#1 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

Last night we fought and wrapped up 1st place in NA Div B and NA Div E1 MRBC. This for NS was a great accomplishment. We worked hard towards this goal. I am proud of all the hard work the NS members put into it. Especially the guys not in Team 1 or Team 2. They helped us with practice time and again, even when it sucked for them.

Also, this should be pointed out. The NS competitive team is comprised of NS members and 1 9SD member. BUT fully a 1/4 of the comp teams ranks are filled with former Kuritan unit members as well. Guys whom joined NS either during the heavy active days of CW or for the potential for competitive game play. If it wasn't for units like 9SD, 3TL, Arkab and their ex members joining NS we likely wouldn't have had the critical mass to obtain success let alone compete within MRBC. I do wish there was an easier way to share membership between the Kuritan units without having other members leave and join NS, but still I wanted to recognized this effort was a Kuritan one, not just a Night's Scorn one. We at times have culture clashes with other units inside of Kurita (we are the try hard jerks and occasional MERC trash and we actually like NKVA) but without the work done by 9SD / 3TL / ARKAB / 6RNT and others there wouldn't have been two NS Team's finding victory inside of MRBC.

Going forward I think many of the Kuritan units could find quite a bit of fun in the competitive MRBC scene. You don't have be face SJR, you can face peer teams of similar skill level and break into the competitive scene. It is more enjoyable than you might realize.

#2 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:10 AM

Congrats from 3TL folks, and Crock, there are no hard feelings from my unit. Unfortunately at the time we didn't have enough critical mass ourselves to sustain CW as a unit especially with so many of our core members out of action. Myself included and I would rather have people in the 'faction' and happy to get games.

#3 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:40 AM

View PostManaValkyrie, on 11 April 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

Congrats from 3TL folks, and Crock, there are no hard feelings from my unit. Unfortunately at the time we didn't have enough critical mass ourselves to sustain CW as a unit especially with so many of our core members out of action. Myself included and I would rather have people in the 'faction' and happy to get games.

I know Mana, I just thought it was and is important to recognize that ]NS[ success was in no small part due to many units inside of House Kurita as well. If they hadn't come to ]NS[ it would have been much more difficult to make this happen. In fact Tekkamen (3TL) carried NS for a few months while we played ARK and Conreg (9SD) sparked us back into competitive play. Sometimes outsiders think Kurita is just NS and we are jerks enough to enhance that propaganda sometimes, so I wanted to say thanks to all the other units in the greater HK.

#4 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 11 April 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

Last night we fought and wrapped up 1st place in NA Div B and NA Div E1 MRBC. This for NS was a great accomplishment. We worked hard towards this goal. I am proud of all the hard work the NS members put into it. Especially the guys not in Team 1 or Team 2. They helped us with practice time and again, even when it sucked for them.

Also, this should be pointed out. The NS competitive team is comprised of NS members and 1 9SD member. BUT fully a 1/4 of the comp teams ranks are filled with former Kuritan unit members as well. Guys whom joined NS either during the heavy active days of CW or for the potential for competitive game play. If it wasn't for units like 9SD, 3TL, Arkab and their ex members joining NS we likely wouldn't have had the critical mass to obtain success let alone compete within MRBC. I do wish there was an easier way to share membership between the Kuritan units without having other members leave and join NS, but still I wanted to recognized this effort was a Kuritan one, not just a Night's Scorn one. We at times have culture clashes with other units inside of Kurita (we are the try hard jerks and occasional MERC trash and we actually like NKVA) but without the work done by 9SD / 3TL / ARKAB / 6RNT and others there wouldn't have been two NS Team's finding victory inside of MRBC.

Going forward I think many of the Kuritan units could find quite a bit of fun in the competitive MRBC scene. You don't have be face SJR, you can face peer teams of similar skill level and break into the competitive scene. It is more enjoyable than you might realize.

Congrats Night Scorn!

#5 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:38 AM

Congratulations!

COMA hopes to take part soon in the competitive scene, no better thrill than versing the best of the best. Hunger games are to be had and well fought for!

Hopefully some day we get to verse each other (we'll let you have a ping advantage hehe) :)

Props all around.

#6 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:46 AM

Actually watched the series yesterday, congrats NS for pretty decisive victories.

#7 J U R A P H

• PipPip
  • Tai-sa
  • Tai-sa
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Congrats from [SRMx]! Great to see you guys kicking ***, maybe some of the other Kuritans might have to give it a swing.

#8 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostJ U R A P H, on 12 April 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

Congrats from [SRMx]! Great to see you guys kicking ***, maybe some of the other Kuritans might have to give it a swing.

I know I disagree with Mechregsurn a bit on the relative OP / not OP of the clans, but units of all skills can participate in MRBC. You just have to have the desire and about 14 active members to pull it off (8 man teams you will need subs). Units can even pool talent with other units to have a competitive team. Phil or myself would be happy to talk more about if you or anyone else is interested.

#9 J U R A P H

• PipPip
  • Tai-sa
  • Tai-sa
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

View PostCrockdaddy, on 12 April 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

I know I disagree with Mechregsurn a bit on the relative OP / not OP of the clans, but units of all skills can participate in MRBC. You just have to have the desire and about 14 active members to pull it off (8 man teams you will need subs). Units can even pool talent with other units to have a competitive team. Phil or myself would be happy to talk more about if you or anyone else is interested.

Sounds great! I know myself and one or two other members in the Unit are interested in maybe giving it a swing. I'll throw you a PM.

#10 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:49 PM

Who put you guys in Division E? They get a good price on those seal pelts?

#11 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

Let me be the first to welcome you to Div A next season, as well as Div B for the season after that.

#12 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2016 - 01:55 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 13 April 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Let me be the first to welcome you to Div A next season, as well as Div B for the season after that.

Posted Image

#13 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

Shots fired! Reported for aimbot.

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 13 April 2016 - 01:49 PM, said:

Who put you guys in Division E? They get a good price on those seal pelts?

Could be the same guy that keeps picking against us...

#15 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

Maybe we should recruit 2000 more members in order to emulate a "unit" like 228.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:44 PM

Lol. We'll see about that big shot.

#17 PaleriderX

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

I wanted to mock you, but with an opinion like this, kinda makes me think your head is in your butt... real far.

#18 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

Very true, we may need to find some wins against the weaker teams, like those 228th scrubs :)

#19 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:17 AM

Lets all hope that CW Phase 3 (Praise be it) is good enough to let 228 and NS face of again and again at the Kurita / CSJ border.

#20 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

Congrats NS, Sorry I could not cast more of your matches, they are a real treat to watch!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users