Does anyone have any tips/builds for this mech, i have 25 games in it

#2 Silas7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 130 posts
  • Location'Mechbay

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:45 PM

Have patience, wait for them to come to you if you can then open up with srms' and AC 20. Torso twist after you volley srms.

Good luck 0>

#3 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:01 PM

Like any brawler, you cannot go in alone. Wait for the opportunity, for your team to shove. Even a Centurion cannot lead the charge, stay close to your assaults and heavies and use your ac20+SRM alpha strike to assassinate enemy mechs

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:02 PM

AC-20 + SRMs is the only good build. Use all the missile slots and use a 250+ XL engine as soon as possible.

Anything else can be done better by a Hunchback or other Centurions.

#5 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

On your way in to attack, twist right and shield with your left arm as you approach. Use freelook to see where you're going. As you break off to escape, swing left instead... basically, any time you're not actively firing, you want to have that left arm between you and the bad guys, because it will keep you alive. Your shield arm can tank an assault's alpha strike. It's that good. Skillful left arm shielding is the key to every good Centurion game, regardless of variant... but holds especially true for the AH, which almost requires XL to perform. Do not ever strip the armor off that left arm. Some people will do that for the extra tonnage. Those people are wrong. If you aren't going to use the shield arm, then you'd be better off in another chassis because that arm is the Centurion's largest advantage over other 'Mechs.

Here is a good build.
Here is another.

Don't fall into the trap of trying to DPS with your SRMs. Fire them when you fire your AC20, then twist and shield. Wait for your AC20 to recycle before you uncover to attack rather than when your SRMs recycle. Only DPS when you're sure of a kill or the enemy is not shooting back. Facetime with the enemy is bad. Punch, shield, punch, shield, repeat until bad guy falls over.

#6 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 21 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

The AH is useless to me since I'm one of those nutters that has to have every weapon hardpoint on his 'mech filled and very few things have the tonnage or slots to do something useful with three ballistics slots in one arm. That being said, if you're not a weirdo like me, then the already mentioned AC/20+SRM combo is really nasty up close. Just stick with your team as best you can and get in close when you see an opportunity to make a kill and then get out a dodge. Me? I prefer to play my CN9s of the AL variety and play it as a dual PPC sniper. I haven't played it much since PPCs got kinda gimped though so I may have to revisit it and replace the PPCs with LPLs. I'll need to give it a try before I decide what to do with it.

#7 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostMole, on 21 April 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

The AH is useless to me since I'm one of those nutters that has to have every weapon hardpoint on his 'mech filled and very few things have the tonnage or slots to do something useful with three ballistics slots in one arm. That being said, if you're not a weirdo like me, then the already mentioned AC/20+SRM combo is really nasty up close. Just stick with your team as best you can and get in close when you see an opportunity to make a kill and then get out a dodge. Me? I prefer to play my CN9s of the AL variety and play it as a dual PPC sniper. I haven't played it much since PPCs got kinda gimped though so I may have to revisit it and replace the PPCs with LPLs. I'll need to give it a try before I decide what to do with it.

A while back I did AC2 spam+LRM 5 machine gun. So bad I know but it's a long range annoyance machine.

#8 DemonicDonut

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

AC-10 if you want a little extra range maybe. Build depends on how you want to play it. You could go dual AC/5 but won't have room for missiles. Wolverine would do it better.

I don't use it much, as I don't have any other Cents, but with similar mechs, I try to do gorilla warfare. Face time is bad on any mech, especially mediums. You can make good trades, but not many of them. You only have ~60 CT armor and ~45 on the sides. A couple of alphas from most lights will expose your internals, a solid one into exposed ST is death. Poke, run between buildings and flank while staying fairly close to your team.

#9 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 19 April 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

AC-20 + SRMs is the only good build. Use all the missile slots and use a 250+ XL engine as soon as possible.

I use a XL245 personally.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...9c4ef54c68a5865

#10 Dirty Starfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

I've actually been doing worse in this since I elited it. I guess the extra speed is making me get myself into trouble?

Either way, build is 3xSRM4, 1xAC20. It can wreck some serious face.

#11 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:44 PM

View PostDirty Starfish, on 21 April 2016 - 04:40 PM, said:

I've actually been doing worse in this since I elited it. I guess the extra speed is making me get myself into trouble?

