Hot-Fix Scheduled For 04-28-2016

222 replies to this topic

#21 Moebius1

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:14 PM

And this fix for better Invasion queues is pretty obvious, make it an actual solo queue as opposed to the unitless queue crap that failed that was mislabeled a solo queue...

#22 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

Ah. Well, back to not playing CW at all, then.

#23 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

They could add a POP UP window showing what units with 7+ personnel together and have dropped on planet in the last hour.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 April 2016 - 06:47 PM.

#24 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:21 PM

PGI can't even split queues right. The irony is most people are still playing FP as solo players.

#25 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:41 PM

Just to quote myself from the patch notes thread:

View PostSereglach, on 21 April 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

After looking at Russ's follow-up post to the rollout of Phase 3 I have one sincere question to ask:

What on earth did you think was going to happen to the solo queue when "Freelancers" get literally nothing out of Phase 3 . . . but creating a "Solo Merc Unit" -to enjoy the Reputation Points rewards- then puts you into the Group Queue section?!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Call to Arms" is NOT a good reason to keep someone Freelance unless they're still getting something out of it. Add the Reputation Points and their rewards to the Freelance option. That'll encourage people to actually stay in the solo queue instead of making "Solo Merc Units" and then being forced into the Group Queue.

As a pertinent follow-up question . . . Have you been looking at how many solo players are ending up in the Group Queue because of the "Solo Merc Unit" unofficial option?

OR Was it intentional to leave zero rewards for the Freelance or primarily "Solo" players in order to rig the system and ensure that the queue separations would fail in the first place? I mean, the numbers in the group queues can't be that abysmal to rely on all the people who would be creating "Solo Merc Units" -to reap the Reputation rewards- in order to keep the group queue moving, can they?

This remerge is a joke . . . it's not that playing in the group queue promised "better" rewards and "people were willing to do it" . . . it's that it was the ONLY way to get rewards as a solo player without becoming a faction loyalist (thereby locking into a faction with no way to reliably move around). Then, tack on the fact that Russ basically just said "Screw solo queue, I want people joining units and entering group queue" over twitter . . . which funny enough he later deleted those posts when he realized how much he slapped all of his solo player base across the face. Funny, though, because those quotes have already survived elsewhere . . . one example:

View PostThe Wolfpack75, on 23 April 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

Per Russ on Twitter "Only those rarely seeing themselves as playing CW should stay freelancer and respond to call to arms as the mood hits them"

Me: "Lol, there is zero incentive to ever play CW if you are a freelancer. & not much more to play as a solo mercenary in group que"

Russ: "If they feel that way then they will become unit players which would be great."

Which, I will vouch that the quotes from Russ are real. I (and many others but only speaking for myself, here) had read them and utterly flipped out, at the utterly disgraceful treatment of over half your player base (because the majority of players are solo players). Of course, when the fire started coming back in his direction he deleted the posts. I'm guessing Russ doesn't want the solo queues like he was saying he did.

Thusly, now we're back at square one . . . Pre-CW-Phase-3 ("Prise Be to Phase 3") . . . only if you even want to take a contract and be at least semi-flexible in where you play, or enjoy any rewards at all, then you will be forced to make a unit for yourself.

Edited by Sereglach, 26 April 2016 - 08:11 AM.

#26 RedbulOne

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:45 PM

None of this makes any sense anymore and frankly is just not fun. I've got 2 friends at Microsoft who swear MS is working on something.. may not be an issue soon.

#27 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:47 PM

Splitting group from solo queue had me play FW again ... after more than 6 month the first time. I was even thinking to invest money into this game again.

Reverting this will stop me from doing both. There are plenty of other games. Sorry, PGI you failed.

Edited by xe N on, 25 April 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#28 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:50 PM

Thanks, PGI. Now I can play CW again, instead of being stuck with 0 matches going across all queues because I haven't yet found a unit that I like.

Now, work on a persistent chat across all factions for CW, please.

#29 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

View PostTesunie, on 25 April 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

I already kinda knew that splitting the queues up like that would cause problems.

