when hit at point blank range.

So you are absolutely right.

View PostBSK, on 05 April 2016 - 11:12 PM, said:

(No name & shame please)

Sounds like "Admirals" to me.

Edited by Jep, 08 May 2016 - 02:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users