#41 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 April 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

What is the range of tag and can it be used through a hill?

This Mech came as an LRM missile mech with 2 LRM 20's.

TAG range is 750m (although I think it is affected by any energy range quirks), it requires direct line of sight as in nothing in the way, so cannot go through anything

#42 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

OK, what is a "spotting assist"?

#43 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 April 2016 - 02:59 PM, said:

OK, what is a "spotting assist"?

You helped the kill occur by 'spotting' the enemy.
Sort of a "You saw him first" or "It wouldn't have been possible for the missileer to kill him if not for you targeting the guy" slap on the back for a job well done... even if the other guy got all the glory for it.

#44 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

View PostKoniving, on 30 April 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

You helped the kill occur by 'spotting' the enemy.
Sort of a "You saw him first" or "It wouldn't have been possible for the missileer to kill him if not for you targeting the guy" slap on the back for a job well done... even if the other guy got all the glory for it.

OK, that was what I was trying to do. So my targeting DOES help.

#45 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:00 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 30 April 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

OK, that was what I was trying to do. So my targeting DOES help.

yes, targeting always helps, here is how;
if you have a Mech targeted your allies can see its position on their HUD,
allies can target the Mech and get a lock to fire LRMs/SSRMs at it without line of sight.
if you have had the lock long enough to get the damage readout all your allies get that damage readout instantly
it allows you to call the target for focused fire (there is a letter above the Mech on your HUD and if your team bring up the target overlay [Q] by default they can see the letter, if you want to target a Dire Wolf "E" in G6 because it looks dangerous if you have VOIP enabled and a microphone hold down [Caps Lock] and say something along the lines of "please shoot Dire Wolf, Echo, in Golf 6")
if you can see a Mech but it is not targeted the rest of your team may not know it is there.

#46 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:54 AM

Ok, what plus does a "Hero" Mech have? I find it annoying that things are simply not more clear.

#47 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 01 May 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Ok, what plus does a "Hero" Mech have? I find it annoying that things are simply not more clear.

On the store (or in Mech Select)...
Hover the mouse over the mech and wait for it to load.
You'll get info.

When the mech's portrait flips on Champion and Hero mechs, you'll see the bonuses for spending cash.
Usually 30% increase in cbills when playing as the hero mech and some sort of XP bonus on champions (never cared to be honest).

Edited by Koniving, 01 May 2016 - 11:57 AM.

#48 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 01 May 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Heroes and most special varients (model numbers ending in (F) (P) (I) (G) (L) ® (O) and Mechs which are not a Jenner ending with (S)) give a 30% cbill earnings boost.

Champion variants (model numbers with an (C) on the end) and Sarah's Jenner (JR7-D(S), cancer fundraiser almost 3 years ago in memory of a 5 year old Mechwarrior who died of cancer) have a 30% XP boost

#49 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

So they are not better Mechs, they give you a pay day bonus for using them.

I thought maybe they moved faster or had extra equipment etc.

I'm trying not to make another mistake here.

I got all excited (that is the idea) of getting the Viper thinking that I'd get it last night. I now did not really need or want it since I have my Stormcrow but I thought I could use parts etc. And it came with cash etc and other pluses.

And then very late last night I found out that I would not get it til mid July. I was...what? It NEVER mentioned this is the ad but I know better now. I'm fairly poor. I'm disabled and the internet is one thing I have. I can't afford the new PS4 and the new Madden for a while so..this is a deal for me. I was getting bored with Mods of Total War etc.

So I'm willing to spend $20 on a special mech (and $24 on a new headset that i need anyway).

Which comes to a BIG question i want to ask since this well will be the only time I do this.

Once again, I still have several of these books and 4 "special manuals" with pictures and load outs of all these Mechs. I do not think I will ever be a very good player. I'm old, and with bad hands and poor eyesight and that does not work well with shooters, lol)

But I want to become a good teammate. And I'm looking at the Kodiak that will come in two weeks but has no early bonuses. I've wanted one for 10 years...lol. And I feel that I can be a real help with it. I know there are free trial ones but it is not the same for me.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 01 May 2016 - 04:30 PM.

#50 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 01 May 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

So they are not better Mechs, they give you a pay day bonus for using them.

I thought maybe they moved faster or had extra equipment etc.

That'd border on pay to win (if it gave additional speed without some drawback to it like needing a bigger engine)
That said sometimes they have somewhat higher engine limits (but the weight costs makes that bit of extra speed come at quite a drop in combat ability). Usually the hero mech is a combination of two variants in terms of hardpoints or features a hardpoint not normally on the chassis (see IV for Quickdraw and Misery for Stalkers, X-5 for Cicadas).

Use Smurfy to help you compare.

Also date:
Posted Image
See arrows.

Early bonuses for the Kodiak was a few months ago. Each one of the "preorders" is about 2 months in advance.

-----

Anyway, mind you that a pre-order is buying the otherwise free mechs before they are released, to be able to use them (and the early bonuses if you order very early) before they are 'available' to everyone else. Sort of PGI's way of making sure the money they spend on making the mech will be covered as they make it instead of much later. It does net you 3 mechs right off the bat.