One of the other problems (which can't actively be solved by the current system) is that Units tend to attack, and solos tend to defend more often.

Seen as I never agreed with the splitting of solo and unit players to begin with, I agree with these changes.

Actually what lead to amplification of the solo queue problem is also the introduction of 4x4 at the same time.

A better way in my opinion will be removing the solo merc type and leave solo queue alone but with addition of perks like some form of loyalty points.

This way, solo will remain purely solo and not mixed up with 12 man die hards and yet, get perks for playing.

#30 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostMoebius1, on 25 April 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Fix the Huggin, put it's SRM4 cooldown quirks back to how they were so they are viable in scouting. No reason oxides should be the only decent light mech now. Or nerf the oxide.

It is viable ;)

Just try to avoid getting caught with your pants down like I did.. :P

I would probably avoid running it among pugs, but if you are in a group and are coordinating properly, it does quite well. I also ruN SRM 6's instead of 4's..

Edited by White Bear 84, 25 April 2016 - 08:01 PM.

#31 kka

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 25 April 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

Personally I dont think the Solo/Unit spit was the problem. Its that there are now so many ques.

Unless my math is wrong, thats a total of 40 separate ques (or Buckets as Russ calls them) added in one swoop.

This.

I think PGI will never do this, but I still plead:

Please PGI, remove all the houses and replace them with two: IS or clan. At least TRY this for a week!

This way there will be way less ques even if you decide to split solo/group.

Imo, it is FAR more important to get into the actual GAMEPLAY in decent time than to be able to choose a house.

#32 LK4D4

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:23 PM

How about these for ideas:

- Make a playable mode for Clan or IS (not factions). Split up the ques based on Clan vs IS. Myself, and perhaps others that are fairly new, play the game based on the mech sides we play on (Clan/IS), not the individual factions within them.

- Have a time frame for PUGs to get more players in their group or it gets disbanded. And/Or give it a minimum size within a certain time, any less and they have X number of days to get players back in the group. This should fix the solo groups from joining without penalties.

- PUGs should stay as a solo "unit" until they have Y number of players. Let's say 4. Four is a nice number for a small unit.

- Drop weights are based on your PSR, or the total of all players. Not sure which to choose, so we'll do total PSR for now. Let's say you have a PSR of 3.5, times that by 12 other players with same PSR, you get 42. Total tonnage (times 100, then half the total PSR) is 210. Now, the other group is a median of 5.25 (pretty fresh), total is 630, so 315 tons.
Otherwise, your PSR is 3.5, so 75% of this number (times 100) becomes about 260-265 tons.
I don't know - think about it, PGI. More weight due to less experience.

- Provide quirks based on your PSR. Or the number of games you've played. Or the number of Kill-Death-Ratio. Or your game score.

I thought it seemed cool to have solo players play solo players, but PUGs just ruin everything. And I also like Clan mechs, but don't know what faction to join.

EDIT: the guy before me had the same idea as me while I was typing this post.

Edited by LK4D4, 25 April 2016 - 08:28 PM.

#33 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

Merging queues again? Well, i'll check back in 6 months, again. Im not interested getting stomped by organised groups, I am a solo player who Im guessing last weeks change was directed at... didnt get a chance to play it though, as it was up for a whole 15 minutes.

Edited by Axeface, 25 April 2016 - 08:30 PM.

#34 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostThe14th, on 25 April 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

I love the people coming out complaining about the re-merger of the queues. I was solo loyalist the whole time, and I saw everybody ditch out to form solo merc units instead of sticking with it. And apparently PGI saw that too.

I never even bothered with the freelancing. I wanted to be a mercenary player with contracts... only way to do that was make my own unit. That's perfectly fine to me so...You shouldn't Run with Scissors is the name of my unit. ;)

#35 Uklistan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:32 PM

View Postkka, on 25 April 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

This.

Please PGI, remove all the houses and replace them with two: IS or clan. At least TRY this for a week!

Imo, it is FAR more important to get into the actual GAMEPLAY in decent time than to be able to choose a house.

