455 replies to this topic

#201 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 02 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

If you are on gather intel, the dropship will take off only under these conditions:

1. The timer has reached zero; or
2. All of the opposing team is dead and one of your team steps in the extraction zone.

Stepping in the zone does not trigger the extraction if any of the enemy are still alive.

If you met either of the above conditions and were not extracted, it was a bug which I personally have not experienced.

Ah ha. Okay. Thanks for straightening that out. I guess it was the first time any of us had tried to stealth it. When I've (we've) won this in the past, the gather team has wiped the defenders. (Or maybe the timer was so close to 0 that we didn't notice the difference.)

And just to make sure I'm not making assumptions (and hopefully not getting too far off topic)...
Can the drop zone be contested like a regular resource point/base?
Does being under fire or having an enemy in the zone prevent the gather team from winning?
And does Capture Accelerator work for intel beacons?

Thank you.

-paws

#202 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

View Postpaws2sky, on 02 May 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Can the drop zone be contested like a regular resource point/base?
Does being under fire or having an enemy in the zone prevent the gather team from winning?
And does Capture Accelerator work for intel beacons?

- No
- No - as has been pointed out, if you're alive when the timer reaches zero, and are inside the evac zone, you win. Despite taking fire.
- No - would be a mean bug, but haven't tried out. At least it SHOULDN'T work Posted Image

@regarding the "Oxide issue": I don't care much about Oxides of american players, but Oxides from "abroad" got their latency for them. If the combined latency of light versus attacker reaches beyond 200ms, the light - if not standing still or running straight - will soak up significantly more shots because less of your damage registers on it's hitboxes. So, it's not the Oxide in itself in my regard, but several things which come together, e.g. the fact that in CW/scouting, you're forced to play on canadian servers which ensures some player-matchups a high combined latency.

Edited by Kshat, 02 May 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#203 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

View PostKshat, on 02 May 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

- No
- No - as has been pointed out, if you're alive when the timer reaches zero, and are inside the evac zone, you win. Despite taking fire.

So a daring/skillful pilot (someone unlike myself *cough*) could conceivably zip into a drop zone full of defenders while under fire and score a win? That's pretty cool.

- No - would be a mean bug, but haven't tried out. At least it SHOULDN'T work Posted Image

The cap duration on data points is already pretty fast... might be tricky to compare times.

#204 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

After something like 15 hours of nothing but CW play (other than quick matches during ceasefires) I just hit the 60 scouting matches goal as well as the c-bills goal and lastnight the XP goal. I'm 13/30 on victories... 154/180 on Intel, 14/30 on KMDD, 57/60 KA, 7428/9000 DMG, 4695/7000 match score. I've also managed 14 invasion matches but only two were wins. Lastnight had FOUR LOSSES in a row on outreach with moron teams who stood around at choke points mainly never pushing even when we might have been ahead on kills, and never using the terrain & cover to flank. These events always seem to bring out the stupid new players.... anytime there's a faction war rewards anything... its poof...new numbers of stupidity.

Edited by Dee Eight, 02 May 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#205 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostTordin, on 02 May 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

Excuse me for not reading this whole thread, and for totally derialing it but how is that frail thing P2W? I have that mech, though not piloted it much. All I know that the hitboxes arent the best, the ammo is limited with all those SRM's sure it can bomb run poor assaults and the other classes. Also you better be good with lights to make it excel.
In short every mech might seem OP/ P2W if someone are just natural born pilots in them and kicks metal and punches internal all day long.

Some time ago I found, (yeah hold your wheels) that the Grey Death was kinda "OP" I mean, 4 x ml/ mpl + AC 10 and jj, even though with xl, I had a very easy time! It wasnt a P2W mech, was it? I just felt at home in that particular Shadow Hawks cockpit and blew other to bits in ease.

ON-TOPIC. PGI should reconsider their requirments for this event. 10 days is fine but ohoy, even then I guess alot of us dont have time for playing much each day. Us who have jobs, kids, wifes, and alot of other things besides gaming Posted Image
I know some power hardcore everyday gamer would disagree, but there you go.

Of course the Oxide will be much less effective with a pilot who is not familiar with the Mech and a loadout that is not optimal. Anyway, I should have prefaced my comment with "in FW Scouting mode".

#206 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 02 May 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

After something like 15 hours of nothing but CW play (other than quick matches during ceasefires) I just hit the 60 scouting matches goal as well as the c-bills goal and lastnight the XP goal. I'm 13/30 on victories... 154/180 on Intel, 14/30 on KMDD, 57/60 KA, 7428/9000 DMG, 4695/7000 match score. I've also managed 14 invasion matches but only two were wins. Lastnight had FOUR LOSSES in a row on outreach with moron teams who stood around at choke points mainly never pushing even when we might have been ahead on kills, and never using the terrain & cover to flank. These events always seem to bring out the stupid new players.... anytime there's a faction war rewards anything... its poof...new numbers of stupidity.

