Lrm Atlas

41 replies to this topic

#1 Aroru

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:39 AM

For all of those that insist playing LRM Atlas build, here is the best build for it.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cded4c60b5eab21

Modules:
Radar Deprivation
Advanced Seismic Sensor
SRM 4 Range
SRM 4 Cooldown
AC10 Cooldown
Cool Shot
Artillery Strike

#2 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:19 AM

Ok so now explain me why is it better to take one single LRM 10 over an other SRM launcher ?

I really want to try to understand it. Ho and i like your introduction "Here is the best build for it". It seems that you trust in yourself ! Well, well, well...

#3 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:26 AM

Here's a non-douchey LRM Atlas if you have the uncontrollable itch to put LRMs on the tankiest and brawliest mech in the game.

Play this build and you won't get the entirety of your team's salt levels when everyone else is dead and you're still sitting in the back lobbing LRMs at 95% health.

#4 Exard3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:18 AM

THIS IS THE TRUE LRM ATLAS DDC

AS7-D-DC

Edited by Exard3k, 22 April 2016 - 03:19 AM.

#5 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:54 AM

Come on, where is the XL engine. We know that you need XL's for LRM boats

#6 Zarock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

Youre all wrong. The best lrm-Atlas is the following:

Just kidding, never do that, dont even think about it.

#7 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 22 April 2016 - 01:26 AM, said:

Here's a non-douchey LRM Atlas if you have the uncontrollable itch to put LRMs on the tankiest and brawliest mech in the game.

Play this build and you won't get the entirety of your team's salt levels when everyone else is dead and you're still sitting in the back lobbing LRMs at 95% health.

Isn't the point of LRM's on the Atlas, Kingcrab, highlander, Highlander IIC, the Timberwolf, The Cyclops, The Stalker.
Etc... not to sit back and lob non stop but to fire indirectly WHILE you are moving into combat? So that you stop using your LRM's and for atlas or cyclops start opening fire iwth medium lasers, SRM's, and AC 20's...
Or for your Stalker or Timberwolf, you start to lean more on large lasers, then stop firing LRM's and start firing SRM's and medium lasers.
Or in The Summoner/ Thunderbolt Engage at range if enemy is at distance however depending on what is best for you/ worst for them move into range/ fight at closer range if it's at your advantage.

Not just the typical Raven, Catapult, Trebuchet, or Awesome tactic of sitting way back and lobbing and firing continuously?

I'll rather go for an LRM 20 on my Atlas and throw in a few SRM 6's, AC 20, and some medium lasers for my LRM atlas (which I used to run but sadly I got two... my 2nd has 3 SSRM 2's, an LRM 15, an AC 20, and 4 med lasers and BAP).

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

LRM on an Atlas - well those with just one Missile Slot maybe the As7-K good example.
1 ALRM20 to soften up the enemy while closing shouldn't have more than 2tons at best for this weapon - because its underwhelming at close range stay at distance - 3 Large Laser and AC10.

In all other cases no no no
The Atlas exist to die.
When you finish the battle surviving but other are dead - shame on you.

Its the best Tank ingame and finally it got tanky quirks - its even thoughter then in Closed Beta with much higher general ttk

#9 Steinkrieg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNOLA

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:00 AM

View PostZarock, on 22 April 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostZarock, on 22 April 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

INDEED. Leave the Lerms home when you go super stompy.

#10 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:58 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 22 April 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Isn't the point of LRM's on the Atlas, Kingcrab, highlander, Highlander IIC, the Timberwolf, The Cyclops, The Stalker.
Etc... not to sit back and lob non stop but to fire indirectly WHILE you are moving into combat? So that you stop using your LRM's and for atlas or cyclops start opening fire iwth medium lasers, SRM's, and AC 20's...
Or for your Stalker or Timberwolf, you start to lean more on large lasers, then stop firing LRM's and start firing SRM's and medium lasers.
Or in The Summoner/ Thunderbolt Engage at range if enemy is at distance however depending on what is best for you/ worst for them move into range/ fight at closer range if it's at your advantage.

Not just the typical Raven, Catapult, Trebuchet, or Awesome tactic of sitting way back and lobbing and firing continuously?

