Are There Any Kuritan Units With A Uniform Paint Scheme?

51 replies to this topic

#1 AnTi90d

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:56 PM

I'm a solo loyalist for the great dragon. In this game's time, I'll always fight for Kurita.. except for when I did my mechbay tour that you can't even do now.. but that's over with.

I've been wondering about the selection of Kuritan loyalist units.

Are there any Kuritan units with a uniform paint scheme?

..like..

The Genyosha, all grey with a possible black stripe:

Posted Image

http://camospecs.com...14/1st-genyosha

http://camospecs.com...18/2nd-genyosha

or the Otomo, black and gold:

Posted Image

http://camospecs.com...etails/27/otomo

..or one of the Ghost Regiments, who were all white with small differences for each.. like the 7th one had blue flames on their white mechs:

Posted Image

http://camospecs.com...-ghost-regiment

..or, at least the classic Sword of Light, bright red scheme:

Posted Image

http://camospecs.com...-sword-of-light

I mean, I already have three MC shades of red, so that's the one I sport, for now.

It would be super impressive to see a real MWO ghost legion.. especially if they all used hotrod blue flames on white mechs..

#2 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:01 PM

We in the Night Stalkers (aka Night's Scorn thanks to PGI) paint ourselves in black with red highlights after the 2nd Night Stalkers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by dervishx5, 21 April 2016 - 11:02 PM.

#3 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

6RNT has a unified paint of orange light gray and black trims.

#4 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:43 PM

Technically though, Night's Scorn uses the wrong paint scheme. It should be sky blue with grey.

But shh, don't tell nobody.

#5 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:49 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 22 April 2016 - 11:43 PM, said:

Technically though, Night's Scorn uses the wrong paint scheme. It should be sky blue with grey.

But shh, don't tell nobody.

Give me $1mil, a Thunder Hawk, and a side of fries, and I won't.

#6 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

So, not a single Kuritan unit uses the most iconic and patriotic of paint schemes? The lack of a SOL or at least an Otomo themed unit saddens me.

I don't want to be in a unit that just paints everything black like 80% of Quickplay patrons.. nor do I want to be in a unit that looks like an Easter-egg basket of every-color-under-the-rainbow because no one cares.

I guess it still is cool that we have NS and NT themed units.. but those uniforms just aren't my style.

Between this god damned update locking me out of CW unless I magically manage to find a unit in a dying game and my fellow loyalists' lack of patriotism.. I'm losing faith in the dragon.

#7 Taragi Kurita

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

First Genyosha - Legacy of Yorinaga.
We painted all our Mechs ashgrey with some black/red highlights

#8 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

OK, cool.. we have a Genyosha. I feel a bit better, now.

(I still think Kurita should have at least one SOL and one Otomo themed unit.)

#9 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:35 AM

It's not about the camo I wear...

Posted Image

#10 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

9th Sword seems to go with a Kurita red primary color, and then let what happens, happens in the second and tertiary color channels. Usual secondary color is some flavor of black.

#11 Exard3k

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,010 posts
  • LocationEast Frisia in Germany

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:24 AM

36th Dieron has white/gold/white or white/gold/red while the gold is typically khaki or anything similar depending on what colors the player has available. You can see it in action in our Promovideo (link in signature).

#12 avenger cannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

Blood red crab with black dragon and fish on it.

#13 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:25 PM

A unit can have a theme'd color scheme but no units can claim canon unit status. Their 'Mech paint scheme is usually flat red, with the Kurita crest on the left shoulder.

2nd SoL - All Sword of Light regiments used a flat red paint scheme in the field and on parade. The Second Sword used a steel colored Kurita crest to denote their regiment, painted on each BattleMech's left shoulder. The symbol of the regimental division, a blazing sword, appeared on every 'Mech's back and on the front of the right leg.

In addition to the House Kurita crest and regimental symbol, the Second Battalion of the Second Sword of Light wore the flag of Kentares IV on its 'Mechs. Ever since the Second Battalion's participation in the long-ago Kentares Massacre, its MechWarriors had painted the flag of Kentares IV on the back upper-right torso of their BattleMechs as a reminder of their predecessors' willingness to sacrifice their own honor in service to House Kurita and the Draconis Combine

5th SoL - In 3025, the 'Mech forces used a Black & Gold color scheme

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 29 April 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#14 Suldanessala

• PipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:16 PM

View PostExard3k, on 26 April 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

36th Dieron has white/gold/white or white/gold/red while the gold is typically khaki or anything similar depending on what colors the player has available. You can see it in action in our Promovideo (link in signature).