Hero mechs are generally much cheaper. But wait for fridays which is when the heroes -- if heroes are going to go on sale -- would go on sale.

I'll let Rogue or someone else give you the details, I gotta get ready for work.

Edited by Koniving, 01 May 2016 - 05:07 PM.

#51 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:43 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 01 May 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

I got all excited (that is the idea) of getting the Viper thinking that I'd get it last night. I now did not really need or want it since I have my Stormcrow but I thought I could use parts etc. And it came with cash etc and other pluses.

And then very late last night I found out that I would not get it til mid July. I was...what? It NEVER mentioned this is the ad but I know better now. I'm fairly poor. I'm disabled and the internet is one thing I have. I can't afford the new PS4 and the new Madden for a while so..this is a deal for me. I was getting bored with Mods of Total War etc.

So I'm willing to spend $20 on a special mech (and $24 on a new headset that i need anyway).

the preorders lately have gone up 3-4 months before the Mech is due to be released, if you buy before a cutoff date (usualy end of the first month of the preorder) you get extra stuff for ordering early, and as Koniving pointed out they do say the release date on the sale page, although not in huge writing.
If you are going to buy any package from the store I advise reading the FAQ first so you know what you will get and when.

Omnimechs like the Viper have omnipods which can be used on any varient of that chassis, you cannot use a pod from a Viper on any other Mech, but you can use a pod from e.g. the VPR-Prime on the VPR-B.

I did want the Viper, that thing looks perfect for my preferred playstyle, but could not afford it before the cutoff for early adopter rewards so I will wait until it is released, possibly even wait until cbill release (probably around October)

Which comes to a BIG question i want to ask since this well will be the only time I do this.

Once again, I still have several of these books and 4 "special manuals" with pictures and load outs of all these Mechs. I do not think I will ever be a very good player. I'm old, and with bad hands and poor eyesight and that does not work well with shooters, lol)

But I want to become a good teammate. And I'm looking at the Kodiak that will come in two weeks but has no early bonuses. I've wanted one for 10 years...lol. And I feel that I can be a real help with it. I know there are free trial ones but it is not the same for me.

the Kodiak looks like it will be great, but I am most excited about the Spirit Bear Hero Mech, that thing will essential be an AS7-S able to, in short bursts, move like a Clan Heavy. It should be great.
Tthe Kodiak is a Battlemech not an Omnimech so you will be able to change engine, armour type, structure type and heatsink type but will not be able to change hardpoints.

if you want to be a good teammate;
Communication and working with others are really important,
Stay with the group and shoot at what others are shooting at, if possible aiming for any week spots (e.g. if there is no armor on the left torso shoot there).
Do not retreat from fire if the rest of the team is advancing (this happens far too often, the whole team is advancing on the enemy position then half the team retreats after taking 1% damage, we go from a move that would have almost guaranteed victory to one which guarantees defeat).
On the other hand be a bit cautious, if someone calls push do not just assume everyone is going to do so (I play a lot in groups where I know the rest of my group will heed the order, so if in a solo drop someone calls to push I will often do so without thinking and find out that only myself and maybe 1-2 others did so, leading to the loss of a few Mechs and often the teams defeat).
remember to use R (unless you have remapped it) to target Mechs, if you can see the enemy always have something targeted.
if you know where the enemy are and you are not sure the rest of the team do then let them know,
when communicating avoid using just the letter, say a word instead (if you say B that could be confused for D, E or G, where if you say Bravo, Beta or Box it is far less likely that would be confused)

#52 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

Is smurfy the only place that tells who is a Hero etc? I bought the SCR-D and Smurf say the SCR-Prime is a Champion. And it would have cost me less. I would feel real dumb right now...

Does the "C" besides the name mean Champion?

One big thing I need to find out is what transfers. I know one Omnipod will not fit another. But can I take weapons, sensors etc and switch them from Mech to Mech (when I get a 2nd mech and mech bay, lol)

And a big one is Modules. I see that they are mech ones and pilot ones. Can you move them from one Mech to another that you own? Do the pilot ones stay with you no matter it what one you are in or does it work for only that one mech.

Can you send yourself a gift?

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 02 May 2016 - 06:54 AM.

#53 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:09 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 02 May 2016 - 06:48 AM, said:

Is smurfy the only place that tells who is a Hero etc? I bought the SCR-D and Smurf say the SCR-Prime is a Champion. And it would have cost me less. I would feel real dumb right now...

Does the "C" besides the name mean Champion?

One big thing I need to find out is what transfers. I know one Omnipod will not fit another. But can I take weapons, sensors etc and switch them from Mech to Mech (when I get a 2nd mech and mech bay, lol)

And a big one is Modules. I see that they are mech ones and pilot ones. Can you move them from one Mech to another that you own? Do the pilot ones stay with you no matter it what one you are in or does it work for only that one mech.

