Any Old School Btech Mud/mush Players Around?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:09 PM

Hey all,

Just wondering if there's anyone here that used to play on the old BTech MUDs/MUSHes?

I used to play on many of them under the same name as a dropship pilot/aerospace pilot/VTOL pilot primarily, with the odd character/site being a tech/quad pilot.

#2 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

You mean like neveron.com?

I had an account when that site was at its height but could never find time to play.

#3 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 16 April 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

You mean like neveron.com?

I had an account when that site was at its height but could never find time to play.

I never did get around to playing there, just a little bit on Invasion3042, I think it was. But no, MUD/MUSH/MUXes go even further back than Neveron. The SarnaWIKI description is here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/MUX

Basically it was an entirely text-based/ANSI version of what we play today. To me, the type of CW/FW you found on those sites are the gold standard of what FW should be, but will likely never be due to the sheer size/number of players.

#4 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

Are people still playing that stuff?

#5 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:32 AM

I don't think so, it was already starting to die out when I left back 10-12 years ago. Based on the wiki page it looks like there's still one listed there but their last post on their website was from 2015, so who knows if it's still running or not. They were a lot of fun back then though and thought I'd take a shot at seeing if any old friends were still around the community :)

#6 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

View PostShino Tenshi, on 17 April 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

I never did get around to playing there, just a little bit on Invasion3042, I think it was. But no, MUD/MUSH/MUXes go even further back than Neveron. The SarnaWIKI description is here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/MUX

Basically it was an entirely text-based/ANSI version of what we play today. To me, the type of CW/FW you found on those sites are the gold standard of what FW should be, but will likely never be due to the sheer size/number of players.

I missed the era of MUD/MUX dungeons.

I have played some number crunching based browser implemented games that were similar to MUD/MUX.

I miss those. I think a lot of those number crunching based games were far superior to the stuff that gets released today on PS4/XBox/Wii and PC. Definitely not in terms of graphics but in terms of fundamental design and conception.

#7 The Smoking Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDa Yoop

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:37 AM

I'm also wondering if there is an ongoing MUD/MUX of Btech or anything similar. I checked the links for Frontier and 3030, but it looks like the last man standing has quietly slipped into the void. Anyone know if there are still any running?

#8 Rand 3065MUX

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:32 AM

Rand here .. still randomly checking in. Miss you all my older friends!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users