111 replies to this topic

#81 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostLivestick, on 28 April 2016 - 05:07 PM, said:

Black Knight is, always has been, and always will be crap. A nerf is the last thing it needs.

#82 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 28 April 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

Sorry but that's just a load of bullshіt

3x LPL + 5x ML +19 DHS BK vs 7x MPL +26 DHS Timberwolf

Heat dissipation: 3.75 vs 5.06
Heat per alpha: 37(quirked) vs 47(GH)
Heat cap: 76.20 vs 81.12
Ratio(heat gen over 4 sec/heat dissipation): 2.467 vs 2.32
Effective range: 324 (quirks + module)vs 363 (module)
Structure, accel and decel quirks vs cXL

They are almost identical, nerf BK and that will change.

Structure quirks far exceed benefits of Clan XL.

#83 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:54 AM

I don't see what you mean. It only gets a 10% heat reduction. The rest of the quirks are good, but not the best either.

#84 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:03 AM

Give IS mechs cXL and do what you want afterwards.

#85 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:27 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 30 April 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

Structure quirks far exceed benefits of Clan XL.

I'd take cXL over sturcture quirks any day, sadly some clan fanboys are opposing the idea, I wonder why.

Edited by kapusta11, 01 May 2016 - 02:29 AM.

#86 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:49 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 01 May 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

I'd take cXL over sturcture quirks any day, sadly some clan fanboys are opposing the idea, I wonder why.

And after the Town Hall Meeting with Russ's reluctance and many issues with bringing in actual critical hit to engines, actuators, gyros, etc and not complication the game too much for new players, making isXL behave like cXL but with slightly heavier penalties would fall into the vein of thought. There has been a few posts of new players who has started off using Clan omnis and their 20% movement/heat penalty then took their turn at IS mechs. STD engines, no problems, then changes isXL engines, wtf why am I dying so quickly, why am I not about to keep moving with a loss of a torso like I did with Clan mechs and IS mechs with STD engines?

Then they are told, the board game taking 3 engine hits (isXL has 3 engine components in a side torso) the mech is dead. Is that the only time the engine is actually damaged then? No 1 engine crit in the RT, the CT and the LT? That sucks. They need to do it either as all or nothing..

#87 Yosharian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 01 May 2016 - 05:49 AM, said:

And after the Town Hall Meeting with Russ's reluctance and many issues with bringing in actual critical hit to engines, actuators, gyros, etc and not complication the game too much for new players, making isXL behave like cXL but with slightly heavier penalties would fall into the vein of thought. There has been a few posts of new players who has started off using Clan omnis and their 20% movement/heat penalty then took their turn at IS mechs. STD engines, no problems, then changes isXL engines, wtf why am I dying so quickly, why am I not about to keep moving with a loss of a torso like I did with Clan mechs and IS mechs with STD engines?

Then they are told, the board game taking 3 engine hits (isXL has 3 engine components in a side torso) the mech is dead. Is that the only time the engine is actually damaged then? No 1 engine crit in the RT, the CT and the LT? That sucks. They need to do it either as all or nothing..

Sorry but I can't understand a word of this

#88 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:38 AM

View PostYosharian, on 01 May 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

Sorry but I can't understand a word of this

I think what he's getting at is Russ is relunctant to work on the crit system so that you have the opportunity to "crit" a part of the engine if either ST or the CT are exposed. (I.e. if you get 1 crit on the engine in the L ST and 2 in the CT then you'd explode.)

#89 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:43 AM

Yet further proof that no mech/tank/aircraft is allowed to be good at what it does in an MMO.

Its a 75 tonner running an XL an endo steel with all energy mounts in a game that atm favors energy weapons...ofc its going to be good. but its not overpowered.

#90 Donald Trump Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:45 PM

My favorite part about fighting the black knight is the part where it has over a hundred extra structure over my clan mech because of quirks, as well as being able to get its damage done faster so it can turn away or go back into cover. It also gets to fire an extra large pulse laser and medium laser over my mechs 2 lpls 4erm, where i fire twice and get up to 90% heat and he gets to fire 3-5 times without shutting down whilst using more weapons than me. I don't stand a chance against black knights with clan mechs. It isn't balanced.

#91 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:53 PM

View PostDonald Trump Kerensky, on 01 May 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

My favorite part about fighting the black knight is the part where it has over a hundred extra structure over my clan mech because of quirks, as well as being able to get its damage done faster so it can turn away or go back into cover. It also gets to fire an extra large pulse laser and medium laser over my mechs 2 lpls 4erm, where i fire twice and get up to 90% heat and he gets to fire 3-5 times without shutting down whilst using more weapons than me. I don't stand a chance against black knights with clan mechs. It isn't balanced.

