29 replies to this topic

#1 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:04 AM

Loyalist, what are we going to do with our new Phase 3 power? Do we know enough? What are our goals? What vengeance do we want? Who are our priorities?

#2 Saint Atlas and the Commando Elf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

Attack Davion. As is tradition.

#3 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:50 AM

Well, first we'll need to find out how the voting works, as well as the scout missions. Then we'll need to decide if we want to continue assisting other houses vs the clans, or duke it out as usual with Davionites. Do we want to share a border with Davion around Terra so that there are two forces to repel the clans or do we want to do it just ourselves? Will Liaoists also push north to help vs the clans or not? Will Steinerites and Kuritists also allow the southern 3 houses to move up through their territory to help them by presenting multiple fronts vs the clans, or will they deny us the ability to help them?

From a player's perspective, everyone wants to play the game and have fun. No one can dispute that. From a geo-political perspective, that's another matter entirely. Thankfully, we Mariks are lucky we have a natural diplomat like Stingray. The man knows how to reason with others and helps them see his point of view. I'm not familiar with the other house politicians, but at least we Marikians are in good hands. Posted Image

We'll see how it goes starting Tuesday.

#4 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

I would like to team up with the Davs again it was lots of fun. ;)

#5 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

Step one is to take 8 planets from Liao. After that I don't care.

#6 Hans Davion

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:45 PM

As you know in CW I have never been a good loyalist davion (even though the only reason I originally joined the Swords of Kentares was to be part of a Davion unit) I do the best I can by proudly flying the Davion red and gold colours on all my Mechs, so speaking not as MercStar baby seal clubber but as Hans Davion of the Swords of Kentares, the Captain-General, Marik though he may be, has what can only be considered the noblest of goals - Davion supports the annexation of 8 Liao worlds for the greater good of the Inner Sphere

Edited by Hans Davion, 17 April 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#7 Manei Domini Krigg

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,005 posts
  • Locationred team

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:54 PM

Most actual question - WHAT PGI do at phase 3 to maintain interest (CW) of LOYALISTs players that already have 20 rank.

#8 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:03 PM

Probably be Davion vs the usual but once the clans push down far enough, I would think as we saw this last map, the Houses would converge on the clans as priority.

#9 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:33 PM

View PostKrigg, on 17 April 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Most actual question - WHAT PGI do at phase 3 to maintain interest (CW) of LOYALISTs players that already have 20 rank.
what I've been wondering is what incentive there is as a faction to play FW. All we hear is individual unit leaderboard which I couldn't care less about.

Not that I personally care. I just like turning things purple. However for the last year I've been listening to whining within Marik about how there is not reason to fight. So, despite no other game requiring a reason to do this, MWO needs a reason for people to fight beyond superior match rewards, the LP system, and seeing the faction thrive. What reason does (your faction here) have to push their borders in phase 3 that it didn't have in phase 2?

Edited by ThomasMarik, 17 April 2016 - 11:36 PM.

#10 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

With the queue split what we probably want to do is have nights of the week designated Davion/Marik (and Liao when they've got the peeps) and other nights for playing against the Clans. That way we're not splitting our populations every night.

Love playing with Marik. You guys are always good fun. However IS vs Clan is a different set of strats and you don't want to get out of practice. Having 2 nights a week where we all shift to the Clan border would be good, then 5 days of good 'ol Marik/Davion goodness.

#11 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:23 AM

Are we even going to be able to fight the clans before they physically get down here?

#12 Lightning0861

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBerenson, Free Worlds League

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:06 AM

We always have bee able to. I have never minded and believe that the IS should unite under the greater good and defend DC ad Lyran worlds. Once the clans have been repelled we can fight each other just like it is now at the end of phase 2. That's my two cents.

Edited by Lightning0861, 18 April 2016 - 06:07 AM.

#13 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostCaine2112, on 17 April 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

Well, first we'll need to find out how the voting works, as well as the scout missions. Then we'll need to decide if we want to continue assisting other houses vs the clans, or duke it out as usual with Davionites. Do we want to share a border with Davion around Terra so that there are two forces to repel the clans or do we want to do it just ourselves? Will Liaoists also push north to help vs the clans or not? Will Steinerites and Kuritists also allow the southern 3 houses to move up through their territory to help them by presenting multiple fronts vs the clans, or will they deny us the ability to help them?

From a player's perspective, everyone wants to play the game and have fun. No one can dispute that. From a geo-political perspective, that's another matter entirely. Thankfully, we Mariks are lucky we have a natural diplomat like Stingray. The man knows how to reason with others and helps them see his point of view. I'm not familiar with the other house politicians, but at least we Marikians are in good hands. Posted Image

We'll see how it goes starting Tuesday.

If taking worlds has real, in-game impacts, I think I'd be less likely to let Marik or Liao build a corridor through Steiner space. If it's like the last two iterations, that's a whole other problem because if taking worlds is meaningless, what's the point?

#14 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 18 April 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

If taking worlds has real, in-game impacts, I think I'd be less likely to let Marik or Liao build a corridor through Steiner space. If it's like the last two iterations, that's a whole other problem because if taking worlds is meaningless, what's the point?

That's a good point, but I still hold true to my statement of multiple fronts. Best example would be the FRR. At the start of a new reset, they have all 4 clans to contend with. When presented with that many planets to hold on to, they don't have the manpower to repel every attack AND fight the clans on their planets too. Yes the southern houses can help, and we should be coordinating with the FRR to bolster their defenses, but it still stands that 4 fronts into 1 opponent will almost always win.

Therefore, by doing the same to the clans, and presenting 5, possibly even 6 fronts if FRR hasn't fallen by then, then the Inner Sphere can hold a better advantage over the clans, seeing as they now will have more planets to defend. Fail to defend more than 1 planet and they start getting net losses in territory. Yes it means going through Steiner and Kurita territories, even when making a slim corridor to the clans, but even a few lost planets can have a significant impact on the overall picture.

#15 Bear Tech

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

Lets all give it a week or so to get a handle on the new system. Then, we can have this conversation from a more enlightened place.

#16 HeavyEcho

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 46 posts
  • LocationNew Kent

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:36 AM

What are we going to do?
The same thing we do every night Pinky.
Try to take over Davion worlds.

#17 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostHeavyEcho, on 19 April 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

What are we going to do?
The same thing we do every night Pinky.
Try to take over Davion worlds.

Well played. I was waiting for that one.

#18 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

Something new : i wanna attack Steiner and capture Solaris Posted Image Have not played against Skye Rangers for too long now ...

Edited by Joe Decker, 19 April 2016 - 08:05 PM.

#19 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 19 April 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

Something new : i wanna attack Steiner and capture Solaris Posted Image Have not played against Skye Rangers for too long now ...

Looks like you may get your wish with tonight's vote.

#20 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 19 April 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

A German wanting to fight the Germans that is new for you Joe, you usually wanna be friends with them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users