118 replies to this topic

#101 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 15 April 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

If your doing the conversion for the GXP.... well thats just dumb, you will end up with so much excess GXP just by playing its a joke.

Actually, in my experience, no.

I only spend GXP for module unlocks ... and the only way I would have unlocked the number of modules I have available is by converting XP-> GXP using MC. I have probably converted about 150k xp altogether.

If I tried to just play the game to earn GXP ... it would be years more before I could unlock the modules I want to use ... simply because I don't have the time to play more than a few matches a week.

If you are one of those folks who can play two to six hours every day then GXP conversion may not make much sense but if you are one of those with a wife/family/job then GXP conversion sales are an absolute must and a great opportunity to unlock content at a reduced rate since 100k of GXP only costs 2000MC.

#102 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

I converted so I did not have to slog through 3 Novas just to get the master slot. Mastered 2 with GXP and leveled the Prime the usual way with 2x XP. It saves time people, Then everyone has to make the decision if it is worth the RL money. For me it was.

#103 Wyattorc

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

Having an exp boost is always good, but not what people were looking for with the up coming FW patch. I know a bunch of the people that I play with are looking for more mech bays (have not see any mech bays in the weekend events in a while) and more mechs for CW. with that comes buying weapons, engines, and modules. for one mech it can cost upwards of 30m c-bills (10-15mill for mech, eng, weps plus 18mill for 3 modules). for a full decked out drop deck your looking at over 100 million c-bills for 4 mechs. What I'm trying to get at is that the promotion leading up to the event should have been to get people the mechs and bays they need to compete.

I am looking forward to seeing some discounts on mechs (*cough* *cough* black knight & grasshopper *Cough* *Cough*) and some of the recently released mechs, like the Marauder, available for c-bills.

with that being said I'm stoked for the new content! Can't wait to see you all on the battle field!

#104 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

Just bought the 100 USD package and im happy - 5.000 MC bonus is a very nice deal. Thanks for that :)

#105 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 02:43 PM

For $7 you can buy 5 mech bays instead of 4... or get enough MC's for a mastery bundle you already have same basic variants of champion mechs in, sell your ordinary versions off, and poof...vacant mech bays and 30 days of premium time also. I bought the Orion and Blackjack bundles like I'd planned to do, basic'ed the ordinary mechs in each pack in only a half dozen missions and sold them. Two free mech bays and a few million c-bills. Plus two hero and champion mechs to add to my collection.

Edited by Dee Eight, 16 April 2016 - 03:05 PM.

#106 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

I always try to wait until an mc sale before buying mc. Guess its time to buy some stuff. I'll be the silly person who spends mc on a heavy metal.... give it a performance boost for me!

#107 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:41 PM

Anyone else noticed a sudden influx of stupidity in the quick games since this event began ?

#108 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:03 PM

That double XP weekend was just at the good timing for me, I could get 3 of my Mechs fully mastered, too bad I wont have time to do my 2 other Mechs that needs to be mastered but in time they will.

#109 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:06 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 17 April 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Anyone else noticed a sudden influx of stupidity in the quick games since this event began ?

Actually, I've had some of the most satisfying games all week since the event started. Then again T5 is a fickle place, that and I bought Warhawks and levelled those up after trudging through the skills in Dire Wolves for a week

#110 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:06 PM

I appreciate the XP boost, came after I bought about 9 chassis but still it's helping me master the ones I want to keep. Do we really have to buy three of the mechs to level just one mech all the way :(
It's quite a waste of time/effort. I want to play the mechs I enjoy not the ones I don't.

Also the "stock up" element needs to have some mechs + mechbays for sale, then we can really stock up ;)

#111 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

Thanks for the event. It helped me unlock some modules.

#112 mushis

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostRampage, on 18 April 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

ditto

#113 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

View PostRampage, on 18 April 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

Having had some time to play at this point, I can say similar things as well. This period of Double XP allowed me to boost my tank of GXP for unlocking Modules later along. And that's even if my point still stands back on Page 2 about not looking like a "Cash Grab" as much as it has been. Now, I need to start planning for 3 months down the road, provided MWO doesn't turn into a wreck. :huh:

~D. V. "Thanks for now, PGI... Knowing my own luck, MWO dies, and I'm going to be sad again." Devnull

#114 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostMawai, on 16 April 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

Actually, in my experience, no.

I only spend GXP for module unlocks ... and the only way I would have unlocked the number of modules I have available is by converting XP-> GXP using MC. I have probably converted about 150k xp altogether.

If I tried to just play the game to earn GXP ... it would be years more before I could unlock the modules I want to use ... simply because I don't have the time to play more than a few matches a week.

If you are one of those folks who can play two to six hours every day then GXP conversion may not make much sense but if you are one of those with a wife/family/job then GXP conversion sales are an absolute must and a great opportunity to unlock content at a reduced rate since 100k of GXP only costs 2000MC.

Mawai, you are quoting someone who views the world only through their own eyes. Many of us do not have the time to grind like we did when we were in our teens, but a good number of posters here think that everyone has 2-3 hours a day to play. The unfortunate thing is that the "grind" is optimized for those players, and we without much time have to constantly pay cash in order to maintain what we feel is a decent rate of progression.

It's the price we pay for Free To Play. If we can't populate the server every day, then we have hand over cash constantly to stay at the game's pace.

#115 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

Tis the evolution of all gamers. When you're young you have all the time and no money, when you're older your cashflow generally improves but you don't have the free time to actually use the stuff you keep buying.

It's why I keep buying 10x more models than I can ever hope to paint :)

#116 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:16 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 18 April 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

It's why I keep buying 10x more models than I can ever hope to paint Posted Image

Okay, now all you have to do is stop buying Mechs with and instead buy all those "infinite paint cans" and "permanent pattern unlocks" with !!! :P

~D. V. "Simple, right? LOL." Devnull

#117 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 16 April 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

I converted so I did not have to slog through 3 Novas just to get the master slot. Mastered 2 with GXP and leveled the Prime the usual way with 2x XP. It saves time people, Then everyone has to make the decision if it is worth the RL money. For me it was.

That reminds me, I have a trio of Novas with 0XP that could use a boost while the 2x is in effect. Might have to do a couple drops tonight, mastering the Archers is hardly a priority :D

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 April 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Okay, now all you have to do is stop buying Mechs with and instead buy all those "infinite paint cans" and "permanent pattern unlocks" with !!! Posted Image

If only painting miniatures was as easy as the MWO camo specs screen lol :D

#118 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 April 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

I know I should have called it Double XP event!
You get double the XP folks!
Holla back if you like Double XP!

Holla!

#119 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 18 April 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 April 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

Okay, now all you have to do is stop buying Mechs with and instead buy all those "infinite paint cans" and "permanent pattern unlocks" with !!! Posted Image

If only painting miniatures was as easy as the MWO camo specs screen lol Posted Image

Oh, damn... I thought you were talking about the Mechs in your MechBay, not Real Life objects! My mistake, sorry! :blush:

~D. V. "I hope you have a safe case to put all those minis in!" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users