Stock Up For Phase 3

118 replies to this topic

#41 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:52 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 April 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Things you unlock with GXP can be used in Faction Play! Some folks may want to get some extra module levels or level a light mech or 2 for Scouting. I know I should have called it Double XP event! You get double the XP folks! Holla back if you like Double XP!

The game progression is too fast at the moment. Please disable these double XP events and remove x2 daily bonuses instead. That would be a better event!

#42 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:03 PM

I need some Wolf warhorns to serenade the fallen for FW Phase 3.

#43 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 14 April 2016 - 10:35 PM

I was hoping to stock up on mechbays or mechs or modules or weapons or ..... something.

Best "tournament" ever, world championships are going to struggle to beat this one.

#44 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:08 PM

That's it, I'm buying Warhawks. Good thing I waited a couple days! :D

#45 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:16 PM

XP event is always apreciated. Mastering many mechs can be a chore, thank you! Maybe I finally pick up and try the Mauler this weekend.

#46 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:23 PM

Thanks for the double XP, PGI.

As for the rest: Doesn't apply to me, since I vowed to stop the cash flow until you've proven that you deliver on the game, i.e. gameplay, balancing and the like instead of just trying to milk players with ever bor... new 'mechs.

So, Phase 3 it is then and I hope it's going to be a success, since I really want this game to succeed.

#47 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:51 PM

Yeah, this is nice, but other than the Double XP, there's really nothing for me with this "Stock Up" sale. PGI, you usually have some sort of tie-in with holidays and observances; why not a 'mech bay/'mech for c-bills sale? Hell, it's tax time here in the US, call it a "Tax Relief" sale!

#48 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:25 AM

lamest G-up ever!

#49 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:28 AM

I am not putting any more $$$$ into this game until p3 comes out and is actually good!

#50 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:20 AM

Poor naming, weak sale, and still no information about how units / factions and so on will work coming next patch.

You need to realise that players and especially those leading an unit like to have sufficient information in advance to at least balance the uncertainty about the upcoming changes.

#51 MrGraysonCarlyle

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEdewecht, Germany

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:30 AM

Thanks for the sale PGI!

Please consider a mech bay sale and a clan mech sale for preparation on phase 3.

You could have made a clan mech/mech bay sale before this one. That would have made sense to me. First we buy the mechs and then you help us mastering this new mechs with this XP event.

Maybe you could add a clan mech sale as some kind of hotfix for this event. That would be great and would give me a reason to spend more time and money on MWO.

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:34 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 14 April 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

I know I should have called it Double XP event!
You get double the XP folks!
Holla back if you like Double XP!

Consider: "Train for Phase 3!"
"Call to war, double XP training for Phase 3!"
Something that elludes to XP as stock implies buying things. Even something like "Tune your Mechs/equipment for Phase 3!". Where XP " tunes up" your Mech's performance and allows you to get modules.

(Actually a module sale would be a great cbill sink, giving people all the more reason to tear right into cw to replenish their cbills stored.

#53 Kaletti

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 11 posts
  • LocationYurope

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:49 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 14 April 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

Thanks for the double XP, PGI.

As for the rest: Doesn't apply to me, since I vowed to stop the cash flow until you've proven that you deliver on the game, i.e. gameplay, balancing and the like instead of just trying to milk players with ever bor... new 'mechs.

So, Phase 3 it is then and I hope it's going to be a success, since I really want this game to succeed.

signed

#54 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:20 AM

PGI thanx for the MC sale, double XP and double GXP conv. rate. The name of the "event" is a bit misleading, sth. in the manner of "Double XP Weekend + 20% bonus on all MC packages" would suffice.

Definitely gonna stock up on MCs, since there is no implication of what or when the next sale is gonna be. Found myself a couple of times in a situation where I didn't take advantage of the MC or some other sale and regret it later.

Have a nice weekend every one!!

#55 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:28 AM

Let's see...spend 20,000 MC to get a mech bay, some useless cockpit items that do nothing useful other than obscure your vision or distract you from noticing enemy mechs, and 11 million c-bills. How about I just spend 20,000 MC and get 32.5 million c-bills directly ? Or buy some more colors, and some camo 1-shots. For that matter if mechs are your goal, you're better off just buying the packs off the web store. Let's use the warhammers as an example... to buy them for cash from the gift store, $35 gets you the basic three variants and the black widow hero mech and 30 days of premium time, 1 title, 1 badge, 1 warhorn, 4 mech bays, 2 other cockpit items. Through the in-game store, just those four mechs and four mech bays will set you back 13,810MC. With the maximum price value $100 / 30k MC event level, that's roughly $46 in MCs... for less stuff. The MC purchase events last month and the month before, which included champion mech / mech bundle rewards were much better deals.

I'm sure there will be players unable to do the basic math, even with a calculator to see how this MC deal is a waste of money, and using it to convert XP especially so but I'm not one of them.

#56 aaykeem

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostMuzMuzMuz, on 14 April 2016 - 04:30 PM, said:

Nice time to quickly level a few more mechs over the weekend.

Oh, yes. I've still got... 7? mechs I need to get to elite and haven't because I tend to invest most of my time in CW. This will speed things up quite a bit and get me some more drop deck combinations for CW3 :D

#57 vocifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 284 posts
  • LocationMordor borderlands

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:40 AM

Why do we need either mech sale or double xp if we don't know which mechs would we take in the new gamemode?

#58 Marius Romanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:40 AM

April Fools day was 14 days ago wasnt it ? or does it run for the whole month ?

Can you at least get the Bog Quick play ready screen map the right way up?

Add a scroll bar to in game chat ?

make lobby friends list sortable by faction ?

Stop me losing half a conversation when i die in CW coz it dissapears ?

Stop the game automatically stopping me when I close the minimap after telling the mech to go numpad 0 (full speed) before i opened the minimap ?

these are a few of the 50ish basic quality of life issues whoever your customer relations officer (if you have one) should be finding and getting programmers to fix that i can remember off the top of my head in 30 seconds, I'll list some more if you ask, hoping phase 3 is good and all the basic things are fixed, then ill buy a mech pack.

Edited by CadoAzazel, 15 April 2016 - 03:42 AM.

#59 MoonShaman

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 20 posts
  • LocationShetland Isles

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:18 AM

MC bonus is the important thing here for me. Living on a tight budget means little money for "treats". So the extra 250 MCs with the cheapest bundle is a godsend. I won't be converting XP, but I will be buying 6 'mechbays. :)

#60 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:48 AM

you're full of sheep dip, who takes un leveled mechs to CW? No one does. PGI are you sucking around for more money?
Mr Bullock show the heads of the cheaters like you promised, that will make people send you some of their hard earned cash!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users