Gause Heavy Black Widow

4 replies to this topic

#1 Amethyst Blade

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:18 AM

After running the Warhammer 6R and BW with the 2 Gause, 4 Med Laser build and watching my brawling stats roughly double I figured I would build a clan version. But it looks like PGI has very carefully nerfed all the Clan 'Mechs trying to avoid the jump snipe days returning.

I can not find a Clan Heavy 'Mech that can mount 2 Gause and 4 Med Lasers, plus 6 tons of ammo. The Timber Wolf is close, but you would have to remove armor, most of it. Even moving into clan assault 'Mechs, only the Dire Wolf can do it. I can't express how frustrating it is that Clan 'Mechs are carefully pigeon holed into laser vomit roles and that's it. If they added reflective armor, the clans would have to pack up and go home.

Did I miss a clan Heavy that can do this build?

Mark Charke

#2 Kaalan

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

I love my Warhammers and the direct equivalent I use is the Orion II C, and i basically run the same spec on that as I do on my Warhammers, just cant wait to get them to mastery level like the Hammers.

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:54 AM

Well wait for the Night Gyr - or Kodiak

#4 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:36 AM

Its got nothing to do with PGI, but with the Battletech source material the game is based on. The rules for omnimechs are clear that the basic structure and builds of the core mech cannot be altered in any way, and the original game designers focused on Armor & Endurance & Mobility for clan omni-mechs over all, thus limiting the available pod tonnage leftover for weapons. You want to monkey around with custom builds like I.S. mechs, you need to use clan Battlemechs... not Omni-Mechs. Thus far that restricted players to the IIC models, and the Kodiak's arriving in 3 weeks. So as already mentioned, the Orion IIC-C does have the tonnage available but its ballistic mounts are only in the right torso so you'd have to remove the XL engine to run dual gauss (at 6 crit spaces each). The Kodiak KDK-3's are going to offer the ability to do that weapon build along with a Mk6 targeting computer along with more mobility than a Direwolf.

Edited by Dee Eight, 26 April 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#5 ChaoticUrlond

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 108 posts
  • LocationMythical Land of Potatoes

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:17 AM

I mean I was able to build this in smurfy but its no Warhammer with the armor tonnage they have. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6d03a6e81a8197f

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users