Disappointed In Clans...

70 replies to this topic

#21 Shogun459

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostLt James Steiner, on 22 April 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

They need to just outright get rid of the QP play que and move the game modes into CW, CW should be the only place to play in MWO, and then put solaris arena into private matches, adding things to private matches like FFA and respawns. Make the only way to make money and get new mechs CW. It's a simple solution, you cant spilt the groups into casual and hardcore when the entire games population is less than some minecraft servers.

Do that and the game dies. Another short sighted hatchet and axe approach.
Like nerfing the Frak out of the Clanners did in the first place. Many of them never came back, entire clans left.

Edited by Shogun459, 22 April 2016 - 09:01 PM.

#22 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:02 PM

What I do not get here is why all the mercs are with FRR. It can not be that fun to have long queues and there got to be rather long times between matches when a faction fields twice as many pilots than their opposition in the queues.

#23 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 22 April 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

What I do not get here is why all the mercs are with FRR.

They don't want to fight each other. They can't fight each other if they're all in the same Faction.

#24 Commander Darius

Rookie

• The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:26 AM

What I do not get here is why all the mercs are with FRR.

The current balance of the game is in favor of the IS. They chose FRR because it is directly bordered by the most clan factions as well as being able to fight Kurita and Steiner. As past CW maps have shown FRR is where most of the fights end up taking place.

#25 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:22 AM

And still they outnumber other factions on planets often 2 to 1. So there have to be waiting times, right?

#26 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 22 April 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

They don't want to fight each other. They can't fight each other if they're all in the same Faction.

But the queue was split so the pugs dont get stomped and the hardcore units get real enemies... hahahahahaha!
Sure helps if they are all sitting in the same boat. Yep ... But yeah, they are sitting in FRR because it has the most Attack-Lanes.

View PostDuvanor, on 23 April 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

And still they outnumber other factions on planets often 2 to 1. So there have to be waiting times, right?

Not only do they Outnumber Players on a Planet. The Mega Merc Units outnumber entire Factions! just go through the Leaderboard Stats and see for yourself. Mega Units should not be able to exist!
Make Units Size Cap at lets say 4x12 Players. so 4 Dropships.
Then next make only a limitied number of Merc Contracts per Faction available in relation to the current active playerbase for that house. It will force a more dynamic balance.
With just a Unit Size Cap, multiple Subdivisions of a master Unit will be created, if they cannot all get their Merc Contracts together into one House, they cant steamroll.

#27 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:42 AM

You all speak of attack lanes, but those are mostly irrelevant with the voting system. We do not get one planet per neighboring faction to attack. All we get is one single planet per attack phase.

#28 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:12 AM

What I do not get here is why all the mercs are with FRR

I don't know. My unit has +50% cbill bonus to our contract.

A lot of units must have bad contracts and have no cbill bonus. That was supposed to be the balancer to entice mercs to spread more and take the more lucrative contracts.

#29 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:28 AM

Yeah. As a Wolf Loyalist I made something like 12 Million in 3 days and I was not as active as I could be. C-Bills are a real issue in this game.

#30 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 22 April 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

[/center]Didn't you know? The big organized comp Units avoid dropping against each other.

Disagree. 228 looks to face units that will give us a good fight. If we win, great! If we don't, we get better.

Can't speak for other units, but gen rushes and turtle tactics are boring and pointless.

We *did* gen rush MS a few times just to see how they liked it, but thats the exception, not the rule.

If we got pugs or skittles in the past, i would try to be encouraging, tell them to do their best, learn, and get something out of the match (cbills if nothing else) because we couldn't stop the matchmaking-seal clubbing. We were excited by the prospects of two queues to avoid this, but we need more players in both queues to make it viable and sustainable.

View PostHawk819, on 22 April 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Or make a mass exodus, and join up with the 228. . . then make everyone's day miserable.

Lol, why bring us specifically into this?

#31 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:37 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 23 April 2016 - 04:42 AM, said:

You all speak of attack lanes, but those are mostly irrelevant with the voting system. We do not get one planet per neighboring faction to attack. All we get is one single planet per attack phase.

Unless you defend and get your name on a planet.

Also, i think things may normalize next week when everyone's contract expires, clan decks are back to 250 and some will want to try scouting from "the other side"

Chill people its the first week and they crammed a lot of moving parts into this and now they need to shake them out. Not apologizing for them but if it really steams you, take a break and come back after tuesday...

#32 avenger cannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:52 AM

Posted Image
The best FRR teams are me and my guys with some Mariks droppin' in just to stomp clanners.

#33 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:36 AM

Umm, all people can get was one week contracts of loyalty deals if I understood correctly. So after patch, all active units took some contract fast to check the new mode and thats the situation we are in now. I highly doubt there was much of politics behind that first selection.

Wait for them to end and people choose new ones and the balance of power moves again.

#34 Quaamik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

I've been dropping in CW Solo on Scout missions when I can't link up with anyone in my group. So far (since the patch Tuesday) the longest wait I had was 4 minutes, and the average is around 2.

I think its a lot of people trying the scouting matches, plus sour grapes about the Long Tom plus a lot of people playing alt accounts with IS mechs.

#35 Arctcwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:47 AM

comes down to larger more organized IS merc companies right now. i make a ton of cbills playing for ghost bear, but hardly ever win in invasion due to poor planning and coordination.

larger more experienced units require voip and other high end investment to become a part of their group. expectations are set high, and the ones who slip get kicked in favor of those more willing to spend in and out of game.

till the week resets, the clans will continue to get blasted. maybe some of the merc companies will switch sides...who knows.

#36 Toxicresidue

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • Locationcorpus christi texas

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:32 AM

sure I want to waste 30 min. getting beat by a bunch of over-quirked mechs yep that's lots of fun, not to mention the magic fire that comes out of no where.

#37 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:37 AM

View PostTriordinant, on 22 April 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

[/center]
Didn't you know? The big organized comp Units avoid dropping against each other.

Why are you even in this thread? Same old rhetoric.

Anyway OP, combination of:
Fragile mechs with long burn weapons vs tough mechs with PPFLD
Much more expensive up front mech purchases
Psychological effect of seeing low numbers-most players won't join the underdog.

I personally think the clans need putting together as one overall faction-keep each clan intact but have them all fighting on same team as it were.

#38 avenger cannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:43 AM

I feel like Arctic Cheetahs are better than Storm Crows.

#39 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:26 AM

Well, I often have to wait 15-20 minutes for invasion match.
Then I get lousy LPs because they were nerfed into oblivion. Poor premium account bonus (10%?!), no loyalist bonus.
Most IS Mechs are overquirked (WTF Grasshopper, Black Knight? Mobility AND energy quirks when neither needs them?).
Given current numbers I will mostly be grouped with random pugs and face 12mans.

I really wonder why there are not that many clanners playing CW. I really do, just can't grasp the reason why...

#40 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 April 2016 - 05:59 AM

Hey, BKs were garbage when they came out so i appreciate the quirks making them viable...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users