#1 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

I am not a mod, so I cannot move his crap over here.. but hopefully I'll be able to move the conversation. G SE7EN7 is some Kurita guy with terrible reading comprehension, that decided to post some apparent grievances in one of my sticky'd topics.

It had nothing to do with the sticky'd topic (which was about welcoming new players to the FRR). If I HAD to guess why he posted them there.. it is either because he suffers from severe mental deficiencies which leaves him incapable of determining the proper location to air grievances, or because he assumes all random FRR drops are somehow the entire FRR's responsibility..which obviously is something someone with all their mental facilities would not assume.. so we're actually back to the first reason.

Posts were deleted from the sticky thread.

Anyway's here are his screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

He complained that the FRR attacked the world and then didn't actually attack, they just chilled in their bases.

There were zero ISEN members in either drop, so my people aren't involved at all. Furthermore there is only 5 RKA members in the first drop and 4 RKA members in the 2nd.

In otherwords, the loyalist FRR units were even in the minority. These are merc skittle drops. Sorry they didn't make the game fun for you, but what do you want us to do about it?

Edited by Mech The Dane, 25 April 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#2 Coordinator Toxic Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:53 PM

Sounds like you need to head out into the woods and scream away some frustration.

#3 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

View PostCoordinator Toxic Kerensky, on 25 April 2016 - 02:53 PM, said:

Sounds like you need to head out into the woods and scream away some frustration.

DANE GET DANGRY WHEN PEOPLE MESS WITH HIS STICKIES.

#4 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 25 April 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

If your going attack us... please make it a fight.

Posted Image

View PostG SE7EN7, on 25 April 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

We had to go out the gates for this fight, most deaths were self ejects:

Posted Image

How embarrassing to see so many FRR pilots playing as cowards. What have they to say for themselves, I wonder? I await their response.

#6 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 25 April 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

I NEED A NEW CHAIR

#7 Salty Hotdog Fingers Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostTarogato, on 25 April 2016 - 03:04 PM, said:

How embarrassing to see so many FRR pilots playing as cowards. What have they to say for themselves, I wonder? I await their response.

I made the call in the first one to not charge in, we had satellite scan and they had 2-3 atlases and 3-4 maulers backed up with typical IS laser vomit ready for us to come in. We weren't all on comms and our drop decks weren't ideal to say the least. If you want to beat your chest about it you can log on at 4 am and lead pugs that either don't listen to orders, or just aren't experienced enough to deal with this kind of setup, into the slaughter. The people we had on comms just decided to watch the new Game of Thrones and waste the enemies time instead.

In the second game they pushed out and we got some damage, we were on the right gate of Sulfurous Rift and I made the call to charge the D3 corner to get to omega. We actually had a shot at gen rushing because most of their maulers were setup far back in C2, yet the pugs stopped in C3 and corner humped to engage the maulers instead of charging through. They got surrounded and slaughtered predictably.

So you can sit back and say how things SHOULD be but I'm telling you how they actually are. If we come up against a unit where the fight just won't even be close and/or fair we're not going to just feed them kills. KCOM and Mercstar and pretty much all of our FRR mainline units would just push out and fight the pugs if they pulled something like this.

If you sit in your highly favorable defensive positions with much better players in much better mechs and beat your chests about pugs not coming in to get farmed you're one of the many, many things wrong with Faction Play. In almost any game like this 2323 just pushes out to end the game quickly and let the pugs actually get a decent fight.

So lets not sit on high minded ideals of how we think the game should be played and look at the reality of how things actually work.

Edited by Salty Hotdog Fingers Kerensky, 25 April 2016 - 03:20 PM.

#8 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostSalty Hotdog Fingers Kerensky, on 25 April 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Right or wrong, i make no judgement there.
Props for standing up like a man and explaining your decision without coming off whiny.

#9 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 25 April 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Right or wrong, i make no judgement there.
Props for standing up like a man and explaining your decision without coming off whiny.

I concur.

I mean, I'd prefer to face the enemy like a true viking warrior* and die valiantly than to sit back and waste everybody's time, but props for the meticulous response.

*obligatory comment that FRR are not just vikings, or that vikings don't just charge the enemy blindly yada yada RP shjt and blahblah

#10 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

I'd like to call it excuses, but i will give benefit of the doubt.