TBR
2x CLPL
4x CERMLAS
Possible 25 DHS

Heat Cap = 79.80
Alpha = 44

44 = 55% of 79.80

Please don't make crap up, its embarrassing and doesn't help the conversation.

Edited by Ultimax, 01 May 2016 - 12:54 PM.

#92 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostUltimax, on 01 May 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

TBR
2x CLPL
4x CERMLAS
Possible 25 DHS

Heat Cap = 79.80
Alpha = 44

44 = 55% of 79.80

Please don't make crap up, its embarrassing and doesn't help the conversation.

Don't forget, that's not actually how it works. It's dissipating, too, so when you go to fire again you're not at 55%, you're somewhere in the mid to low 40s on the percentage scale.

And to add, if somebody is using the classic vomit TBR at BK wub ranges...he's doing it completely wrong.

#93 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:11 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 01 May 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Don't forget, that's not actually how it works. It's dissipating, too, so when you go to fire again you're not at 55%, you're somewhere in the mid to low 40s on the percentage scale.

And to add, if somebody is using the classic vomit TBR at BK wub ranges...he's doing it completely wrong.

I was keeping it simple. Posted Image

It's clearly not "90%".

#94 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

BK's were already just nerfed and one of it's biggest cons is that it can't poke over a hill to shoot without exposing the main body due to low slung hardpoints, it's also heat heavy due to needing a meaningful amount of energy weapons to be of any use.

It mostly works better as a semi- energy brawler(I say semi because of it's heat issues and can't fight as long as a AC/SRM brawlers)

#95 Saltychipmunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:58 AM

View PostGrimRiver, on 01 May 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

BK's were already just nerfed and one of it's biggest cons is that it can't poke over a hill to shoot without exposing the main body due to low slung hardpoints, it's also heat heavy due to needing a meaningful amount of energy weapons to be of any use.

It mostly works better as a semi- energy brawler(I say semi because of it's heat issues and can't fight as long as a AC/SRM brawlers)

thats not a con , if your build set up is designed around being a medium to short range brawler.

Some mech flat out arent designed for poking, and that is fine. but it doesnt really excuse the fact that it might just be a little too good in that other play style ( you know the brawler , skirmisher , striker , alpha to the face at short range build).

its the same concept with the timberwolf or the storm crow, neither them are particularly great pokers , the storm crow has to deal with only having two viable highish energy mounts and about 20% of the mech is above those mounts and the timber has to deal with its god awful side torso hitboxes and arms that flat out dont function as shields at all.

but then you remeber that you can totally get 86+ alphas on both of those mechs that can be fire more than once and realize that poking just aint where they are op at .

always hilarious to out shoot an assault mech with a storm crow.

TLDR, you dont buy black knights to poke. so their inability to do so is irrelevant

#96 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:10 AM

I'm fine with the weapon quirks on the BK as compensation for the lower locations. It simply has too many HP's and Clans need to be able to fire 3LL without ghost heat as well. Right now Clans simply have no answer to the amount of HP's in IS heavy and assault mechs.

#97 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

View PostSader325, on 28 April 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

Leave the black knight as is.

Remove clahn fixed equipment.

Would that mean i could have endo and ff on my hellbringers if i so desired??

#98 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:35 AM

Please nerf ninnies asking for nerfs.

#99 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:45 AM

The black knight nerfing process will go something like this.

#100 Saltychipmunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:09 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 02 May 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

I'm fine with the weapon quirks on the BK as compensation for the lower locations. It simply has too many HP's and Clans need to be able to fire 3LL without ghost heat as well. Right now Clans simply have no answer to the amount of HP's in IS heavy and assault mechs.

the unfortunate answer right now s to abuse the fact that clans have longer range weapons to out range the black knight, unfortunately this requires not only a favourable map setup but also a team that is game for said setup. And that just wont work in the way pgi does pub games.

plus the knight is pretty damn fast for a heavy, fast enough to render pretty much every mech below its tonnage dead with no means of escape save for fast light mechs.

even storm crows wont escape a black knight in time if said black knight manages to make it into its optimal range for its main alphas.

you cant pick the maps you want which means you are hilariously punished for going range specific.

heck its mechs like the black knight that form the basis for exactly why IS probably should not get the higher tech engines similar to clans which sucks considering that there are quite a few is mechs that absolutly suck because they cant do much with the weight restrictions of standard engines and are as durable as a wet napkin with xls

Edited by Saltychipmunk, 02 May 2016 - 07:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users