#2 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

… What does GXP conversion have to do with Communal Warfare?

#3 LegendaryArticuno

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 664 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

Not much of an event going on here...

#4 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

View PostGoose, on 14 April 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

Things you unlock with GXP can be used in Faction Play! Some folks may want to get some extra module levels or level a light mech or 2 for Scouting.

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 14 April 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:

Not much of an event going on here...

I know I should have called it Double XP event!
You get double the XP folks!
Holla back if you like Double XP!

#5 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

Me seeing "STOCK UP FOR PHASE 3" thinking it meant mechs and or mechbays on sale

Posted Image

Me clicking into announcement and seeing its just xp stuff

Posted Image

So yeah calling it double xp would make a lot more sense. Or you know have a sale on (hero) mechs and mechbays :)

Edited by dario03, 14 April 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#6 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

Some people might pimp their dropdeck with some mechs, and mastered mechs are better combat machines than unmastered ones. That's what you might need GXP for.
Or some nifty weapon modules, or seismic, or radar deprivation or or or... you name it ;)

@topic: the numbers used on the event page say that XP are calculated multiplicative, whereas cbills are usuall calculated additive. Doesn't make sense to me why using a Championmech and Prem for XP scales better than using a hero/specialmech and prem for cbills.
At least on my ending screen, the cbills gained from heroes and prem are listed separately and are both calculated with the standard-amount as a base.

But I don't udnerstand why Championmechs are kept at such a "worthless" state once a mech is leveled. Their contribution to GXP is absurdly minimal.
In my opinion. Hero and specialmechs should have the 30% cbill AND 30% XP-Bonus. And since people paid for championmechs with hard cash, they should get their 30% XP-boost and on top an additonal 10 - 15% cbill-boost. That way the cheaper championmechs are still differentiated from the heroes and people will have a nice little extra after the mech is mastered - because, you know, those which really pay for their championmechs contribute to the paycheck of the guys and girls trying to get this game right.

#7 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, the rewards for the double XP reward table.. ..$80 to get the top tier reward - ooh $10mil c-bills and some cockpit items..

..I just can't think of anyone in their right mind that would.. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

But double XP is always good for *trying* to get round to those neglected mechs.. :P

Edited by White Bear 84, 14 April 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#8 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostGoose, on 14 April 2016 - 03:48 PM, said:

To skill up those mechs and pilot trees as much and fast as possible for those Faction Warfare matches? Because you kinda need Elited mechs with all efficiencies unlocked. Elite a mech and those basic tweaks gets doubled. Much needed in Faction play.

#9 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:05 PM

Trying not to be too grumpy about bonus XP and a "buy 5, get 1 free" MC sale, but it sure would be nice if the weekend events started a few hours earlier.

Friday night is our designated drunken Aussie shenanigans night, and 5pm UTC is 3am Saturday morning for most of my team.

Edit: to be perfectly clear ... Shenanigans have often continued until the wee hours of the morning, but it would be spectacular if the weekend events actually included my busiest weekend night for MWO.

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 14 April 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#10 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

Thank you PGI for double xp. I am going into an off weekend and will gladly level a few mechs.

20% Mc bonus is also not a terrible deal.

Won't be doing the conversion. Hero mechs, champion mechs, and mech bays ( even when not on sale) are a better value imo.

#11 freud2b

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

It's bad !
Even promotions now = Pay to Win Posted Image

If it continues like this for me and a lot of player will be = STOP to play MWO Posted Image

Still no promotion on the modules (if expensive) or mechs or mechbay Posted Image

Edited by freud2b, 15 April 2016 - 05:28 AM.

#12 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:22 PM

View Postfreud2b, on 14 April 2016 - 04:14 PM, said:

It's bad !
Even promotions now = Pay to play Posted Image

If it continues like this for me and a lot of player will be = STOP to play MWO Posted Image

Still no promotion on the modules (if expensive) or mechs or mechbay Posted Image

Mmm, I like how if you convert 1000XP you get +100% increase to all 'mech armour and damage with weapons. This game is getting really p2w.

Hang on a moment...

#13 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

Extremely unimpressed with this . . . especially because of this fact right here:

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 14 April 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

.. ..$80 to get the top tier reward - ooh 10mil c-bills and some cockpit items..

..I just can't think of anyone in their right mind that would.. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

That . . . that is an absurd joke of an "event" . . . especially considering what 1 million gxp would even get you:

- EITHER Unlock ~200 weapon modules fully . . . there aren't even 200 weapon modules in the game.

- OR Take ~17.5 mechs from no basics to completely mastered.

- OR Unlock every non-weapon pilot skill with boatloads of gxp left over.

Now, that's presuming that the player doesn't already have things unlocked. Even if you were to try to do a myriad/mix of these things . . . really . . . why would any active -or even casual- player from the last 1-4 years have the slightest need/desire to convert 1 million gxp. Even most casual players have at least the basics on hand for a drop deck . . . which means that they have zero need to convert such an absurd amount of xp for such an exorbitant cost to themselves.

It just doesn't make any sense . . . especially for such a paltry "reward" for such a massive investment. It's utterly absurd.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outside of that, all I can say is that the "Praise be to Phase 3" mantra we've been hearing for the last year better be worth it . . . along with whatever balancing work starts to happen in the next few months.

Whether I love the Battletech IP or not, it's getting harder and harder to like MWO.

#14 MuzMuzMuz

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Nice time to quickly level a few more mechs over the weekend.

Still waiting for another "Lock 'n Load" type sale to stock up on more modules for the dozens of different 'mechs I take to CW FW. Last one was eight months ago in August? We just had a double XP event in February?

#15 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:30 PM

Throw in a mech bay sale and many of us will jump for joy. Also, c-bill mech sale soon would be awesome too. Many of us are in the gap waiting on the Kodiak next month and have run out of mech bays. I'd love to stock up on mech bays and have a nice mech sale soon before Kodiak hits to occupy my time. Posted Image We've had a lot of MC sales lately, but not many mech sales.
I believe the last mech bay sale was in Jan. A quarterly mech sale would be a good model. :)

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 14 April 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#16 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

@ Matt

!!!!!!!!What the heck man......feel like I just got pranked or somethingPosted Image ....you should change the name to Double XP event or something man!

Here I saw "Stock Up For Phase 3" and I got all excited. Was like "FINALLY a flippin mech bay sale, and an MC Sale...time to buy some MC n stock upPosted Image ".....then clicked the link....and was thoroughly DISAPPOINTED!

You guys should add a mech bay sale to this, or just change the misleading name!

Anyhow, the double xp is still pretty nice. Thanks for that, I still have some uncommonly played mechs I need to Master.

#17 LORD ORION

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:32 PM

This is actually a tournament huh.... to convert 20,000MC into GXP?

PGI... jesus....

Edited by LORD ORION, 14 April 2016 - 04:40 PM.

#18 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 April 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

a light mech or 2 for Scouting.

Have you even played CW? The entire mode is designed specifically to eliminate scouting by pushing every match into channels.

Edited by sycocys, 14 April 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#19 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:44 PM

Awesome. Been waiting for another 2x XP weekend. Gotta be honest though, when I saw the Cicada in the image with a non-default camo, I thought camos were on sale too for a second there. Been waiting for the Buccaneer camo to go on sale for all chassis lol.

#20 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:51 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 April 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Things you unlock with GXP can be used in Faction Play! Some folks may want to get some extra module levels or level a light mech or 2 for Scouting.

I know I should have called it Double XP event!
You get double the XP folks!
Holla back if you like Double XP!

You spelled "Hatchetman" wrong. Again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users