Is Dropdeck Suggestions?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:56 AM

I tried different Dropdecks for the past weeks but can´t figure out which one is the best.
Maybe you guys have some suggestions for me.

Dropdeck for cold and neutral maps:

BL-6-KNT (3LPL, 5ML)
GHR-5H (3LPL, 4ML)
GHR-5P (3LPL, 4ML)
BJ-1X (6ML, 2MPL)

or

BNC-3M (3LPL, 5ML)
TDR-5SS (7MPL)
TDR-5SS (7MPL)
FS9-A (8SPL)

Dropdeck for hot maps:

MAL-1P (4UAC5)
JM6-DD (3UAC5)
ENF-5P (2UAC5)
WVR-6R (2AC5)

From the stats the first Dropdeck should be better then the second, but it feels like i´m doing better with the second, though i often sit around in the 5SS for way too long waiting for a brawl where i wish i had LPLs.
I tried to fit Battlemasters or the Quickdraw 5K (3LPL) in but somehow the outcome didn´t work for me. I´m also not lucky with the TDR-9SE (3LPL). I think it´s because of the low alpha.
I got snipers and ECM in every weightclass in case they are needed but don´t use them on a regular basis.

For the third Dropdeck i tried to switch the MAL-1P for the MAL-MX90 (5AC5), but in brawls it feels too weak. Great for higher ranges though. I´m not lucky with the WVR-6R. I tried to replace it with the GRF-2N but i´m better with ACs then with SRMs or they register better for me. I tried to fit in the AS7-S and Oxide, but somehow i mess up the rest of my Dropdeck regarding tonnage when i do.

Any ideas how to improve my Dropdecks or ideas for completely new ones?
I drop solo most of the time but help out in premades if possible. Aimingskill, situational awareness and positioning is no problem but im pretty impatient. I would describe my playstile as very aggressive.

#2 habu86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:20 AM

The first deck is fine for just about any cold or neutral map, though my personal preference would be to remove one ML and (a) throw in an extra heatsink or (b ) upgrade to a bigger engine if no more room for heatsinks. You can even run a hot map version of this by removing one LPL, upgrading 3MLs to MPLs and rounding out the remaining space with MLs or heatsinks. I've run a 2LPL+3MPL+2ML GHR on Vitric several times and I've reliably gotten 600-800 damage out of it, with the odd 1000+ run every now and then.

The 7MPL -SS is an amazing DPS machine, especially with regards to sustaining it for obscene lengths of time, but if you want more range, maybe try a 2LPL+3MPL build on it? Runs hotter and somewhat lower DPS but it's got some of that extra reach you're craving.

Other than that, when dropping solo it's important to remember your team may not have your back, so you should probably be bringing builds that excel at poking and re-positioning. That way you can dump as much damage as quickly as possible and get the hell out of Dodge if you see the murder train headed your way.

More specialized builds, like snipers or brawlers, usually need a team to be successful, else you might find yourself overextended. Same deal with dakka; they can work very well, but usually need facetime, which can be a problem in an environment where the rest of your "team" is unwilling to present and share armor.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is, the decks are fine, and, if you've got the individual skills you need to succeed, you're probably not going to see any dramatic improvements in your outcomes unless you make dropping with a group the rule rather than the exception. Doesn't have to be a full 12-man, but having even 5-6 other guys who will have your back will do wonders.

Edited by habu86, 06 April 2016 - 03:22 AM.

#3 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:52 AM

3 x blackknight and a firestarter or oxide my favorite, BK pinpoint alpha and tankiness just ridiculous XD.

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:56 AM

3M WubShee, Wub Battlemaster (I do 3xLPL, 3xML. Cool, high alpha, decent DPS, very flexible. I've run it on Vitric), BJ 1X with 2xLPL, 3xML. Similar concepts - you'll be able to participate at longer ranges and have a up-scaling performance as you close to brawling to finish people instead of having to do 100% of your work at brawl range. I find when pugging it's very unreliable having mechs geared for a specific range, either long or brawl. You'll get feast or famine depending on your team and you may not be able to fill the role.

For a light either go with the Firestarter or, for pugging, I'll recommend an uncommon one - Panther 10K with 2LPLs. It's got some of the best energy quirks on a light (20% heat reduction, 10% cooldown) plus solid quirks. Think of it like a Wolfhound with JJs and better quirks.

