Disappointed In Clans...

70 replies to this topic

#41 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 April 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

Hey, BKs were garbage when they came out so i appreciate the quirks making them viable...

Worse Mechs got smaller quirks to become viable. Strong structure and several energy quirks? At least some of the quirks should go, at least the range ones.

Don't take me wrong, BK might be the only reason why I will return to IS because it has both viability and style but I don't think the Mech needed as much as it recieved.

#42 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:43 AM

It needed mobility b/c it is *only* viable for side poking, not hill humping, unless with its single head lazor...

I am a merc so i play both sides and get comparable scores both ways so from my experience, i would say that is bks and ghr are op, then so are tbrs, ebjs, and hbrs

#43 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 April 2016 - 05:59 AM, said:

Hey, BKs were garbage when they came out so i appreciate the quirks making them viable...

Humor me and define "viable". As specific as possible.

#44 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 10:33 PM

Want to know how to defeat a faction with a larger percentage?

Hit it with multiple lower percentages. 14% < 26% (9% + 8% + 9% )

#45 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

View PostArctcwolf, on 24 April 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

larger more experienced units require voip and other high end investment to become a part of their group. expectations are set high, and the ones who slip get kicked in favor of those more willing to spend in and out of game.

Wait... you consider Teamspeak to be a "high end investment"? I think we've found the problem...

#46 Kyria Clearwater

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:12 AM

Most units I know, don't have High End Investment Criteria, only that you turn up, work as a team, and generally build your mechs in a smart manner. None of the units I know force players to buy MC only mechs.etc. Unless you consider High End Investment a few hours of gameplay in a structured group?

#47 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostAnders Clearwater, on 25 April 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Most units I know, don't have High End Investment Criteria, only that you turn up, work as a team, and generally build your mechs in a smart manner. None of the units I know force players to buy MC only mechs.etc. Unless you consider High End Investment a few hours of gameplay in a structured group?

I can be a teamplayer, not so sure about the turning up though. And please specify what you mean with "in a smart manner".

Edited by Red Shrike, 28 April 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#48 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:51 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 28 April 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

And please specify what you mean with "in a smart manner".

Follow orders and don't Leroy Jenkins.

#49 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:26 AM

View Postdemoyn, on 28 April 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

Follow orders and don't Leroy Jenkins.

How does that apply to building mechs? You said "build your mechs in a smart manner." and I ask what you mean by "a smart manner".

#50 Feral Goose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 07:46 AM

Would be nice to see invasion drops get queued like the scouting missions seem to be. Sat in a 4-man with the counter counting up to 15 mins, before it started counting down from 10 minutes. That tells me that only one drop group can actually be in queue to drop, while the others are in a "holding pattern". That would definitely combat against groups fielding 4-8 12-man teams to win planets by ghost drops.

Honestly, it would be nice to see that a planet could only be taken up to 55%-60% by ghost drops alone. If the opponent doesn't field any teams, or only trickles them in, the winning faction is still winning the planet.

Edited by Feral Goose, 29 April 2016 - 07:51 AM.

#51 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostRed Shrike, on 29 April 2016 - 03:26 AM, said:

How does that apply to building mechs? You said "build your mechs in a smart manner." and I ask what you mean by "a smart manner".

*I* didn't say anything of the sort. Generally speaking, though, saying "building mechs in a smart manner" means "follow the friggin meta and don't try to be a special snowflake".

#52 Red Shrike

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

View Postdemoyn, on 29 April 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

*I* didn't say anything of the sort. Generally speaking, though, saying "building mechs in a smart manner" means "follow the friggin meta and don't try to be a special snowflake".

Oh, sorry. Must've misread that. Posted Image

#53 Tactically-Insane

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:30 AM

From what I've seen there not enough unity between the clans. I've seen way too much infighting between clan factions in this game. The only way (in my opinion) clans are going to start being successful in community warfare is to put our differences aside and start coordinating our efforts. Many clan groups have broken off other clan groups due to all the infighting. I would be highly interested in opening lines of communication between different clan groups, maybe even starting joint training exercises, what is everybody's opinion with this possible solution?

Edited by Tactically-Insane, 03 May 2016 - 07:30 AM.

#54 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:01 AM

View PostTactically-Insane, on 03 May 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

From what I've seen there not enough unity between the clans. I've seen way too much infighting between clan factions in this game. The only way (in my opinion) clans are going to start being successful in community warfare is to put our differences aside and start coordinating our efforts. Many clan groups have broken off other clan groups due to all the infighting. I would be highly interested in opening lines of communication between different clan groups, maybe even starting joint training exercises, what is everybody's opinion with this possible solution?

Lol every voting cycle my boys and I keep voting to attack you Bears but it's never enough :( One day, one day ;)

#55 The Great Bear

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

i decided to give this mode a try as is its just a pug grinder for IS premades no real point for me to play i did the event i got evenything but wins its not that i am not winning its that vs nonstop premades i cant

#56 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

The hell are you talking about?

MercStar's been eating up territory since this phase began, and we're Clan.

#57 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:23 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 03 May 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

The hell are you talking about?

MercStar's been eating up territory since this phase began, and we're Clan.

"clan"

#58 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:50 PM

I agree that clan mechs are under powered. I mean, a Locust can out run and out gun most Clan Light mechs and some Clan Medium mechs, and the things are dirt cheap as well. For the cash is costs to afford the the cheapest Clan mech, The Mist Lynx D, I can buy a Locust 1E, an XL 190 engine, two medium lasers, and still have a fair amount of cash left over for me to use, especially if I sell of the engine and small lasers pulled from the stock Locust.

#59 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:55 PM

This is the inherent problem of having 10 different factions instead of 2 factions like we should have

the distribution of skilled players across factions is totally uneven.

Edited by Khobai, 03 May 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#60 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

What exactly is the problem?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users