Hot-Fix Scheduled For 04-21-2016

101 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:38 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,
We will be rolling out a hot-fix tomorrow, Thursday April 21st, tentatively scheduled for 3:00 PM PDT [10PM UTC], with the following changes:
Quick Play
• Fixed an issue where the Quick Play End of Round Scoreboard would not display which 'Mechs were used by the Enemy. • Fixed a crash that occur when leaving a match. River City: G5 - Fixed an issue where a 'Mech could get stuck between two buildings.
Faction Play
Long-Tom Artillery Strike: Damage has been reduced. Long-Tom Artillery Strike: Warning smoke is now larger.
Social Tab: Fixed an issue where accessing the Social Tab would prompt a Loading screen.
DropDecks: Fixed an issue where slots would revert to Trial 'Mechs after any Mission.Mercenary Contracts: Fixed an issue where the Duration Remaining on a Contract would contain "undefined" text when less than 24 hours is remaining. Mercenary Contracts: Population and Contract Bonuses will now update every hour.Units: Fixed an issue with the error message when trying to select a Career without possessing sufficient Unit Rank Privileges. Leaderboards: Fixed an issue where Intel Captured was being calculated incorrectly.
Scouting Game Mode • Capturing 1 Data Point will now award you with 1000 C-Bills and 50 XP. • The amount of Intel you collected is now displayed in the End of Round Player Stats screen. • The primary result number in the End of Round Team Stats summary will now reflect the amount of Intel Gathered, not Kills. • Victory Conditions for your Team will now appear momentarily when the match begins.
River City: Fixed an issue where the Defenders would not spawn in the correct arrangement. River City: F7 - Fixed an issue where legs from an Intel Beacon were clipping through the bridge.
Website
Fixed an issue where Phoenix Pack owners with banked Loyalty Points were unable to assign those Loyalty Points to any Factions through their Profile page.
We will update this post as necessary if any further changes to the content or its tentatively scheduled time arise.
The maximum estimated downtime required for this hot-fix will be approximately 30 minutes.
When services are restored you will be required to apply a small patch.

#2 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:46 PM

(Standard queue)

Actually, After playing tonight, I'm surprised. It was pure match up heaven. There were no fodder, only skilled players. Which means you did something to the matchmaker maybe? or perhaps its a coincidence? Matchmaker changes can be made without a patch? hmm hmm

Well all I can say for certain is that I was thoroughly satisfied tonight. I had fun..........

Cant speak for CW, but the standard queue is alive and fun.

Edited by Gigliowanananacom, 20 April 2016 - 11:33 PM.

#3 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

What's beautiful is all that counts pal, thats all that counts

#4 Akula0815

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:59 PM

Long Tom damage reduced only?

So we will still be able to lure it in between the enemy team? Excellent! *fg* :-)

Cya on the Battlefield

aku out

oh and by the way....where did the preset dropdecks got lost?

Edited by Akula0815, 20 April 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#5 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:07 PM

Seems like most of the faction play fixes (well most of all the fixes really) could have been picked up if someone actually tested the patches with some sort of QA team.

#6 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:13 PM

Fixing the issue with Drop decks reverting to trials does not fix the underlying issue of they should be separate drop decks full stop.

Still need a last time logged in for players in the units tab so units can manage membership properly.

Like the extra rewards for Intel but still need more description on the mechanics of winning and capped points.

#7 Night Fury76

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

View Postsycocys, on 20 April 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

Seems like most of the faction play fixes (well most of all the fixes really) could have been picked up if someone actually tested the patches with some sort of QA team.

Lol, silly man that's what we are, see the beta ta... oh wait that ship has sailed

#8 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

Specific stat changes?

Or will those be released at the appropriate time?

#9 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

The sad thing here is, I kinda think PGI thought we were more mobile and observant when we play when they designed the Long Tom's stats. So I can't help but think this is partially our fault.

#10 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

Thank you PGI for fixing the loading screen issue!!

Can I clarify that for the River City fixes, this means you will no longer spawn *right next to the enemy team* (like 2/3 grids away) in scouting mode?

