#1 Zink1701

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 99 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:40 AM

This double XP and MOAR MC for your £ is great, thanks, I mean that but WTF?
Spend nearly $100 on MC only to waste yes waste it on XP conversion and for what?
Some cockpit woot and CBills, SERIOUSLY!? No Hero Mech, not even a Champion Mech (which would be highly appropriate as it is for XP grinding). Come on guys, you can do better than that.

Regards Zink1701

#2 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

theory... they blew all their cash on... something and now their desperate.

#3 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:15 AM

Eh, it's a sale on MC. The rest is just a if you were gonna convert XP anyways kind of thing.

#4 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:18 AM

Yeah I just see it as bonus MC and double XP weekend more than anything.

#5 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:19 AM

View PostZink1701, on 15 April 2016 - 08:40 AM, said:

Spend nearly $100 on MC only to waste yes waste it on XP conversion and for what?
Some cockpit woot and CBills, SERIOUSLY!? No Hero Mech, not even a Champion Mech (which would be highly appropriate as it is for XP grinding). Come on guys, you can do better than that.

Regards Zink1701

No, you did not mean that with good regard, it was a silly rant.

You would complain if Nike had a discounted running shoe sale and also gave away free fancy shoe laces to anyone who buys $100 worth of shoes, because you think paying $100 for shoe laces is a bad deal.

Go post your super-valuable feedback on the actual thread where it belongs.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 15 April 2016 - 09:20 AM.

#6 Zink1701

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 99 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

Look to be clear I was not complaining about the sale itself. That is great and I mean that. You missed the point, you only get the "fancy shoe laces" if you blow all that $100 worth of MC on XP conversion. So you don't even get any "Nike Trainers", you pay $100 for credits to buy modules for you trainers that you don't have because you blew it all on XP conversion. They could at least give you a pair of trainers if you are going to blow it all on water replant mod and air sole speed tweak mod.

Edited by Zink1701, 15 April 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:31 AM

When I saw the conversion rewards:

Posted Image

A reward is suppose to be something to look forward to. Alas.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 April 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 15 April 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

Eh, it's a sale on MC. The rest is just a if you were gonna convert XP anyways kind of thing.

QFT.

The question really is what good is MC any more?

#9 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

View PostTercieI, on 15 April 2016 - 09:50 AM, said:

QFT.

The only use I've found for it lately is converting XP. I suppose if your new and want various patterns and colors it could be used for that as well.

#10 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:59 AM

QFT.

mech bays

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 15 April 2016 - 09:59 AM.

#11 Zink1701

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 99 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

QFT.

TBH not much now, most purchases now are on the online store (they should put a sale on that at some point lol). I have everything I want, paints Mechs ect. I use it on Cammo for the when I'm bored and buy a random Mech for the lolz. For newer players its good I guess, Mech package, Hero Mechs ect.

#12 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

I'm gonna let you guys in on a little known secret of the Free to Play model of game development. Hold onto a chair or something so you don't fall and hurt yourself when I reveal it.

Ready?

They depend on people who seriously overvalue the product or undervalue their money.

I know, right? Shocking as it is, this practice has been around a very long time and even predates online FTP games.

Posted Image

(Please note: It debatable that he ever said this, but it doesn't no make it true)

#13 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

So if someone was waiting to buy MC and so happens to want to convert XP this is suddenly bad? Double XP and a sale on MC and done free cbills for converting along the way?

Just because your not needing gxp doesn't mean others don't. And being tiered cbill rewards means you don't need to drop 100 to get something

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

Moving to feedback thread, this doesn't belong in General Discussion.

#15 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 15 April 2016 - 10:21 AM, said:

Posted Image

You can go to a store and buy an unbranded plain white t-shirt for (let's say) $10. You can buy a plain white t-shirt with high street fashion brand's logo on the washing instructions tag for $60. The difference in cut, cloth and workmanship may be quite small. So if you're on a limited budget, or if the small difference doesn't seem valuable to you, or if you have no interest in fashion brands, then the $10 is the obvious choice.

BUT

That doesn't make the person who chooses to buy the $60 t-shirt a fool. It makes them a person who has assessed the relative value of each item based on their own needs, wants and desires, and who has made the decision that the attributes that set the $60 t-shirt apart from the $10 t-shirt are valuable enough TO THAT INDIVIDUAL that the additional $50 is a worthwhile expense. Unless that person is failing to pay their bills etc, their decision to pay the extra $50 is not a bad one; it's just a personal one.

I'd argue that when you're talking about the purchase of *virtual* goods -- goods which are pure entertainment with zero practical benefit, in this case -- whether a virtual item is worth its purchase price is entirely down to each potential purchaser's personal own assessment of the value to be gained.

Edited by Ano, 15 April 2016 - 11:14 AM.

#16 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

Regards Zink1701

Regards Zink1701

Correct me if I am wrong but I think the rewards stack with the previous tiers. Meaning that 100 dollars gives you have...

C-bills
Cockpit items:
Cup of Large laser Pop standing item, Plasma Ball Standing, Leopard DropShip Standing Item, Bonsai Tree Standing Item, Ice Bucket with a bottle of Champagne.
Other:
16 x C-bill Consumble pack
1 x Mechbay

That's a lot of content considering you still get the worth of converging all that xp... It is already worth it's dollar without any extras so it's hard to say it's a rip off.

#17 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

View PostAno, on 15 April 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

You can go to a store and buy an unbranded plain white t-shirt for (let's say) $10. You can buy a plain white t-shirt with high street fashion brand's logo on the washing instructions tag for $60. The difference in cut, cloth and workmanship may be quite small. So if you're on a limited budget, or if the small difference doesn't seem valuable to you, or if you have no interest in fashion brands, then the $10 is the obvious choice.

BUT

That doesn't make the person who chooses to buy the $60 t-shirt a fool. It makes them a person who has assessed the relative value of each item based on their own needs, wants and desires, and who has made the decision that the attributes that set the $60 t-shirt apart from the $10 t-shirt are valuable enough TO THAT INDIVIDUAL that the additional $50 is a worthwhile expense. Unless that person is failing to pay their bills etc, their decision to pay the extra $50 is not a bad one; it's just a personal one.

I'd argue that when you're talking about the purchase of *virtual* goods -- goods which are pure entertainment with zero practical benefit, in this case -- whether a virtual item is worth its purchase price is entirely down to each potential purchaser's personal own assessment of the value to be gained.

So.....you're saying you bought a Kanye West plain white Tee for $200?

#18 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:21 PM

I'll probably master a highlander II, arctic cheetah, centurion, two shadowcats and whatever else I own that isn't completely lvl'ed over the course of the event(double XP). Werkz 4 me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users