What Mechs Am I Allowed To Use In The Inner Sphere Factions?

2 replies to this topic

#1 MobMessenjah

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

So, I haven't really followed the Battletech universe all that much, other than playing all of the MW games up to date. But I really don't pay much mind to the politics etc. I started playing as part of the Wolf Clan, for faction play at the moment because I played as Wolf back in MW2. However, I'm finding out that some of the mechs I would like to use are unavailable to me in Faction play, which is a bit of a let down.

I was wondering, if I join Marik, if I am allowed to use mechs like Nova and Marauder for example?

I thought about playing as a Mercenary, but I don't really want to be able to play in a unit with people I can talk too over the mic. Being in a separate unit of my own and stuck talking to myself doesn't seem like that much fun.

#2 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:40 PM

You would only be allowed to use IS mechs you could us the Marauder but not the Nova

#3 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

Clan pilot = Clan mechs; IS pilot = IS mechs.

We are still in the very beginning of the Clan Invasion (~3051): no Clan uses IS mechs and no IS unit managed to salvage a lot of Clan mechs.

Even in the 3060s, Clans still fielded only Clan mechs in the frontlines and IS was barely grasping how to effectively repair/maintain Clan tech.

What people saw in MW4 is not true: there is no significant use of Clan mechs by IS for a long time. Not even by the mercenary units.

PS: no mater your faction, you can still use any mech in the public game type. But in Faction Warfare (AKA Community Warfare), Clans use only Clan mechs and IS houses use only IS mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users