I'll rather go for an LRM 20 on my Atlas and throw in a few SRM 6's, AC 20, and some medium lasers for my LRM atlas (which I used to run but sadly I got two... my 2nd has 3 SSRM 2's, an LRM 15, an AC 20, and 4 med lasers and BAP).

That isn't what people complain about though. Idiots always run with too many lrms. I use, at most, one lrm 10 on my Battlemaster so I can do something while repositioning and suppress whoever I'm shooting at.

#11 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

What is this LRM you speak of?

#12 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 22 April 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Etc... not to sit back and lob non stop but to fire indirectly WHILE you are moving into combat? So that you stop using your LRM's and for atlas or cyclops start opening fire iwth medium lasers, SRM's, and AC 20's..

Well you know you can use LRMs as direct fire weapons right? And they're better as direct fire because of longer locks and shorter time-to-lock. So if you're putting down direct fire damage with your AC10/MLs, then you can also do the same with the LRM10s. And also because you have just two 10s, a player who's running that should feel that they're encouraged to get into direct fire engagements and put those lasers and the AC to work.

Still, not that I would really recommend playing the Atlas that way, but as I said if you have the urge to do it and no one can stop you, it can work and it's probably the best way to use LRMs on an Atlas.

#13 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostAroru, on 19 April 2016 - 05:39 AM, said:

For all of those that insist playing LRM Atlas build, here is the best build for it.

Modules:
Radar Deprivation
Advanced Seismic Sensor
SRM 4 Range
SRM 4 Cooldown
AC10 Cooldown
Cool Shot
Artillery Strike

Looks like a mech designed for other people to damage farm at range, nobody is staying low to avoid your single lrm 10 while hammering you with real alpha's.

#14 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:07 PM

If you are equipping LRMs on your Atlas just know that you are immediately a disappointment to your entire team or anyone that drops with you as soon as you hit "Save" in the mechlab.

#15 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

If you positively, absolutely, dead set on running an Atlas with LRMs please consider a build along the following lines:

AS7-S "Brawler-eLReM"

P.S. LRMs are not your main weapon, they are there in place of insults, that you would typically hurl at the enemy team on maps like: Alpine Peaks, Caustic Valley, Polar Highlands, etc.

also you can drop one of Double Heat Sinks for AMS + 1/2 ton of ammo, if you wish.

#16 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostAroru, on 19 April 2016 - 05:39 AM, said:

Please.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d95a52703a7b46d
#getonmylevel

everyone knows LRM atlas needs ECM to stay ninja, and XL engine to go fast.

/sarcasm

#17 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

I don't run LRM atlai, I think it's a terrible idea. However, on the one or two days of the year I get bored of face smashing brawling, I generally run this build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...353cedd14ed4ebd

This build gives a suppression effect to the lrm's, which you can chain fire for non-stop firing. This allows you to approach with your AC/20 and medium lasers, which hit for a total of 42 damage. Not super impressive in the current meta, but with the lrm's hopefully causing either A) the enemy to turn their backs and flee, or B.) the enemy to lose a significant amount of armor face timing you, and lose the ability to target you do to their screen shaking so much, you should be able to close to your target.

It isn't great, because it's not what the atlas is made for, but it's fun, and it gives a different edge to traditional atlas piloting. I feel if you are going to put LRM's on an atlas, they should be used as a suppression weapon to allow you to close to your target.

Edited by Kimberm1911, 22 April 2016 - 03:36 PM.

#18 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 22 April 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

Well you know you can use LRMs as direct fire weapons right? And they're better as direct fire because of longer locks and shorter time-to-lock. So if you're putting down direct fire damage with your AC10/MLs, then you can also do the same with the LRM10s. And also because you have just two 10s, a player who's running that should feel that they're encouraged to get into direct fire engagements and put those lasers and the AC to work.

Still, not that I would really recommend playing the Atlas that way, but as I said if you have the urge to do it and no one can stop you, it can work and it's probably the best way to use LRMs on an Atlas.