They have done this twice before you know. You had to pick a minor faction from one of the two main (IS/Clan) - we called it Tukkyid. The problem with this type of game play is simple - many want clan vs clan & IS vs IS fights, not just IS vs Clan all the time.

#36 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 08:44 PM

Thank you for these changes, especially the dropdeck bug.

I created my own unit so i could pay cw with my FRR guys, just a few days before this was announced. I wish i was a little bit more patient, but i might consider investing time into my unit and stuff.

anyways, thanks! :)

#37 Sharg

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:13 PM

View Postkka, on 25 April 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

This.

Its not worth anymore to have so many different queues. Its just not working. Just reduce the queues and hand it over to the matchmaker!

#38 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:18 PM

View PostJeffrey Wilder, on 25 April 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Actually what lead to amplification of the solo queue problem is also the introduction of 4x4 at the same time.

A better way in my opinion will be removing the solo merc type and leave solo queue alone but with addition of perks like some form of loyalty points.

This way, solo will remain purely solo and not mixed up with 12 man die hards and yet, get perks for playing.

One problem with any concept that divides the queue, no matter what the reason for doing so, it will slow down search times.

Currently, we are having several problems, both with splitting queues into unit and solos and not splitting the queues at all. Each has their drawbacks and advantages.

By having the queues split up farther (recall, we are already split up by planet, and now also by "Invasion" and "scout" game modes), the more thinly the population of the games gets spread. This leads to longer wait times, if not complete lack of being able to find matches. The manner of which it was split up also can produce several problems as well currently. By splitting between units and solos, you have people creating single person units and essentially dropping in solo in the unit queue. You also have unit players from larger units dropping in solo and not even with their unit. Still resulting in teams of solo's vs a full 12 man group. (AKA: Not really solving the "evil premade" vs "innocent PUGs" dilemma some people wish to cry out about.)

PGI has found out that the extra divide in the queue is not being overly helpful. It was a community pushed request, and PGI has given it a try. It isn't working, so it's being removed (and maybe readopted after being worked on some more). I didn't think it would work from the start, seeing the possible flaws with the system. However, I am still appreciative that PGI listened to it's community and at least gave the idea a try and saw how well it worked or not.

FW has a relatively low population from my understanding. The extra divide in the queue was not being helpful to the MM system, and was producing some large wait times. I don't believe that any farther division in the FW queue would be a good thing. All it's going to do is tax the population and increase wait times. It will probably remain this way unless FW sees a large population increase. I can't see how a division of Solo and Unit players in the queue will be helpful (currently). It also produces other problems not related to Queue times, adding to my belief it wont honestly work very well.

(Sorry if I rambled a bit...)

#39 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 April 2016 - 09:40 PM

View PostThe14th, on 25 April 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

I love the people coming out complaining about the re-merger of the queues. I was solo loyalist the whole time, and I saw everybody ditch out to form solo merc units instead of sticking with it. And apparently PGI saw that too.

And how could be different? I was solo loyalist with Marik, EU timezone. It was incredibily difficult, even on weekend late night, to find a 12vs12 invasion match. Scouting was good instead. They doubled the queues (solo / group), duplicated the game modes (scout and invasion) AND increased the penalties for leaving a faction. They also increased the cost for larger units for inviting new players.... If you were in a faction where solo queue was low populated, like mine, you had the 7 days disertion time for changing it. To me forming a 1 man solo merc unit is the only logical move with the current fw design.

#40 Lil Thumper

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostMoebius1, on 25 April 2016 - 06:39 PM, said:

Fix the Huggin, put it's SRM4 cooldown quirks back to how they were so they are viable in scouting. No reason oxides should be the only decent light mech now. Or nerf the oxide.

I could'nt agree more, the machine gun and srm nerf have ruined this hero mech. I'm fairly angry that it's one I paid money for and it was changed from what I purchased originally. Hero mechs should not be changed after they are advertised with certain quirks...thorough testing should be done before they are released to insure you will keep the same product you purchased originally. Or allow us the option of a MC or cash value refund if a hero mech is changed from what you purchased originally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users