#1 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSummer, Skye Federation

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

My Brothers in Arms,

It is with great honor and pride that, after an 8 year hiatus, the Skye Rangers (www.skye-rangers.net) have returned to help defend the Lyran Commonwealth in its time of need. We had a great time in MW4: Mercs, (and had about 50 pilots at the time) and now look forward to sharing the field of battle with all you fine Mechwarriors!

We have a new website and are in the process of training and supplying our 'Mech regiments to fend off all enemies of House Steiner.

If you are looking for a new Skye Front Line regiment to sign on with, I am looking to restaff our ranks on our new website. I am in the process of (re-)posting the rest of our history, planets, archives, etc. etc. but the website is taking shape and is all automated for our warriors.

Hope to see you all on the next drop!

.../salute!

Edited by Arturus, 07 December 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#2 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

Fellow Lyrans,

For Mechwarriors looking for for an accurate source of Lyran background information (much of it sourced/cited fom the original BT RPG source books from the late 80s and the Mechwarrior games), over the past couple of days I have updated our new website ( www.skye-rangers.com) with all sorts of detailed reference materials including:

- War Colleges
- Skye Front Regiments
- Planets of the Skye Federation
- Mech Bay (graphics and brief descriptions)
- Mech-related military Equipment
- Inner Sphere, Lyran and Federation of Skye History
- Great Houses & Clans
- Early mechs ("Mackie") and Ares Conventions
- Ranks
- Medals
- Patents of Nobility
- Order of Battle (unit designations)

If anyone has any questions, please let me know...Enjoy!

.../Salute

#3 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

The [ Skye Rangers ] Forums and Chat pages are now fully operational and awaiting new recruit posting! You will need to be a registered Mechwarrior on our site to post, however.

We had 5 recruits and old members sign on our Roster since launch of the new website last Friday. But we are looking for more Lyrans to sign up!

.../salute

Edited by Arturus, 12 December 2011 - 08:53 PM.

#4 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

The Skye Rangers...official Lyran trolls.

Edited by Grayson Pryde, 16 December 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#5 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:00 PM

say again? thx for the bump LOL

#6 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:15 PM

View PostGrayson Pryde, on 16 December 2011 - 10:12 PM, said:

The Skye Rangers...official Lyran trolls.

We're merely expressing our concerns about the direction the Commonwealth is taking. That's all. ^_^

#7 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:47 AM

You tell 'em, Lina! .../Salute! ^_^

#8 Grayson Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany Erfurt

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

View PostLina Thoren, on 17 December 2011 - 04:15 PM, said:

We're merely expressing our concerns about the direction the Commonwealth is taking. That's all. ;)

So thats the reason why you attacked the GDL on Glengarry? Just to express your concern? Trollolloll!!!!

#9 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hmm. Summing up the (I'd hitherto believed) complex relationship between the Rangers and the rest of the LCAF as "Trollolloll!!!!"? I'd thought it was based more on kicking Kuritan arse, personally. Still, yours is an...interesting perspective, I must say. Have you considered guest-lecturing at the Nagelring?

Although, I have to ask:

View PostGrayson Pryde, on 22 December 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

So thats the reason why you attacked the GDL on Glengarry? Just to express your concern?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you...feeling well? Last I heard, not only had we neither attacked the Gray Death Legion nor had any reason to do so, as of December 3048 they were based on Sudeten, not Glengarry...

(( ;) ))

#10 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

GDL is a merc unit...sometimes we're friends sometimes we're not...all good, brother...it's "all business"...LOL

.../Salute

#11 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Captain Alistair Steiner, signing in. Lina and I will move to your command and go where we need to, provided Lina hasn't already. And in response to other people here, it's a simple case of "Skye First."

#12 Lina Thoren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostAlistair Steiner, on 04 January 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

Captain Alistair Steiner, signing in. Lina and I will move to your command and go where we need to, provided Lina hasn't already.

Sort of. I'd signed on to write a few Skye-related posts, with further activity pending your and the other players from our campaign deciding what you wanted to do, logic being that it made sense for the Skye-themed units to coordinate their efforts. Although your signing on does make things a bit easier. :D

Now, if the rest of my lance could just decide. :D Granted, given that one is dead by 3049 (though she has a kid graduating that same year), one may go merc instead, and one is actually a Davion, it might take a little time to sort everything out.