The nice thing about that Panther is you can run it in the pug deathball and poke quite adequately. As you've probably noticed it's hard to get reliable performance out of a knife-fighting light when pugging in CW - you are not as effective a scout for the team (you're not all on TS) and you can't count on them for support when you run into trouble. Ravens are too fragile and hill-humping in a Raven only works if you're off alone; which means contributing little to the team.

The 10K is literally as tanky as a medium (32 pts of extra armor for the arms and 50 pts of structure over legs and torsos!) and with 20% heat and 10% cooldown your sustained DPS poking with those LPLs is actually pretty legit.

So Banshee 3M, BLR 1G/1D (3xLPL, 3xML), BJ 1X (LPLs and MLs), 2xLPL PTN 10K. You can run the Panther first or last most the time.

For cool maps you swap the BNC and BLR for 2xMALs, either both with 4xUAC5 or 1 4xUAC5, 1 5xAC5. Keep the BJ and PNT. Both are cool enough even for Vitric. The BJ is still cooler than most Clan builds and the PNT with the arm mounted LPLs is a beast either poking on Sulfur or up on the roof on Vitric.

This lets you run with just 6 total mechs making it fast and easy to switch and keeps almost your entire deck with the same flexible engagement ranges. I'd say tweak the BJ in the first deck which is otherwise rock solid, toss or change the second deck and try to change just 2 mechs for hot maps.

The best trick in CW is consistency. Helps you build the right habits, which is harder when pugging as you don't have a team to plug into to help gauge your performance.

#5 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:42 PM

View PostPalfatreos, on 09 April 2016 - 06:52 AM, said:

3 x blackknight and a firestarter or oxide my favorite, BK pinpoint alpha and tankiness just ridiculous XD.

Sadly this build is now overweight. Could do 2x bk oxide and Thunderbolt though

#6 Benjamin Kirsch

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:54 PM

My current deck is 1 BL-6-KNT, 2 GHR-5H, and 1 WLF-2. Basically replacing my BJ-1X with the Wolfhound, and using my 1X for the 4v4 mode.

#7 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:31 PM

Best part of IS ... so many friendly choices to make drop deck happiness come true!

#8 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:42 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 21 April 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:

Best part of IS ... so many friendly choices to make drop deck happiness come true!

Posted Image

#9 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:00 AM

View PostStarbomber109, on 19 April 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

Sadly this build is now overweight. Could do 2x bk oxide and Thunderbolt though

sadly it is Posted Image
  • 1 x BK, 2 x grashopper, 1 firestarter/oxide
i don't own a grashopper but it seems to play similar like a BK with JJ with less tonnage availble.
  • 2 x BK, 1 x griffin, 1 x BJ
  • 3 x BK, 1 x locust or commando?

#10 Mmerryweather

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 01:53 PM

GHR-5P, GHR-5H, TDR-9SE, and FS9-A.

#11 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

Depends on map
I tend to duplicate the good ones, example:
Boreal is
mauler 6ac2
Mauler 6ac2
Raven3ll
Raven 3ll

But emerald is 3 identical grasshopper 5h 3lpl 4ml 1oxide

#12 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

Depends on the map but if you are just starting out, go with a thunderbolt dropdeck: You can't beat this dropdeck for it's versatility. You may want to add some Jager UAC5 DDs for the hotter maps in place of the thunderbolts on vitric and sulfurous.

Edited by nehebkau, 11 May 2016 - 06:09 AM.

#13 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:13 AM

2 Whammys, 1 Blk Knight and either an Oxide or a Fs9 depending on weather i want JJ's or SRM fap.

#14 Breidr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:19 AM

Dies anyone mind if I ask a quick question?

Is my Laser Vomit deck still good?
STK-4N
WVR-6K x3

#15 Murphy7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:33 AM

My drop deck has settled into this mode:

Warhammer 6R (dual gauss, 4 med las)
Grasshopper 5H (2 lg pulse, 5 med las)
Oxide (the usual)

And either: Hot map: Black Widow (3 AC5, 4 Med Las)
Anything else: Black Knight 6 (3 Lg Pulse, 3 Med Las)

It's functional, but I kind of wonder about switching it up for a BLR-1G, BLK-6-KT, GRF-2N, Oxide deck

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users