5 replies to this topic

#1 Freeman 52

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 154 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

I just started playing Blackjacks and I am getting damage and kills way above my average - even on losses. I went meta with the BJ-3 (fun) and BJ-1X (insane), then bought the BJ-1 just to get to elite and I am shredding people with 2 freaking AC/2s!

Mind you, I am loving this mech right now. But isn't it too much? For my skill level this is on par with Clan tier 1 mechs like SCR and HBR, which were my best KDR so far.

Anyway, just curious about people's thoughts.

#2 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:07 PM

High arms near the cockpit lead to great hillpoking ability. The BJ is also a relatively fast and small target which often gets ignored for bigger fish.

Add to that the usual HSR issues and it's a beast.

Edited by Exilyth, 16 April 2016 - 02:25 PM.

#3 Cairbre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 163 posts
  • LocationHoly Terra

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:12 AM

It's a phenomenal medium sniper- and Snipes saysPosted Image

#4 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:27 AM

I get the same results even after the armor structure nerf. Best mech I have now. The BJ-1x. With speedtweak you go 114kph and can alpha and alpha as well with the 4xmdl and 2xmdpls. Tons of firepower for a little mech combined with speed. Also many overlook it for bigger targets. I can get 5-6 kill games now more frequently in this mech. Love it...till they nerf it again

#5 AmazingOnionMan

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 04:34 AM

The Blackjacks are ..insanely good, Notably better than any other IS-medium with both extremely good hardpoints and extremely good quirks. I can't really hold that against the BJ as it is a very fun mech to play, but there is something not quite right when a 45-tonner routinely outplays pretty much every other ISmedium in the game.

#6 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:55 AM

I agree about the lack of attention. I've found some of my best matches come in chassis that are ignored over larger more common threats.

It's a great mech to poke and maneuver in coverage or a crowd. When caught out in the open it dies just as quickly as anything else.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users