Why Do We Have Poor Scouting?

52 replies to this topic

#41 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:09 PM

View PostKaelym, on 27 April 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

Whats going on with the scouting? Map after map we're facing Long Tom, with no one scouting.

It's not that we're losing the scouting, we're just NOT scouting consistently.

Why is this?

Hm jets see, you are Steiner. Steiner is currently attacked by CJF. All competative and big units went to CJF pre-event. You have huge units that bring enough 4er and 12er against your pugs...
Does this answer your question?

#42 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:20 AM

Clan weapons are superior coze dommage & range ....
But clan weapons requiere more skills for be efficient due of clans heat management ( overheat syndrom ) and duration ( spreading damage ).

Only noobs streaks can negate poor clan heat mgt with range and also fighting while retreating and arent impacted by duration ( but in case of streaks low recycle time less heat but less dommage in close range fight )
Clans mechs have ECM advantage ( artic and shadow cat ) but totally negate by griffon-2N ecm advantage + tonnage advantage.
With same skill level, IS guy have advantage coze how use yours clan superior weapons when you are overheating after 2-3 volley.. ?
And this little advantage is multiplicated by numbers of players who get it .. 1vs1,4vs4, 12vs12, ( etc )...

PS: I am not for LT, i hate it ( kill stoler ), and i think scout mode is a very poor mode.
In this topic i see only IS people talking but guys one fact >>>> IS side is easier to play as unit or pug than clan side due of clan heat management and poor durations.

If you have an unit and want train for improve your teamwork skill, clan side is definitivly the place to be.. you will win at end ( if you dont face a too big organized or skilled IS group ) coze clans weapons are more deadly in skilled hands like EVIL or KCom proove it to us.
But you will have to deserve your win or maybe you will simply need LT for win...

Also after this!!! Why clans still have more LT than IS guys???
Maybe coze IS dont need LT for win when clans does.. ( ofc i don't say that IS can win agaisnt clan+LT )

Look at el bandito LT thread, he complain about LT ( and he is right ) but in same time his team won even LT agaisnt them.
Without LT was would be result? 48 - 22 ?

View PostEl Bandito, on 03 July 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Aaand this is the final score. Thanks to an enemy Direwolf discoing and our AFK guy returning, we managed to scrape out a win.

Posted Image

Of the 46 deaths on our side, 22 were done by automatic 2 minute interval nuke-shatting system! This is not how you implement Long Tom in the game, PGI. Something's gotta change, be it LT's radius, or damage, or frequency, or all of them. Or just remove this snowbally mechanism altogether from FW. The queues are suffering as is, no need to make it worse. And the bloody announcer is not making any difference.

End of rant.

11 clans mechs destroyed by LT.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 04 July 2016 - 12:27 AM.

#43 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:30 AM

The guiz that focus fire better win
Same ol
New game mode

#44 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:31 AM

Most factions face subpar or average teams on a semi-regular basis. House Steiner faces House of Lords, KCOM, -MS- and EVIL on a semi regular basis.

Need I say more?

Edited by Aerei, 04 July 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#45 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:43 PM

Clan Mechs have superior range and per-weapon damage. IS mechs have faster cooldowns and lower heat generation. Adjust your strategies to capitalize on your strengths.

#46 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:45 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 July 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Clan Mechs have superior range and per-weapon damage. IS mechs have faster cooldowns and lower heat generation. Adjust your strategies to capitalize on your strengths.

IS is also sturdier in general and remember that clam lasers burn longer so torso twist to spread damage more and stay alive longer.

#47 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 04 July 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

IS is also sturdier in general and remember that clam lasers burn longer so torso twist to spread damage more and stay alive longer.

Yeah, we have been fighting to protect your planets all weekend Posted Image

#48 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:42 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 04 July 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

11 clans mechs destroyed by LT.

I did say the opponents were not good players. ;)

#49 Albino Boo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:15 AM

If you want to beat streakcrows run Griffon-2N ecm with Srm 4+A and aim for the ct. Streaks can't aim for components and you can with weapons that have less spread, faster reloads and more shots per ton. If IS zerg Griffon-2Ns then streakcrows will disappear.

#50 Lehmund

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 219 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:39 AM

I think a good mix of pinpoint and splash damage mechs on scouting are best for countering any team, as long as the pilots are decent and working together. Clan or IS.

A full team of Clan Streak weapons can wreak havoc on a bunch of lights, but against hard-hitting IS mediums, it becomes a challenge to beat.

I find something like 1 Streakcrow, 1 StreakSHC + 2 other heavy pin-point mediums would work best. Streaks do good splash damage to shave off armor and the pinpoint can get the quick kill on whatever internals go yellow.

The IS version of this is using a combination of SRMs and pinpoint on heavily armored mediums if you think you'll encounter clan mediums as above.

#51 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 12:48 PM

What is this "Scouting" you're all talking about ?

#52 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 05 July 2016 - 03:42 AM, said:

I did say the opponents were not good players. Posted Image

Yea and you did said your team did lose 22 mechs.

But you didnt said red team did lose 11 mechs coze of theirs own LT ( hahaha ).
Me i did say it Posted Image nothing more

Edited by Idealsuspect, 05 July 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#53 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:23 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 04 July 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Yea thats why i feel alone when i see claners rush ennemy srms mediums into close range with streaks and medium lasers ... instead fighting while retreating/taking distance.

I feel and most of time i am alone to use strength of clan mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users