70 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:22 PM

I get we are up against some stiff competition with FRR right now, but really? What really is sad is the lack of participants in the queues...70 to 12? Really guys All but Jade Falcon are fielding very little and its pathetic really. We got a CW phase with many features we wanted and everyone is just still in pug queues or what? I do not think MS or FRR is really beating us, they just are fielding the numbers and we are not. We are fielding hardly any numbers it is not that they are dropping that many in general either. Russ said he split up queues and everything to help pugs and still no one goes into the game modes because why now?

Or does everyone just see -MS- is dropping for FRR and they just rather not drop at all? Its not like that are THAT good ( no offense, but everyone wins and loses games its life). Or dropping on the only planet your faction can attack (Ghost Bears)...

Seriously Fellow Clan Warriors, where is our Touman's!

Posted Image

Very Frustrated with Clans and Units who should be in CW queues and not just letting the mercs do what they want.

EDIT: Spelling errors

Edited by CK16, 22 April 2016 - 04:31 PM.

#2 Nikki Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

It'll be an uphill battle against FRR, what with their strong base and large numbers. Clan numbers overall aren't all that great (and very even, surprisingly). In time mercenaries will start swinging around to the Clans that aren't doing that well. Personally and lore-wise, I'd rather mercenaries not be able to join Clans, but considering the population numbers it may be necessary.

#3 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostCK16, on 22 April 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

Or does everyone just see -MS- is dropping for FRR and they just rather not drop at all?

Didn't you know? The big organized comp Units avoid dropping against each other.

#4 Titinus

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:59 PM

well this Is more true to form, IS relied on sheer weight of numbers to hold off Clans while the clans had superior tech,

#5 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

Except the Clans don't have superior tech. It was nerfed in favor of 'balance', remember?

#6 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

View PostTitinus, on 22 April 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

well this Is more true to form, IS relied on sheer weight of numbers to hold off Clans while the clans had superior tech,

Losing ot Ghost drops is a bit different, it is not like we are facing 30 v 12 in a single game? (Though would be a good case for buffing clans :P)

#7 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:08 PM

Most of the player base prefers QP or group. This content won't change that. Especially since they split the queue with a new 4v4 mode.

#8 Steve Ward

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOxford

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostKael 17, on 22 April 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

Except the Clans don't have superior tech. It was nerfed in favor of 'balance', remember?

that's absolutly right.... Posted Image

#9 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 22 April 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

Most of the player base prefers QP or group. This content won't change that. Especially since they split the queue with a new 4v4 mode.

They were hoping 4v4 Scouting and the "CW Solo Queue" would draw them in, but as explained here, it doesn't seem to have worked.

#10 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:14 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 22 April 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

[/center]
Didn't you know? The big organized comp Units avoid dropping against each other.

LOL they're far less afraid of each other than the solo pugs are, they simply don't always co-ordinate. Even so a 350-man unit only makes up about 3-5% of the CW population according to PGI. It's not "our" fault.

IMO it's due to having 4 queues. The solo artists screamed, cried, begged and demanded a solo queue while the big units simply explained that it would make for even slower match-ups. Now many solo's created 1-man units just so they could get matches.

The problem specific solo & unit queues is the IS has an edge in Invasion while the clan has an edge in Scout. Not enough people want to fight on uneven ground...

Edited by Hydrocarbon, 22 April 2016 - 05:16 PM.

#11 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

Russ gave the pugs what they wanted and they still dont play though?

#12 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostCK16, on 22 April 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Most people don't like the mode. It was never more popular than QP. Not sure how he gave pugs what they wanted though. Not sure how the pugs got what they wanted, they were split themselves. All he did was dump most pugs into the unit queue and the dregs into a basically aborted queue no one really plays.

#13 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 22 April 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

LOL they're far less afraid of each other than the solo pugs are, they simply don't always co-ordinate.

It's not fear, it's capitalism. They simply earn more cbills/XPs/CW rewards per hour going up against small Units and PUGs. Because of "market forces" it's in their self-interest to do it.

View PostHydrocarbon, on 22 April 2016 - 05:14 PM, said:

IMO it's due to having 4 queues.

According to Russ, they're going to merge the CW queues by next week unless something major changes. Here is the "behind the scenes" scoop.

View PostCK16, on 22 April 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

Only a tiny but vocal minority of PUGs asked for it. Most don't give a rat's *** about CW/FP. If it disappeared tomorrow they wouldn't even notice.

Edited by Triordinant, 22 April 2016 - 05:32 PM.

#14 Nikki Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 22 April 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

It's not fear, it's capitalism. They simply earn more cbills/XPs/CW rewards per hour going up against small Units and PUGs. Because of "market forces" it's in their self-interest to do it.

While you have a valid point, I don't quite see how XP and C-Bills would really be major motivating factors for very experienced crews. I mean, sure, I could use some more C-Bills myself, but that's hardly ever a primary motive for me choosing one mode over the other. Fun, self-fulfillment and self-development should be more interesting to most and certainly the best of the best.

Things would be different if we'd actually lose 'Mechs permanently in fights. Now all you can lose is the match... well, I guess for some that is enough motivation to avoid the fight. However, if a unit does that, one wonders how it can retain members interested in being the very best.

Regardless, CW has the potential to force the best to fight each other over planets. At least, that would be ideal, but I guess we'll see.

#15 DashFire61

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPasadena, California

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:12 PM

They need to just outright get rid of the QP play que and move the game modes into CW, CW should be the only place to play in MWO, and then put solaris arena into private matches, adding things to private matches like FFA and respawns. Make the only way to make money and get new mechs CW. It's a simple solution, you cant spilt the groups into casual and hardcore when the entire games population is less than some minecraft servers.

#16 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostLt James Steiner, on 22 April 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

They need to just outright get rid of the QP play que and move the game modes into CW, CW should be the only place to play in MWO, and then put solaris arena into private matches, adding things to private matches like FFA and respawns. Make the only way to make money and get new mechs CW. It's a simple solution, you cant spilt the groups into casual and hardcore when the entire games population is less than some minecraft servers.

LOL if you do that the vast majority of the casuals (which make up 90% of all the players) will just find another game to play and MWO will be history. But hey, PGI should try it -after all it's the only way to be sure...

Edited by Triordinant, 22 April 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#17 Manthor

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 06:42 PM

personally, I don't mind either mode.

However, I don't have all day to play and waitng (sometimes) over 10 minutes to get into a match, well, I just quit out an go to Quick play.

#18 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:22 PM

Clan population is terrible. Almost all mercs playing on Clan side are now lollygaging in FRR, thus the disparity. In time PGI will have to do something to spice up the deal for Clanners... I hate to admit it but IS Mechs can be more fun, quirks add diversity while Clans are stuck with two or three loadouts because everything else is too hot or too underpowered.

#19 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,623 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:26 PM

Or make a mass exodus, and join up with the 228. . . then make everyone's day miserable.

#20 Shogun459

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:55 PM

that's what happens when you Nerf the FRAK out of one side.
Nobody wants to get their butts kicked up and down battlefield 24/7.
What's the point in that?
PS I've been playing since closed beta.

Edited by Shogun459, 22 April 2016 - 08:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users