I am aware, but that is not the main advantage of having LRM's on something like an atlas. (as for the stereotypical juggernaut build). The main advantage is the indirect fire as it is the only weapon you can indirect fire with. In a slow lumbering assault like the Atlas, King Crab , Direwolf, etc. You are often making your slow way to the battlefield however can not engage in the action or support your friendlies. An LRM 20 allows you to fire volleys at the enemy indirectly or at long range where normally you would be 'useless' until you get there. This really shines through on maps like canyon network where quite often you will be down behind cover you can't get out of (the 'canyon') however with LRM's you can still do a beating while down there.

Your build does have 'interesting' merits to it. It's like the Atlas-S2 fro memory, 3 small lasers, Gauss riffle, 2 PPC's, and an LRM 20. Unlike the other Atlases this one actually wants to stay at distance. To be quite honest with you I already made an atlas like this (2 medium lasers instead of PPC's) and would be a bit better in role of sitting back and snipping while using direct fire LRM's (even though my stock+ love makes me use the least efficient build as that LRM 20 could've been 4 LRM 5's)

Your build seems sort of 'weak' for an atlas however...despite the fact I got one more grinded up into that role already. There's the fact I got highlanders, zeus's, etc that do a better job in sheer volume of firepower. Odd as the Atlas is infamous for it's sheer load of firepower.

I narrowed it down to your use of a large STD engine, Artemis, and a BAP (typically odd for an assault mech but I won't complain).I often do not put artemis unless I really need it on LRM 5's and 10's for their lock on capabiltiies as for the accuracy an LRM 10 isn't getting that much better for that 1 slot/ 1 ton.

I made some minor edits to the design allowing the medium lasers to be replaced with a large laser by riding the artemis, removing a heatsink, and a minour engine tone-down.
With the current heatsinks it can fire up to 16+ seconds non stop of large lassers, AC 10, and LRM 10's. which is rather splendid especially considering the 13.24 dmg/s it has going on for those 16 seconds (16 x 13.24 = 211.84 damage pontential before over heating. note: AMS will take a chunk of that damage out , only a little bit. and that It will be impressive if someone stuck that long in front of an atlas.)
It still retains two of It's Medium alsers for when it's LRM's are to close to the enemy. I think this is a rather all right AS7-RS however if you are one of those people who can't handle more then 2-3 weapon groups removing the medium lasers for some AC 10 and LRM might work. Or a slight engine upgrade.

But hey- apparently I'm one of the only people who ever put LRM's on a direwolf, kingcrab, or atlas and the entire team doesn't hate me. Most of the time no one makes a single comment.

View PostDirty Starfish, on 22 April 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

That isn't what people complain about though. Idiots always run with too many lrms. I use, at most, one lrm 10 on my Battlemaster so I can do something while repositioning and suppress whoever I'm shooting at.

Fair fair. I personally have no LRM battlemasters besides my LRM boat which is currently undergoing some modifications.
I typically try to get something bigger then a single LRM 10 (typically an LRM 15 works for me) BUT I understand in the battlemaster it isn't really helping out in this instance. May I ask what is your build fully? I am rather interested.

However about the people complaining i wasn't really engaged in this topic. I was stating what it should dbe like primarally and that there should not be any problems.

#19 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:29 PM

There is only one correct answer to the question of "What is the best LRM Atlas?"
Answer: [smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=241&l=00960b89d377d25680704b93351dffd2cb6608da[/smurfy]

#20 Aroru

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:04 AM

View PostAleski, on 22 April 2016 - 01:19 AM, said:

Ok so now explain me why is it better to take one single LRM 10 over an other SRM launcher ?

I really want to try to understand it. Ho and i like your introduction "Here is the best build for it". It seems that you trust in yourself ! Well, well, well...

It is not better to take LRM launcher over SRM launcher!

As most of the replys seem to miss the point I will elaborate.
I have not played that build my self as I don't but LRMs in Atlas because it is a bad idea.
I was just frustrated with LRM Atlas players ending in my team and staying back and fireing LRMs with that 100ton TANK so I tryed to invent a LRM Atlas build that was good as possible and can still be called a LRM Atlas for those that insist playing one.
As singe LRM 5 is useless, I put a LRM 10 in it as it is just mostly useless and can be used to fire LRMs while closeing to the brawl range.

Edit: If I play Atlas is something like this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f1b269f0c970694

Edited by Aroru, 25 April 2016 - 04:27 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users