• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:52 AM

View PostAltruis Lightbringer, on 13 April 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

WARHAMMER!!??!?!?!

I must be running a crap build. I cant make it past the two minute mark.
can someone share this super aswome death dealer build?

Pretty easy - don't run XLs in them. Actually, that's true for ALL of the Alpha Lance mechs. NONE of them run an XL well.

If you really want to sacrifice survivability for weapon tonnage and speed, you can't be surprised that your mech doesn't survive as well.

#22 Tamagoci

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:57 AM

Well I actually only have XL problems with ARC, any other Alpha lance mech seems fine on XL. But I guess it comes down to the piloting style.

#23 Moebius Pi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:19 AM

Definitely piloting style. The Whammies shine with a max or 325xl depending on the build, twist like mad to spread damage well (torso twist quirks) and have some alright chest mounts to play peekaboo with when needed. They've been some of the most XL safe mechs I've piloted (again, no doubt the quirks help), and surviving a long time (and wracking up 1000+ dmg scores) hasn't been a fluke. You can easily cram in some pretty heavy hitting loadouts in them energy wise going even max XL.

Survivability with a STD has been more problematic for me than an XL by a long shot with them (speed and lowered firepower), I generally don't unless it's a SRM brawler or some niche ballistic loadout for kicks. Just don't put too small of an XL in them, get used to twisting like crazy and re-positioning; while running hotter even the one with reduced laser burn times is a vicious ******* for poke-and-cover. If you want to plod and facetank, you're better suited in a STD Marauder.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

#24 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostAltruis Lightbringer, on 13 April 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

WARHAMMER!!??!?!?!

I must be running a crap build. I cant make it past the two minute mark.
can someone share this super aswome death dealer build?

Go forth with laser vomit. Wreck faces with dakka.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users