#11 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

This is why the defending team needs a garage door opener for the gates so they can push out themselves...

#12 Salty Hotdog Fingers Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:06 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 25 April 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

This is why the defending team needs a garage door opener for the gates so they can push out themselves...

We opened the gates in both games, although we were joking about the idea of getting long toms and just leaving the gates closed. We wanted to have a decent fight, but not a disorganized pug charge into a well organized massacre.

#13 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:40 PM

So to recap>

Looks like premade vs pugs.
Premade gets salty because pugs did the same thing as them (sitting on their butt like muppets)
Premade makes whiney entitled thread about ruining muh pug farm
Ghogiel has lolz

Is that the gist of it?

#14 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

Was more hilarious for us tbh. The trash talk was thoroughly amusing :)

#15 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:07 AM

Actually this is a pretty smart tactic -- when you are fighting a superior group for a planet, the longer you can delay them in combat the better chance you have of your other attacking units to take territory.

I've used this tactic many times -- and usually the other side will realize it and push us hard to force our hand. This is war gents, and sometimes the best tactic is to keep the enemy mired in a crapfest while you accomplish things on other fronts.

If you want to play a game, go back to group queue skirmish. You want a war with all the tricks, strategy and sneakiness then play FW.

Enemy: "Ok we are all setup you can charge into our well placed firing lines and die"
Allies: "Uh. No."
Enemy: "But you have to!"
Enemy: "BUT THE RULES SAY YOU HAVE TO!"
Enemy: "But we are all setup! We are ready! We have a perfect kill box."
Allies: "We know, so we aren't coming in. You could come out and charge us?"
Enemy: "But you are SUPPOSED to come in!"
Allies: "Uh. No. You come out."
Enemy: "We are not coming out. We are reporting you for Non Participation."
Allies: "You are not coming out to fight us?"
Enemy: "No. And you are all reported."
Allies: "We are reporting you for non-participation because you are not coming out to fight us."
Enemy: "WHA!?!"

Edited by nehebkau, 26 April 2016 - 07:15 AM.

#16 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 25 April 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

I NEED A NEW CHAIR

All chunky guys like the Chair that Bandit has, I will get you the link on Amazon. :) (chunk guy here so I know what I am talking about)

#17 Hang Jebat

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 17 posts
  • LocationYour Mum's Bum

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 26 April 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

Actually this is a pretty smart tactic -- when you are fighting a superior group for a planet, the longer you can delay them in combat the better chance you have of your other attacking units to take territory.

I've used this tactic many times -- and usually the other side will realize it and push us hard to force our hand. This is war gents, and sometimes the best tactic is to keep the enemy mired in a crapfest while you accomplish things on other fronts.

If you want to play a game, go back to group queue skirmish. You want a war with all the tricks, strategy and sneakiness then play FW.

Only works when there's other groups dropping on the planet, and in this instance, there were none.

If you have other things to do like grocery shopping, cook for your kids, mow the lawn, watch paint dry, watch game of thrones, etc. but still want your wins in FW, play against FRR.

#18 Sabertooth1966

• PipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostHang Jebat, on 26 April 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

Only works when there's other groups dropping on the planet, and in this instance, there were none.

If you have other things to do like grocery shopping, cook for your kids, mow the lawn, watch paint dry, watch game of thrones, etc. but still want your wins in FW, play against FRR.

That last comment is making me really want to attack our serpent neighbors. You guys may or may not be good but when you actually piss us off it usually ends badly for the other guy.Posted Image

#19 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 11:36 PM

View PostSabertooth1966, on 26 April 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

That last comment is making me really want to attack our serpent neighbors. You guys may or may not be good but when you actually piss us off it usually ends badly for the other guy.Posted Image

Please do. My unit only cares about getting games, not about some dots on the map.

If one is going to complain about going up against a 12 man with disorganized pugs, then form a 12 man or don't play. Yes we'll eventually come out the gate and kill you. But in the end the only reason you're delaying the game is because you're spiteful and/or defeatist.

Edited by dervishx5, 26 April 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#20 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 27 April 2016 - 01:00 AM

One questions why PGI actually put soloists etc into their own que..wink wink honk honk!Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mi Ro Ki, 27 April 2016 - 01:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users