• Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:33 PM

Ok... so my current favorite setup for my Ebon Jag is the following:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...382e3087380156a

4x MPL
UAC20
S-SRM4

With skills + modules.. all of my ranges for each weapon are pretty damn close to being identical (all around the 360m range)

The problem im having, is the UAC just eats threw its ammo way to fast, even when i save it for heavier targets. And it runs Hot.... really Hot. (yea.. i know.. Clan Mech.. = must over-heat after firing a single SL in order to be 'fair'.... blah blah =P )

Im thinking of switching out the MPL's with standard ERML's.. and just throwing on a Fire-rate Module for the ERML's.. that'll free up 4 tons.. which i could then split 50/50 with HS's and UAC rounds?..

Any ideas?

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,596 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

Clan 'mechs do pay for their superior range, reduced tonnage, and enhanced XL engines with several drawbacks including reduced heat efficiency, yes. Generally the balance is still pretty good.

The UAC/20, on the other hand, does not feel very good to me. Its combination of burst-fire, slow projectile speed, very long un-jamming process and the same heat as the Inner Sphere's AC/20 per shot makes it just a little too resource intensive for me. Thus, I generally use either An LB-20X, or else Two SRM6s. It's not quite as bursty compared to the UAC/20, but the additional efficiency and combat endurance helped me out. I found both of these builds superior to the UAC/20 for my tastes.

Alternately, if you're happy with the UAC/20 but just worry about combat endurance and heat, ditch that lone Streak and put the saved tonnage into a heat sink and a ton and a half of armor.

#3 Wecx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

New Patch coming out is going to reduce LBX Spread so its a good time to try out the LBX 20s

#4 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 13 April 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Clan 'mechs do pay for their superior range, reduced tonnage, and enhanced XL engines with several drawbacks including reduced heat efficiency, yes. Generally the balance is still pretty good.

The UAC/20, on the other hand, does not feel very good to me. Its combination of burst-fire, slow projectile speed, very long un-jamming process and the same heat as the Inner Sphere's AC/20 per shot makes it just a little too resource intensive for me. Thus, I generally use either An LB-20X, or else Two SRM6s. It's not quite as bursty compared to the UAC/20, but the additional efficiency and combat endurance helped me out. I found both of these builds superior to the UAC/20 for my tastes.

Alternately, if you're happy with the UAC/20 but just worry about combat endurance and heat, ditch that lone Streak and put the saved tonnage into a heat sink and a ton and a half of armor.

I actually have the Armor maxed out on that build :)

The streak is mainly there to use against ECM Lights that like to scamper around, though it also comes in handy as a little extra damage against Mech's when the UAC jams.

I personally dont like UAC's (the jamming is just annoying, specially when it happens on the FIRST shot)... but since clans dont get a 'module' for any of the NON UAC ballistics... its kinda pointless to use a normal AC20 on it.

Im giving the 4x ERML's and 2 extra heatsinks + 2 extra tons of UAC20 ammo a try... if it still dosnt feel right, may try the LBX20 in place of the UAC20. Might swap back to the 4x MPL's if i give the LBX20 a try.

#5 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

I would ditch the SSRM4 altogether. It's heavy, and it does jack all against lights on its own. I know if I see a single SSRM4 on any mech in my KFX, I can rush it and facetank it because it spreads damage so much (and doesn't do all that much DPS to begin with). C-MPLs are also extremely toasty for their damage per heat; you'd need more DHS to use that many on a heavy with a UAC20.

EBJ-PRIME

Try this. More DHS, much better short-range damage. If you need to get some long-range firepower in, you should consider switching to a gauss over an AC20.

Alternatively, ditch the AC20 altogether. I find the EBJ is extremely easy to strip of its weapons in a brawl, due to its rather wide shape. It's easy to isolate individual components if you have to facetank an enemy at brawling ranges. EBJ-PRIME might also work.

#6 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,596 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostGwydion Ward, on 13 April 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

I actually have the Armor maxed out on that build Posted Image

/facepalm. Ammo. I meant to say, "a ton and a half of ammo." But typing is hard.

As for light suppression, Fox is right. That one SSRM isn't doing more than discouraging the timid - if you want to get rid of lights, use the pulse lasers and discipline yourself to hold off on the UAC.

Edited by Void Angel, 13 April 2016 - 04:52 PM.

#7 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

Also to throw in there I would recommend an LB-X over a UAC. Personal preference, sure, but I find it a lot easier to just not worry about a jam when you get into a bad spot and you click one too many times. Mind you, I'm like, just into my 3rd or 4th month of play so my trigger restraint could just be lacking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users