Why Do Clans Get 90% Scouting Wins On Every Planet ?

89 replies to this topic

#81 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:13 AM

View Postgloowa, on 21 April 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Yes. You are totally right. Him saying that lights only worked in fiction, and were pretty much useless in TT proves that i was wrong to say lights were inferior to anything heavier in TT. Good argument sir.

You need to learn english. He said: "so one of our major goals is to make Light 'Mechs really useful." A major goal was to make them really useful in TT.

#82 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:15 AM

"Uhh, the Griffin is really good, guys."

#83 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

the problem is:
you can not defend or attack a planet against long tom.
to win you need to be bulked up and 700 dammage hitting your troops every 2 minutes WILL make you lose.
if you scatter you also lose....
invasion mode can only be won if you hold enough scouting percentage to denie the hostiles the support, at least the long tom.
kurita , eu tz , has not enough organised troops to hold the scouting around 50% AND have 2+ 12 mans to conquer a planet in time for ceasefire.
defending 1 planet and attacking 1 planet at once, requires 72 premade pilots + pug support to even have a chance for success.
if we are lucky we have that at us tz, but eu tz? no chance

scout mode is WAY too influential now to leave it even slightly unbalanced.
any problems with scoutmode will destroyt the whole faction play.

Edited by MahKraah, 21 April 2016 - 11:41 AM.

#84 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:48 PM

Don't know what you're talking about.

Our teams have been winning alot on scouting matches.

You need a good solid 4-man team to really wreck things. It can be done.

#85 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:11 AM

View Postmaniacos, on 21 April 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

You need to learn english. He said: "so one of our major goals is to make Light 'Mechs really useful." A major goal was to make them really useful in TT.

ROFL. You just didn't read that did you? He is NOT talking about goals for TT. He's talking about a PC game he is making right now.

And you gonna tell me to learn to read? Get lost.

#86 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:02 AM

The flaw is that "light-killer" is a very straightforward option for Clanners.

Streakcrows. They have a decent match against even some mediums, so 2 SCR-D's are a powerful PUG smasher.

And it only takes a few good Clan lances like that to clean house.

#87 Stargazzer811

• PipPipPip
  • The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAn experimental SLDF McKenna class Battleship, waiting for Clan Nova Cat to return to the Inner Sphere in 3160

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:37 PM

Well Clan's aren't winning all the matches. Standander V right now, Rasalhauge is winning the scouting. But yes, a lot of people who scout for Clan's (myself included) use the Stormcrow. It's the best medium mech the Clan's have by far due to it weighing 55 tons and therefore being able to take lots of weapons. It also has better Omni setups then the Nova or other mechs in the Medium class. I think only the Missile Hunchback IIC is probably on par simply because it can mount Streaks, or if your nuts, LRMs for indirect support while hunting enemy scouts.

Really with scouting, since it's 4v4, it comes down to pilot skill and knowledge of the Quick play maps, as those are used for scouting missions. If your team is good, you'll win, if not, you'll lose. What mech you run only counts for 1/3 of what it takes to win. Now are a lot of Clan mechs using Streaks? Yes because they can hit pesky IS lights. The same way the IS players use Centy's with AC/20s, because they can totally wreck a Stormcrow's face in 1-2 shots. Same goes for the LRM Quickdraws for those who are crazy enough to use them.

I say, just brush up on your skills a little, play a quick match or two, then get some friends together and run a group scout mission. Stick together if your on Defense, fan out if your on offense, and no matter the side your on, grab the data points. Once you lock them in, they stay locked, so it's a good way to prevent the enemy from getting them, as well as nabbing a thousand extra c-bills for each point you personally take.

#88 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:01 AM

View PostCathy, on 21 April 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

Storm Crow fastest 55 toner in the game and at top weight limit laser build srm build or most likely in pug play unit or not streak boat.

Have you ever looked at the max engine on the IS 55 tonners?

All the IS 55 tonners are capable of being at least 9.5 KPH faster than the SCR which means the SCR is potentially the slowest 55 tonner if, you put in maxh engine.

My XL Griffin 2N takes an XL330 engine (as opposed to the STD300 I use for every other Griffin) and therefore is the same speed as the SCR, but also has Jumpjets and ECM.

#89 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

My XL Griffin 2N takes an XL330 engine

Think about it once more.

#90 ODIN1502

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:56 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 21 April 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ok, time to get serious since a lot of people don't seem to get the point.

The problem is NOT that the Skillcrow is OP or that there are no ways to counter it because the Skillcrow isn't OP and there ARE lots of counters.

The problem is even the worst Clan players can jump in a Crow and win a scouting match more often than not when your typical IS noob will have a hard time facing them.
So in the long run Clans win more matches and get the counter up to 90% real quick.

Right now there's 4:30 hours left in the attack phase and the 4 Planets the clanners attack are at 72,92,56,51 % (Bears and Jags a bit slow today? Whats up guys ?)

As soon as they reach 90% u can't play 12v12 anymore. In all my 12v12 matches since phase 3 release (about 40 or so) I had 1, I reapeat 1, match where on of the consumables was on IS side.

1. Splatcrow (4SRm6,3 SPL) is much more dangerous against IS XL Mechs cause of higher Pinpoint.
2. Last days and weeks during the event we used mostly Novas (6SPL,6ERsml). Its very effective versud IS Mechs like the Griffin. Now the Nova was nerfed (after rescale ;-) )
3. We used 4 SpaltFoxes!!! KitFoxes!!! And won many (or all Games). Cause of unorganized IS Players. What now Kitfox nerf?
4. Ice Ferret is also a very good mech for Scouting.

Focus fire to the Doomcrows legs and finish ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users