#1 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:31 PM

According to the in game stats, the Steiner and Clan Wolf are at the bottom with 9%. What strange form of MWO are we in where Steiner is smaller than Liao and Marik?

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 26 April 2016 - 02:18 PM

Mercs may be between factions?

#3 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:59 PM

Everyone who wants to play Faction Warfare went FRR?

#4 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:06 AM

^ Posted Image

Also many seems to have joined green birdies and black dragons.

#5 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:10 AM

View PostTordin, on 03 May 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

^ Posted Image

Also many seems to have joined green birdies and black dragons.

Its alright, green birdies will be becoming KFC soon.

#6 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2016 - 12:48 AM

Well, you can't blame anyone for choosing a faction as far away from the clans as possible due to the Storm Crow situation in scouting 4 vs. 4. As long as the Crows are such a problem the most small units will probably stay away from the clan border.

#7 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:43 AM

I will offer you some intel that a lot of people seem to know but not everyone...

Crows have legs that go al the way up...

Now on a woman, I have it on good authority that this is a good thing. On a mech? Not so much.

I have dropped in 3-4 crow teams and been wrecked when enemy team focuses on one crow at a time, and legs him.

So I just gave you the surprising, unexpected, super-secret tactic to killin' crows.

I don't care about bein op, i want fun games and would love to see variety in the mechs that drop, so there ya go.

#8 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:12 AM

Thanks for the intel that I already know. Legs fine and good, but the sheer amount of Storm Crows that are more than OP in this mode made us to fight in the south. Since then the 4 vs. 4 is pretty much well balanced and the fun came back for us.

So to all who like to fight against Crows: have fun. No judging and no offense from my side, I just say, noone can be blamed for leavng the clan border...

I'm very curious about what will happen, if the clanners only get matches agains the other clans... I think then the opinions about Crows may shift to the side we see it in the Inner Sphere.

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostTertius, on 05 May 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

Well, you can't blame anyone for choosing a faction as far away from the clans as possible due to the Storm Crow situation in scouting 4 vs. 4. As long as the Crows are such a problem the most small units will probably stay away from the clan border.

Ahem! You're over a week late and a Euro short. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 05 May 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#10 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:58 AM

View PostMystere, on 05 May 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Ahem! You're over a week late and a Euro short. Posted Image

Well, not everyone has the time to read all topics right after posting. Nonetheless one can take part in the discussions.

#11 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostTertius, on 05 May 2016 - 12:48 AM, said:

weird I pilot a crow just because of the the constant issue of all the ecm equipped griffins I run into. Its the only thing that seems to have a slight chance against them.

#12 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:14 AM

View Posta rabid chihuahua, on 05 May 2016 - 07:04 AM, said:

weird I pilot a crow just because of the the constant issue of all the ecm equipped griffins I run into. Its the only thing that seems to have a slight chance against them.

In one scout match, my Centurion was *one-shotted*, *in the centre torso* by a Stormcrow. ONE ALPHA. In the most heavily armored part of my fully upgraded IS mech. Don't tell me 5 tons buys you that.

I'm struggling to think of any time I've been one-shotted by an ECM...

#13 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:05 AM

View PostAdetheRare, on 05 May 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

In one scout match, my Centurion was *one-shotted*, *in the centre torso* by a Stormcrow. ONE ALPHA. In the most heavily armored part of my fully upgraded IS mech. Don't tell me 5 tons buys you that.

Griffins can outmaneuver crows easily, just need one jj and get in close.

Dunno how he got you in one alpha... our 4 mans have actually move away from all-crow teams to counter the speed and durability of IS lights. Crows get focused down because i gues everyone is scared of them.

Streaks? Useless when you want either a fast kill or need to leg and leave the last one. You can't aim them for components.

Keep up the crow paranoia though...

Final thought:

Are you pug dropping or grouping with 3 other competent players that know better than to bring lrms to scout... especially on an Oxide?

Teamwork is ridiculously op when there are only 4 of you.

#14 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:21 AM

The problem is not the Crow. This mech offers a good package but u can beat it in all Brawler builds. HBK, Griffin, Crab, Cent, Shadowhawk...

The bigger Problem are the cstreaks. Vs a good player they are ok. Your Dps an Pinpoint Bonus allows u to kill them. easy mode.

But fact is, the majority of Players Are not good.
In this Duell autoaim wins.

Hope they dont drop the weight down. Is dont realise what they ask for.
45 Tons Bj is dominating. Go Down further to 35-40 u will see only streaks in Adder/Jenner IIc. On is side u can Händle them. With Firestarters an Oxides if u are good. But this fight is much harder than against a Crow.

Main Problem are the winning conditions. to stop 4 Arctic concentrated on intel is...
U must hope for a fault on Clan Team. Same strat funktions on is side (a bit easier to handle in stream Crow).

As long it is enough to Jump in Zone last second scouting s...

Sry for writing. Using german mobil ( auto correction;).

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 09 May 2016 - 07:24 AM.

#15 Kaelym

• Pip
  • The Raider
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

Scouting is fine as is. Crows are not the problem. Poor Steiner lance composition is. Too many Steiners bringing very light mechs to a crow fight. Their solution? Being told in Faction chat to ignore the Falcons and wait for map reset.

Sad day indeed.

#16 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:17 AM

View PostAdetheRare, on 05 May 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

Sounds like someone doesn't front load there armor....Posted Image

#17 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 May 2016 - 06:20 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 05 May 2016 - 10:05 AM, said:

Streaks? Useless when you want either a fast kill or need to leg and leave the last one. You can't aim them for components.

You are really over generalizing this. A well built streak crow will have about a 35% chance of popping an ST on any light with any salvo. But things like AMS, Cover, and even just teammates can mitigate that pretty easily.

Edited by Revis Volek, 11 May 2016 - 06:21 AM.

#18 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:49 AM

Another point is that Clan Jade Falcon has often been a place where EVIL, KCOM, and other really good teams lurk. Beyond that, anyone can look at the IS map, see how Steiner's neighboring clan is doing much better than the other ones, and piece together that there are hard fights to be had there--fights most players don't want.

And again, there are people that just don't like fighting clans. At all, so they stay under the covers of Marik, Davion, and Liao.

#19 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:35 AM

View PostAerei, on 14 June 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

Another point is that Clan Jade Falcon has often been a place where EVIL, KCOM, and other really good teams lurk. Beyond that, anyone can look at the IS map, see how Steiner's neighboring clan is doing much better than the other ones, and piece together that there are hard fights to be had there--fights most players don't want.

And again, there are people that just don't like fighting clans. At all, so they stay under the covers of Marik, Davion, and Liao.

Just beacuse we are in Liao does not mean we are not up in your Territory protecting you. Maybe Liao should stop defending Steiner and go back to defend Rasalhague.

#20 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

I don't know. My unit (we are good but not comp) can have a bad day or a good day if we run all crows (non-streak because we know better). 4 oxides was hard mode, though not anymore. 4 griffons or a blend of at least 2 puts us in work mode and we win or we don't. Shout out to 2323 for giving us a steady night against a variety when we ran the same mechs and pilots for 4 hours. We learned a lot and had a hell of a good fight every time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users