Edited by Lina Thoren, 04 January 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#13 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:10 AM

Heya, Lina...Davion? Davion? lol...all good :D

#14 Prince Ian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

The Skye Rangers are now up to company strength!(Totally not enough! ;)...hint hint. )

#15 Dillpickl55

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMinnesnowta

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:22 AM

hello im new to this whole online mechwarrior 3 thing and im confused about this whole training, and the other clans and such. being an old school mechwarrior player ive only played the campaigns for 1, 2, and 3. help on this would be nice... thanks.

#16 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

To get situated on some Lyran/Skye Federation & Inner Sphere history, please visit: http://www.skye-rangers.net/history

The Skye Federation is part of House Steiner but e have a strong separatist/independence movement so we are somewhat autonomous... ^_^

Hope that helps, but if not msg me...

.../Salute

#17 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Basically, Skye, are a bunch of little separatists who threw a hissy fit and were then promptly roflstomped.

#18 Arturus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 503 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Now, why do you want to go being like that? Play nice or we gonna stomp your a$$...

#19 Archon Adam Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 344 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

Poked around your website; several queries.

1. What exactly are your goals for MWO? RP endeavours? "Top end" competitive PvP? Both? Can you provide details of how you intend to achieve your goals in these areas?

2. I see a great deal of RP/flair material around your website, which is excellent - BattleTech has an incredibly rich heritage, and it's fantastic that you embrace it. Traditionally, though, most heavy-RP units/guild that I have intereacted with in online communities are not particularly competitive players - they eschew trying to be the best players in favour of building a holistic community. Personally, I say (and know) that one can be both elite in personal and group combat and a strong supporter of back-story as well, but I'd like to know where you guys honestly stand on this issue. Everyone wants to claim "we're totally hardcore", but reality doesn't always fit with aspirations.

3. What sort of activity requirements do you ask for, both pre-release, and post-release?

I'd offer a bit about myself, but I mostly wanted to get some details on yourselves. For my part, I've been playing BattleTech and MechWarrior since MW:2, I've personally helped to run a 700+ player (at its peak) league for MW:3, Mech Commander, and MW:4, and have always been both a hyper-competitive player but also one who appreciates strong role-play foundations.

I appreciate any insight that you can provide.

Best regards,

- A.

#20 Prince Ian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

G'day Arrachtas!

Thanks for the questions, I'll do my best to answer them...Bear in mind that I'm rather blunt, so don't take my shortness for rudeness! :lol:

1. What exactly are your goals for MWO? RP endeavours? "Top end" competitive PvP? Both? Can you provide details of how you intend to achieve your goals in these areas?

Our goal is to be competitive (Especially when we get some more members! :)) yet also have a hand (or more!) in role-play. As for specific details, I'm afraid I'd have to fend that off to General Arturus.

2. I see a great deal of RP/flair material around your website, which is excellent - BattleTech has an incredibly rich heritage, and it's fantastic that you embrace it. Traditionally, though, most heavy-RP units/guild that I have intereacted with in online communities are not particularly competitive players - they eschew trying to be the best players in favour of building a holistic community. Personally, I say (and know) that one can be both elite in personal and group combat and a strong supporter of back-story as well, but I'd like to know where you guys honestly stand on this issue. Everyone wants to claim "we're totally hardcore", but reality doesn't always fit with aspirations.

For your second question, we have combat units as well as a "Mobile Field Base" for less game-active members who like to roleplay/write stories. However, we don't 'force' you to be one or the other---I hope that answers your question? Basically we'd like to be top-level players but also contribute to the role-playing field.

3. What sort of activity requirements do you ask for, both pre-release, and post-release?

For your last question, I'm afraid that post-release is going to be a "wait and see" before we decide anything..As far as I know, anyway!
At the moment we don't 'really' have any activity requirements. We DO have a training day every Wednesday at 23:00 GMT +0 on MWLL, but that's entirely optional. And of course, there is the probationary period when you first join.

Hope that answers your questions..If not, I hope I or another of us can clarify! :(

Cheers,

Edited by SR Guillotine, 05 February 2012 - 01:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users