Also a +ve to get some rewards for capturing the intel points. I think retrospectively this would have meant that in 16 games last night, earnings could have been increased by ~ 64,000 (assuming roughly 4 intel points per match) for 16 matches. With premium and tournament bonus that is I believe a total of 89,600 for the night.. ..not a huge amount, but cumulatively... Posted Image

#11 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:35 PM

Oh and drop deck tonnages, was that an oversight to be left out of patch notes or another PGI special feature that comes with every major patch?

#12 Want0n

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:11 PM

These are all great fixes, thanks!

#13 The14th

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:12 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 20 April 2016 - 07:35 PM, said:

Oh and drop deck tonnages, was that an oversight to be left out of patch notes or another PGI special feature that comes with every major patch?

What about them?

#14 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:52 PM

What about CGB can't attack IS planets? Another day without nornal CW for us?

#15 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 20 April 2016 - 09:57 PM

Long Tom....man...haven't had the experience of it yet if faction warfare.

Kind of bummed out that you can't mount it on a mech like in MechWarrior4 Mercs.

PGI has come a long way... i guess.

Like many others, I thought this game would build on past successful Mechwarrior Games.
Would like to see more weapons that are CAPABLE OF BEING ATTACHED ON MECHS.
When will the Inner Sphere for example get a Streak 6 or X-Pulse Medium Laser?
Heavy Rockets, Inferno Missiles, Thunderbolt Missiles, etc... are awesome weapons that could be added.
How many Battle of Tukys must we do to move forward in time and get new types of weapons?

Customization of Giant Robots made MECHWARRIOR GAME SERIES totally awesome. Microsoft developed the MECHWARRIOR-4 Series and I understand that they have the man power and money to crank out those awesome games and also the weapons load out available was plentiful.

Cyclops mech is out for pre-order...on the fence buying it or passing.
However, I can almost bet if this game had more weapons available like MW4 Mercs, then more people would play this game, which would result in more money being generated to support MWO.

Also, if you allow players waiting in Faction Warfare Lobby to go to the STORE TAB and MECHLAB Tab it would be totally be awesome and I am sure people will spend MC on cockpit items,paint, and other MC items while waiting for a drop.

#16 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

View PostThe14th, on 20 April 2016 - 09:12 PM, said:

What about them?

Why the change to tonnages and no notice?

Add to that, with balance so close why there a need for IS to out ton Clans?

#17 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:08 PM

April road map Russ said they could have released Phase 3 in the march patch.... gee...methinks they SHOULD have...then we'd be a month past fixing all the bugs/flaws we all found in the first 12 hours of actually playing it. And we wouldn't have lost another 20% in steam players.

Edited by Dee Eight, 20 April 2016 - 10:08 PM.

#18 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:34 PM

Maybe the QA team though the FW crowd are elite players who can adapt to the new threat.

I spend 4 hours on scout mode last night to get long tom for my faction, I expect it to do more than just chip off paint.
When it drop, it damn well be a death sentence on light and medium who have the speed to avoid, and seriously strip armour off slow heavy and assault.

#19 Nometh

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

View PostCranky Puppy, on 20 April 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

However, I can almost bet if this game had more weapons available like MW4 Mercs, then more people would play this game, which would result in more money being generated to support MWO.

No.

More weapons means more balancing needed, which means more resources need to be allocated for balancing. And frankly, PGI's record of balancing isn't that great so far, so I doubt more weapons would be a true benefit for the game.

Besides, there are already weapons in the game that are next to obsolete. When was the last time you used Streak 2s or SRM2s or MGs outside of a Pirate's Bane or Ember? Oh and don't get me started on LRMs. With the current game mechanic they are next to useless.

Lastly, did you really ever think about a game "Oh this game does not turn me on at all, but if it had more weapons, I'd be totally into it"?

#20 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:38 PM

View PostNometh, on 20 April 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

Lastly, did you really ever think about a game "Oh this game does not turn me on at all, but if it had more weapons, I'd be totally into it"?

Firepower really turns me on, ain't nothing like a woman holding a Widow Maker.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users