Can you send yourself a gift?

the SCR-Prime is not a Champion, nether is the SCR-Prime (I) but the SCR-Prime (C) is, all 3 are functional identical except for the bonus you get

yes the (C) beside the name means Champion, for levelling purposes any letter in brackets counts as the same variant, so if you have the SCR-Prime and SCR-Prime(C) they would just count as 1 variant for XP purposes.

yes any Module you own can be transferred from one Mech to another, the only exception is weapon modules which are Clan or IS, so you can not buy a SRM6 module to use on a Griffin then fit it to a Stormcrow or Jenner IIC.

Yes you can send yourself a gift. the way the gift store works is you are emailed a code, you can redeem that code (using the redeem link just right of centre on this site) or forward it so someone else.

#54 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

SCR-Prime (I) is however, a "hero" in the sense that it gives the hero bonus of 30% more cbills. Mainly because it's the Invasion variant for collectors (curvier limbs, identical hitboxes just looks cooler).

The distinction ( C) is champion.

The distinctions (G)old, (I)nvasion, ( R)esistance, (S)team / Singles / Sarah's Mech (cancer research special donation/promotion deal), (L)oyalty / Limited, (O)rigins, (P)hoenix, (F)ounders... etc. all get the 'hero' bonus of +30% cbills.

Note: (L)oyalty is given away free if you meet certain conditions. ("Ever bought MC within this time frame? Here." "Bought a package? Here!" It's sort of a thank you for supporting the game by buying things. My only King Crab's a loyalty variant. This is mine.)

Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 02 May 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#55 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

I see two ways to get the zoom lens.

One is a pilot skill and it is paid for with Mech XP. XP is transferred by using real money and it is 5,000 for the pilot zoom skill.[

The other is on a module and it paid for with C-Bills. It is 2 Million CB

If I spend the real money to transfer the Mech Exp I can buy either one. (I'd like to keep my C-Bills)

Is there a difference between a Pilot Skill and a Module? Can one the pilot one transfer? Can you move it from mech to mech? (Ok, I know now that the Module can be transferred.) How about the Pilot skills?

AND, does it stack with a targeting computer? The targeting Computer gives you an all screen zoom so I expect to have both.

And what else is Mech Exp used for if you do not change it into something else? I'm never going to put Mech Exp into three Mechs to unlock another level of three etc etc.

P.S. Where do I change color for text in this forum?

#56 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:03 AM

I'm locked out of Modules and I can't even figure out how to buy a consumable and they are unlocked.

OMG, I have to buy 2 more of the same mech and unlock their trees to get to the Modules! You have got to be kidding!!!!!!

I guess that means I need to pay the real money to exchange Mech Exp to buy the Pilot module. BUT DOES THE PILOT MODULE TRANSFER?

I want to thank everyone and I'm now finding answer through Google so hopefully my bothering you will slow down Posted Image

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 03 May 2016 - 07:16 AM.

#57 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 03 May 2016 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'm locked out of Modules and I can't even figure out how to buy a consumable and they are unlocked.

OMG, I have to buy 2 more of the same mech and unlock their trees to get to the Modules! You have got to be kidding!!!!!!

I guess that means I need to pay the real money to exchange Mech Exp to buy the Pilot module. BUT DOES THE PILOT MODULE TRANSFER?

I want to thank everyone and I'm now finding answer through Google so hopefully my bothering you will slow down Posted Image

Hopefully my responses on the other thread answered a lot of module issues for you. Also check out Kanajashi's various tutorials on YouTube. He has an entire stickied thread to his tutorials in the forums. here is a link directly to his tutorial on modules and consumables.

#58 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

how modules work,
fit modules in the Mechlab, the modules tab, you can only fit modules you have unlocked, or already own to a Mech, and if you want the module on multiple Mechs you have to ether move it each time or buy multiples.

consumables are available for MC or Cbills, the MC version is better than the base cbill version but the cbill version can be upgraded with GXP to be equil to the MC version

you accumulate GXP at the rate of about 5% the rate of normal XP, you can convert Mech XP to GXP at a rate of 1MC for 25, or if onsale 1 MC for 50 XP.

to fit Mech or weapon modules you first have to unlock them using GXP then you can purchase them at a cost of between 2 and 6 million Cbills.

all Weapon Modules and some Mech modules have multiple levels, if you purchase the basic version then unlock a higher level version any purchased modules are upgraded automatically.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 03 May 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#59 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

Good video although the format has changed.

OK, I have ONE Mech Module and I want the Radar one and the Zoom lens.

I can buy both of them. I can buy them as Mech Modules or as Pilot Modules.

I understand where the Mech one goes but where and how many Pilot Module slots do I have? Do Pilot Modules go into the Mech Module slot?

#60 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

Mech Modules ARE Pilot Modules. So are Weapon Modules and Consumables.

There are no "PILOT" modules. The Pilot Skills are what you need to unlock modules.

The look of the screen has changed slightly, but how they work is still exactly the same as what is in the video. I really don't know how to explain it better to you than the video does.

Edited by LadyDanams, 03 May 2016 - 01:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users