Either way, build is 3xSRM4, 1xAC20. It can wreck some serious face.

Just don't YOLO into the enemy team by yourself.

Find a group of assaults or heavy mechs and follow them, when they start engaging enemies at 300-400m charge the enemies and torso twist, alpha, torso twist, alpha. It hits really hard and doesn't take a whole lot to kill other mechs.

#12 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

I go all out on my centurion. Basically suicide mission, do-as-much-damage-before-you-die build. So fun. Don't be afraid to rush when the time is right.

CN9-AH

Edited by MadHornet, 29 April 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#13 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 19 April 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

True. The Centurion AH is one of the more challenging mediums. If it were literally 5 to 10 tons heavier, with the same hardpoints, it could probably carry a standard engine and be a horrifying brawler. As is, it is somewhat of a glass cannon because of the XL engine - hit them hard and don't be the obvious target.

#14 Darkhorse13Golf

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 85 posts
  • LocationNew Pensacola, Les Halles

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

I've kept the STD engine and put in a UAC/5 with 120 shots and 3 SRM-4's with 400 missiles and like it. I understand the UAC/5 can jam but I've found the rapid fire can somewhat make up for the loss of the sheer firepower the AC/20 brings and the extra 300+ meters range adds versatility while the 3 sets of SRM-4's add punch and don't seem to spread as quite as bad as SRM-6's do. That's my 2 cents worth on a 'Mech I started to hate but ended up really liking a lot with a bit of tinkering.

#15 TimeBomb572

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:14 PM

My AH is set up with the AC20 and SRM4's, and an XL255.

I think the best thing you can do as a newer player like me is to latch onto an assault or a heavy that isn't a long range build. Communicate and figure out with your team what the current target is, and provide support for that heavy or assault. You both will live longer and do more damage. Centurions are my favorite because they're the only mech that I own three variants of, so I'm a little biased on that. The best way to get into trouble with the AC20/SRM builds is trying to close a large gap on a mech bigger or fresher than you. They probably have more range, and you're not fast enough to close that gap and do your brawling before they pull the armor off your torso and blast off your shield arm.

I think I'm going to be trying some STD engines in mine. I notice that I get ST'd a LOT in the AH. Most of that is the reason mentioned above lol.

The Centurion is just plain BUILT for working in tandem with a bigger mech. When ever I band up with another medium/short range Heavy or Assault and make it my sole purpose in life to keep their mech mobile, I love my Centurion. Whenever I try and flank with some lights or take on targets alone, I often hate it. YMMV.

-Travis

#16 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:31 PM

cent used to be a really xl-friendly mech before the dynamic hardpoint "fix",i think the best bet nowadays is to use STD-engine and only 3 ASRM6 racks and shield with the right side. STD260 maybe?

CN9-AH

#17 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:16 PM

Thing is brutal, I think I do SRM4x2,SRM2x1 (for more ammo) and AC20 with an...XL 275?

#18 Marbackian

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...555f1e30b689e3c

This is my favorite. Get in close, shield with that left arm and alpha to your heart's content.

#19 PigsinBlankets

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 12:46 PM

My favourite medium bar the blackjacks, the CN9-AH is an assault support mech. Find a Fattie and be his/her best friend. Adding an AC 20 and SRM 8/12 shots into the fatty's target will bring it down very quickly, even faster if they turn to engage you and expose themselves to your fatty's alpha. Play patiently and carefully use your speed to flank your target, and run off any lights that think your fatty is fair game. Don't try and tank you don't have the durability for it. Hit hard and fade away, always make sure someone else has the enemies attention. If you get it you'll die quick.

#20 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:19 PM

View PostAsrael999, on 03 July 2016 - 12:46 PM, said:

My favourite medium bar the blackjacks, the CN9-AH is an assault support mech. Find a Fattie and be his/her best friend. Adding an AC 20 and SRM 8/12 shots into the fatty's target will bring it down very quickly, even faster if they turn to engage you and expose themselves to your fatty's alpha. Play patiently and carefully use your speed to flank your target, and run off any lights that think your fatty is fair game. Don't try and tank you don't have the durability for it. Hit hard and fade away, always make sure someone else has the enemies attention. If you get it you'll die quick.

To add to this, find a friendly fattie and be their best friend, or find an enemy one and be their doom, ideally from behind them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users