https://mwomercs.com...t=201604faction

#2 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:23 PM

Awesome! Love the little preamble role play!

10 day run time is great as well.

Really liking this one

Question: Do you get a mechbay with the mech?

Edited by mp00, 28 April 2016 - 03:28 PM.

#3 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

You can't pay me enough to play even 1 of those silly scout missions as IS pilot. Nice job giving the Clans their own little private gamemode.

Stick your rewards where the sun doesn't shine PGI

#4 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:34 PM

Count then just try to get HS to vote attack lanes vs IS for the event?

#5 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:35 PM

30 min a match for Invasion and 15 min a match for Scouting with 30 and 60 match requirements for respective game types. So, for someone to even hope of getting all of the awards for one game mode or the other it'd require at least 15 hours of game time at an absolute minimum; and 30 hours absolute minimum if someone was ambitious enough to want both. That's if you don't bother to include any wait times AKA that's perfect click-button-instant-match games.

Making a challenge a challenge is one thing. However, making it a time sink is another entirely. On the other hand, at least you're giving people an actual timeframe to get it done in . . . this time . . . but that's still a minimum of 3 solid hours a day every day during the event; which means I'm betting some people are going to rest this a lot on the weekends.

Still . . . way too much that hasn't been addressed recently to make me want to play it . . . let alone want to spend money on it. You've got work to do, PGI.

Edited by Sereglach, 28 April 2016 - 03:36 PM.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

Why would you punish people Clanners by rewarding them with a Mist Lynx Champion?

#7 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 28 April 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

You can't pay me enough to play even 1 of those silly scout missions as IS pilot. Nice job giving the Clans their own little private gamemode.

Stick your rewards where the sun doesn't shine PGI

Then fight against an IS faction if Stormcrows are too scary for you, silly Lyran ;-)

Edited by Ed Steele, 28 April 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#8 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

Have an event after a week crappy bugs and the day after the merge so they can say it was what the people wanted... what a sham

#9 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 April 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why would you punish people Clanners by rewarding them with a Mist Lynx Champion?

Because they are supposed to be superior Mechwarriors and should enjoy the challenge.

#10 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

So, it's about... 6 Scouting and 3 Invasion every day... looks doable, but lots of work..

Hmm.. I think.. I go just for the Cameron Warhorn...

Anyway.. we can't say PGI don't give us time... (10+ day)..

#11 Dr Marie Delacroix

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts
  • LocationVon Braun

This event looks great! Like the varied rewards and the challenge completion stuff. Only way to make it better is to add a cumulative matchscore leaderboard for all the factions.

#12 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 28 April 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

Have an event after a week crappy bugs and the day after the merge so they can say it was what the people wanted... what a sham

Do you really believe that PGI spends that much effort conspiring against their players?

#13 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

I think this event should have taken place before the queue merge.

#14 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

I think it is great that you are finally doing a FW focused event. Unfortunately, with the changes in today's patch, I am no longer interested in FW. At least not for the time being.

#15 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Any event that gives me free stuff just for doing what I was already going to do is a good event.

#16 2fast2stompy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

How many mechs do you get? 1, 2, 4?

"Complete all Challenges and win your choice of 'Mech!" implies you get onbe for all challenges completed, but you get 2 "choose a mech" texts bellow.

Edited by 2fast2stompy, 28 April 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#17 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 105 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

a good event...took forever.

#18 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

Some of those numbers reflect an insane amount of time which has to be played. And on top of it. I can easily see loads of people which have almost everything finished to 2/3 or something like that because these goals don't build up that nicely.

For example, my last scout matches I finished with ~50 to 150 damage done - it simply is not your objective to splash damage in a scout match, it is to gather intel and escape. To accumulate 9000 Damage.... I could kill roughly 90 lights with that number. Won't happen, srsly.

Match score is a thing, too. Someone in Canada failed to credit those gathering Intel with matchscore. So, I have to run around, collect my intel, and then start to chase the enemy in order to get enough matchscore - because even in scout mode, matchscore is 90% dependent on damage done.
Usually I don't care, a win is a win, but during the next weeks it will transform the more or less unique gamemode of scouting in another skirmish-deathballfestival. Well done, wrecking the first really different gamemode you implemented since the beginning of the beta.

On the other side, the required matchscore in Invasion - the gamemode where you REALLY dish damage out - is with 5000ms, halway adequate. I would guess that a lot of people will get that goal after 20 matches. That is to 100% dependent on the groups you're in. And still a huge amount of time.

Pls adjust the numbers in scout mode - and if you're at it, tune the matchscore in scout mode according to the mission objectives. People are there to gather intel, not to fight.

And cut the numbers required for the invasion goals by roughly one third - this way you'll make a lot of your older customers happy, which have a family to spend time with - on top of other duties.

#19 3rdstorm

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 03:58 PM

Wow this event looks fantastic! Now if I can just figure out faction wars....

#20 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:00 PM

I'm very happy to see the event runs more than a whole week, but 30 invasion matches?!? I hope the wait time for a drop is short....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users