These are the parade colours for the 36th. For combat we prefer Camo Dark Green, Camo Light Grey and Camo Dark Tan.

#15 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 02:42 AM

And the ghost of NKVA trashtalk rose up to say -

"All Kuritans should wear the same uniform. Half-zipped body bag. Save everyone time."

Forum Warfare with NKVA had faster drops, more investment from the players, better decks, more challenge and more consistent entertainment than anything PGI has supported before or since.

I miss that.

Posted Image

#16 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

We'd drop on your border, or join Marik and attack you. But as soon as Davion sees NS show up, Davion disappears. Funny thing really.

#17 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 09:25 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 08 May 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

We'd drop on your border, or join Marik and attack you. But as soon as Davion sees NS show up, Davion disappears. Funny thing really.

Are you kidding?

I loved dropping against NS. We used to do it nightly when we were on at the same time. You don't learn new tricks and strats or test what you have trying to force Mariks out of their drop zone (that's the thing now. Counter-attack, camping the drop zone. Yeah, I know.)

We just don't have the people left over. We've spent some time developing some faction wide strategy and tactic stuff that's finally paying off to keep us from losing 2 worlds a day to population disparity on Euro/Oceanic and managed to net-gain the last couple days against the Purple and Green hordes. There's just nobody left. I would have more fun playing against Kurita - you guys have some great players and great teams and those matches would help us get better. I think you'd be surprised as well; this isn't the same Davion from FW 1. Not even close. We field a lot of good 12mans - their biggest problem, and I don't think any would disagree, is that they're pinned fighting the same people again and again and again. Sure, Liao and Marik both have some good players in them - TCAF has a couple really good teams in it and there's some great mercs in both right now. However we've been fighting the same effing fights on the same worlds against the same people for a long time and nobody here would complain about new faces, learning new things and going a new direction.

If Liao and Marik suddenly went at each other and ignored Davion, we'd probably go Kurita. Only front we have that leads us somewhere fun or interesting and would push our game up a couple notches. All those guys in 4x LRM decks and terrible strats have been converted or burned out over the last 18 months. The universal response I hear on TS in mixed groups when we get rolled is 'hurry and and queue again, I want another shot at those guys'.

We want to fight you guys. You're mostly NA with a few Euro and Oceanic teams, just like us. Kurita leads to the Clan border, Marik and Liao lead nowhere. We have pretty comparable populations - we have more pugs but nobody is going to say that's an advantage. We simply can't afford a 3rd front right now. We can't really afford a 2nd.

We'e got our coordination down enough that we've pulled a net positive the last 2 days even with all the lemmings from the event. I give massive, massive props to the Davion units for this - was done on pure coordination and great performance in spite of dedicated pugs ceaselessly throwing easy wins and kills at our enemies. With Steiner demolishing Marik and the event ending soon maybe Liao will get bored and Marik will focus Steiner. Unlikely though. Liao has nobody else and Marik never stays focused on anyone else for long.

Sucks. You come up with a solution you let us know.

Edited by MischiefSC, 08 May 2016 - 09:28 PM.

#18 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

Yeah I didn't read most of that. Condense your thoughts.

I just want to point out that if Davion is so short on players then why all the activity on the non-red borders, hmm?

#19 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:01 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 09 May 2016 - 05:32 AM, said:

Yeah I didn't read most of that. Condense your thoughts.

I just want to point out that if Davion is so short on players then why all the activity on the non-red borders, hmm?

Because if you have 100 people and 140 are attacking on 2 fronts, you have a lot of activity putting your 100 against 140. If another 60 people attack on a 3rd front though, what you gonna do? Lose on all 3 so you can put 33 people on each front?

Nope. Front 3 is a loss and you keep leveraging amazing coordination and stunning personal grooming habits to roll that 140 to a halt or trade every day and realize that while Liao will ghost drop a planet 2 cycles a day every day rain or shine Kurita might ghost one and then **********.

#20 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:10 PM

Point being, if NS decided to join Marik or Liao, I'd expect the Davions to suddenly stop showing up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users