- - - - -

Endo-Steel Not A Permanent Buy?

7 replies to this topic

#1 BFG Division

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:01 AM

I bought Endo-Steel for 750k for a build on my Marauder MAD-5D. The next day I switched my build to not use Endo, then later on tried to make an Endo build again... and it wants me to pay the 750k once more. Is Endo-Steel only a one-time thing? Awfully expensive if so. :(

#2 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:06 AM

You have to pay each time you change it.. doesn't mater which way you go, while many people think of them as upgrades, they aren't technically. they are changes in base builds. AKA STD egine build of an energy boat, can skip endo, because they want to load out double heat sinks. That same mech, could add endo, and swap to ballistics and drop heat sinks which are no longer taking up the space, so they add endo, to lower weight and get more speed or ammo.. It's considered a base for of the mech, not a virtual upgrade. ECT

If you plan on swapping a lot, you are just better off buying another mech, and loading it out in the long run its lots less hassle.

Heat sinks, endo, ferro, Artemis all cost to flip sides

If you contact Customer service, they may give you a one time refund, of your 750k. Explain that you did not understand the system. Don't make it a habit though, they won't keep doing it. It's sorta a one time thing they do for new players, for I "Mistakenly" sold a mech, and other things newbie type mistakes. They do try to help out new players though, so it's worth a short if you wan't to try, just E-mail You sorta get a freebie i screwed up thing, after that it becomes much more at their discretion.

accounts@mwomercs.com

In the future before you play around with builds in the mechlab for testing, try this http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ and i get it.. i ran around in a thunder bolt for about 6 months with out upgrading, because i kept swapping back and forth builds, that would not work if it had endo, :)

Edited by JC Daxion, 27 April 2016 - 07:18 AM.

#3 Quintus Verus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:22 AM

Unfortunately you do have to repay. Endo versus XL engine is often the trade you make on a lot of builds. You can use Smurfy http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/ to play around with various builds before you drop cash on the actual builds. When you're F2P i would suggest playing around with builds without adding endo-steel 1st. If you can't decide on a build that is working for you, then upgrade and do the same with Endo Steel builds. When you strip FF armor off of a mech, you keep the total armor points of that FF which can used to add armor to other mechs that come with FF without having to pay to new tons of FF armor. You still have to pay to upgrade to FF, but you can utilize the stripped FF from another mech until you run out of armor points.

Edited by Quintus Verus, 29 April 2016 - 07:20 AM.

#4 BFG Division

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:32 AM

Thanks both of you for the informative replies! I won't contact customer service as it'll only take a handful of games to make the money back, but I'm glad to know how the system works now.

#5 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:46 AM

If you run mechs with missiles, the same thing applies to Artemis.

Not only do all missiles except Steaks count the launcher with and without Artemis as separate pieces of equipment, if you swap back and forth on the mech itself you have to pay the 250K C-Bills again for the actual upgrades on the mech's targeting systems that apply to Artemis. Just like Endo, it is very rare to remove it form a mech once you have done the upgrade, but just so you know. And no, Artemis takes up no tonnage or slots itself (although launchers with Artemis are bigger/heavier than the regular versions) so there is no point removing the upgrade even if you remove all the missiles from the mech build for a while.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostBurger Betty, on 27 April 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

I bought Endo-Steel for 750k for a build on my Marauder MAD-5D. The next day I switched my build to not use Endo, then later on tried to make an Endo build again... and it wants me to pay the 750k once more. Is Endo-Steel only a one-time thing? Awfully expensive if so. Posted Image

It's not that you're buying the materials, you're paying the techs to completely gut the skeleton out of your mech and replace it, then reattach everything.

You used to have to pay them for repairs too... then Comstar (PGI) ousted the unions and made them work on everything else for free.

Now you pay them to change out heatsink types, endo/standard, and to install/remove Artemis systems.

Oh and standard/ferro armor.

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostBurger Betty, on 27 April 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Thanks both of you for the informative replies! I won't contact customer service as it'll only take a handful of games to make the money back, but I'm glad to know how the system works now.

Customer service will not refund cbills or xp or any "free" currency. They will give you one "oops" like if you bought a mech with MC that you meant to buy with cbills since that involves MC or real $$. Don't do it twice though or you'll be out of luck.

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostBurger Betty, on 27 April 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

good thinking, save it for the OPP's i sold the wrong mech!! Like i did a hero a few years back, that cost me MC! :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users