Hud: New Feature?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Steppa

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:46 AM

(Newcomer to the forums here, so I apologize ahead of time if this is something that's been beaten to death)

Goal: Update the HUD / target reticle to include the grid square of the terrain/object your crosshair is aimed at.

We know that the game looks to see what you're aiming at, does some calculations, and updates your weapon effective ranges in near-realtime. This is shown by the weapon being bold or greyed-out. The way I understand it (as a relative newb to the game), if you have a large laser with an effective range of 450 and then aim at something further, the number showing that effective range in your weapons group window will grey out.

So, knowing that the game does this, why not have it run a check at the terrain/object you're aiming at and put that grid reference somewhere around the middle...where you're looking?

My thinking is that this would greatly aid in calling out contacts. Currently, I have to look at where I am, look at where I'm facing, and flip to the map-grid to give an accurate contact report.

...unless I'm completely missing a feature that's already in the game or am currently doing it the hard way Posted Image

Edited by Steppa, 19 April 2016 - 05:47 AM.

#2 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

There have been a few posts about this since the beginning of the MWO forums. None have seemed to gained much attention. But this feature is by far one of the most needed things in the game. PGI has gone and added other references that I find fairly useless yet this one seems to evade their "common sense alert systems." WHY PGI WHY?

#3 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

Ya, this would be a really cool addition.

#4 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 17 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

This is kinda a good idea... I thought PGI didn't do this because they want to retain some kind of simulator aspect in the game or maybe I'm entirely wrong :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users