9 replies to this topic

#1 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

Hey guys,

So we primarily have a lot of Davion unit's that fall in the EU/NA timezones and over on Oceanic things look pretty thin.

I am looking to seeing what our guys want to do regarding CW & I hope that we will stick with Davion as loyalists, however as a single small unit there is not much we can do by ourselves in that regards, especially considering how many doritos we have to eat on each planet to get the bacon..

So what I would like to see is if we can get some estimates on number from NA divisions with Oceanic wings & if we can start organising better to get these players online at the same time so during oceanic TZ we can roll over or start whatever conquest/defend is happening. Alternatively we need the smaller oceanic units to start coordinating better so that we can at least get 1/2 nights a week where we have a solid 12 man group going..

Hit me up with a PM and/or discuss below. Please don't post up est numbers in the forum though.. ..not to give away any details to our enemies :P

Cheers

WB

#2 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

ARMD is back in Davion for the foreseeable future.

You'll find me on Dav TS when I am playing and will encourage the others to do so as well.

And yes we will need to coordinate if we want to achieve anything. I just hope their is someone to fight less we find ourselves forced back to the FRR just to get games. The occasional ghost drop is fine but not all the time.

#3 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:05 PM

View Postslide, on 19 April 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

And yes we will need to coordinate if we want to achieve anything. I just hope their is someone to fight less we find ourselves forced back to the FRR just to get games. The occasional ghost drop is fine but not all the time.

Agreed. Hopefully there will be some degree of alignment between the decisions made by AFFS on attack lanes and where player population is. Winning is great, but it's more about getting there than anything else :)

#4 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:56 PM

Good games last night Bear

#5 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:57 PM

They were good fun, at least we had some good coordination going.. ..glad we were on Liao front and not clan front though.. ...4 splatcrow meta, jesus...

Hopefully get a bunch of guys on tonight if were lucky - great to have ARMD in the fold but also notice a whole bunch of other players that have left Davion as well, not amazing for Oceanic TZ.. :/

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Funny you should mention. Was going to bring this up in the meeting Sunday but here works.

We need a resource planning population setup.

The unit list we've got needs expanded to give populations by timeframe. There's Davions on, just from various units and most are in pug queue not FW because they can't find peeps.

If we get a better grip on population times we can organize to get them into TS at the same time. I have 3 guys on in Euro CF but they struggle finding open teams so they pug. I know we're not the only ones.

It's a little effort but I think worth it. I'll put a RP schedule together on Sunday and we'll see if we can get people to post up populations for euro/oceanic by approximate play hours.

Then we just pick some times and a single TS location and bundle up.

That sounds good? Appreciate you guys shouldering up to carry the house through the dry times, we'll try to coordinate better to sync with you.

#7 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, I was thinking that we have the pop, but very scattered.. ..it would be good to at least try this out on Wednesdays for WnW and also on Sunday's.

Maybe if we put the call out enough we can encourage more of our unit players to be active as well.. ..just a shame that PGI have set the TZ so that it does not leave much time for aussie players to cap worlds..

Only thing we cannot control too is the population of the opposing side, of course TCAF are usually pretty quick to respond even in Oceanic, then there are the clan fronts.. ..anything to get the games in!

#8 slide

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:58 PM

I think you have hit the nail on the head WB. The TZ issue is one of the biggest problems we face with the "why bother" syndrome FW faces in general.

TZ is one of those issues that effects different countries in Different ways, but from an Aussie perspective we are literally screwed. Only New Zealand really has favorable timing. For East Coast Australia the TZ starts before most people finish work at 4pm. This is actually a good time to play because a few of the NA night owls kick on and sometimes give a good start along with the Kiwi's for whom is is about 630. For normal Aussies though most are finishing up the work day and starting the commute home. By the time normal people have dinner, get kids ready for bed etc it is around 830-930 before they can even log in. This leave less than 2 hours to capture at least 7 sectors (+counter attack). It's just not possible, at least on weekdays and weekends are hit and miss.

It's even worse for Western Australia and our Asian friends (Who are supposedly part of the Oceanic TZ) as the Oceanic TZ is basically finishing as they get home from the work day. Asia/WA basically plays in the Eurozone most of the time. This leave an extremely small player base from Au/NZ to do the same amount of work as the EU/NA TZ.

I am not sure what the solution is. Obviously shifting the cease fires by a few hours would upset to many other time zones. Maybe we just need to give up Oceanic TZ and have 2, 12 hourly ceasefires. Add an hour to NA and Maybe 3 hours early to Euro so that we are rolled into the euro TZ.

Short of 2000 extra players I don't see many other options.

#9 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:04 AM

View Postslide, on 25 April 2016 - 09:58 PM, said:

I am not sure what the solution is. Obviously shifting the cease fires by a few hours would upset to many other time zones. Maybe we just need to give up Oceanic TZ and have 2, 12 hourly ceasefires. Add an hour to NA and Maybe 3 hours early to Euro so that we are rolled into the euro TZ.

There is a big gap between WA and Europe, not to forgo players in between, but I reckon PGI simply need to extend the oceanic TZ by 2-3hrs to take into account the sheer spread and low population of the region.. ..I mean, at 11pm AEST there aint any Europeans ready to kick off, even by 1pm it's still quiet, there ya go, three hours later...

Edited by White Bear 84, 28 April 2016 - 02:05 AM.

#10 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

Any oceanic pilots and/or units that are looking for a larger organization to plug into and help support you in this timeframe for active Faction play, please contact me.. (aylward@hhod.com).. HeadHunters of Davion, [HHoD] has pilots in all 3 zones, but could definitely use more in oceanic and euro timeframes.. You'll find us atop the Davion loyalist board and our tags up and down the Davion border. Take advantage of our array of team resources and plug into a large, vibrant, active team that leads the way on the Davion front everyday. Help us Help you.. Meantime, feel free to stop by Davion's TS (ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345) and get some drops in. If you see someone with HHoD tags, introduce yourself and inquire if an officer is about. We'll be glad to have you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users