I don't know I seem to be doing fine and winning most matches. I have only played 52 scout matches so far and have 27 wins already. I have all the other goals reach except for intel. that one is the toughest by far. I only have 111 intel. I will have to play ten extra matches to get them all at my current rate I think.

I have also had hit or miss groups and some bugginess at times. Like for example we have 4 mechs on the extract zone and they have one (they must escape, we have to prevent) and they escape. And ironically when the reverse occurs my team never escapes. LOL

#207 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

One point about the Oxide is: why should this mech have structure quirks, when no other Jenner got them? Every other Jenner got a similar attack pattern (dash into short range, unload, retreat), so regardless of weapons loadout, if Jenners would need structure quirks, ALL OF THEM need them. And not only the $-chassis.

#208 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostKshat, on 02 May 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

One point about the Oxide is: why should this mech have structure quirks, when no other Jenner got them? Every other Jenner got a similar attack pattern (dash into short range, unload, retreat), so regardless of weapons loadout, if Jenners would need structure quirks, ALL OF THEM need them. And not only the $-chassis.

Like I said, it is the first Mech that I believe is "p2w".

#209 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:05 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 02 May 2016 - 11:03 AM, said:

stop playing alone. get a group and roll with them and things get way easier.

#210 Kaletti

• Pip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 11 posts
  • LocationYurope

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:37 AM

Out of the life of a solo loyalist: 7 Wins in 44 Matches = Great Game!!! Posted Image

*flame me now*

#211 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:14 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 03 May 2016 - 01:05 AM, said:

stop playing alone. get a group and roll with them and things get way easier.

...annndddd once again we're back to "Unit up or uninstall" point of view ignoring the solo's....Posted Image
Just don' believe that game mode should cater exclusively to units is all.

Edited by Morggo, 03 May 2016 - 05:15 AM.

#212 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:42 AM

Unit up with morons ? Oh great...because that's most of what I see from larger units during invasion matches (even when we had longtom support) came on teams with many from the same unit and as for scouting missions, the players I've seen clearly are only playing the missions because an event is running as they didn't grasp the already established meta towards medium brawlers...so they brought either long range configured ravens, or they were using the champion series trials mechs (and the trebuchet has dual LRM15s with only a pair of medium lasers for close in, and the vindicator has regular PPCs with a pair of mediums, so ok as long as you keep the range outside 90 meters) but clearly the players using these mechs don't understand the zero damage below the minimums for these long range weapons. I had ONE scout mission where one of the light drivers (and there were three) announced they should race to gather intel and leave me to fight alone, before we even dropped, and if they ran into trouble, lead it back to me (the guy in the griffin 2N). There was a raven with twin ERLL and ECM, a locust champ and a commando champ. This was for scouting vs clan players.They all died to the easily predictable streak-crow fest.

#213 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:05 AM

View PostMorggo, on 03 May 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

...annndddd once again we're back to "Unit up or uninstall" point of view ignoring the solo's....Posted Image

It doesn't, although your game experience will most likely be better if you join a unit, or you at least get on come with a unit and drop with them as a solo loyalist.

View PostDee Eight, on 03 May 2016 - 06:42 AM, said:

Unit up with morons ? Oh great...because that's most of what I see from larger units during invasion matches (even when we had longtom support) came on teams with many from the same unit and as for scouting missions, the players I've seen clearly are only playing the missions because an event is running as they didn't grasp the already established meta towards medium brawlers...so they brought either long range configured ravens, or they were using the champion series trials mechs (and the trebuchet has dual LRM15s with only a pair of medium lasers for close in, and the vindicator has regular PPCs with a pair of mediums, so ok as long as you keep the range outside 90 meters) but clearly the players using these mechs don't understand the zero damage below the minimums for these long range weapons. I had ONE scout mission where one of the light drivers (and there were three) announced they should race to gather intel and leave me to fight alone, before we even dropped, and if they ran into trouble, lead it back to me (the guy in the griffin 2N). There was a raven with twin ERLL and ECM, a locust champ and a commando champ. This was for scouting vs clan players.They all died to the easily predictable streak-crow fest.

Get on the FWLM Teamspeak server and fight FedRats with us then.

#214 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:29 AM

Unit up with morons ? Oh great...because that's most of what I see from larger units during invasion matches

Morons are in scout too. I played almost all my matches solo, but I guess I have been lucky with the groups I have been placed with. As I met all condition (except for intel gathering) in my 60 matches so far. I am only 34 away from that one after 60 though.

I will say there was a stretch of about 5 matches where I decided to group with a moron who thought he knew the best strategies and was convinced all Davions (who we were scouting against) were terrible players. At any rate his strategies did not work as we lost all 5 matches in abysmal fashion.

So I left and continued my winning ways in solo queue. LOL.

Moral of the story: Pugs can be idiots, but Groups can be just as bad, especially if there are know it all's who actually know nothing.

#215 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:59 AM

Any chance PGI will release stats like they did after Tukayyid?

#216 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:24 PM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 03 May 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

Any chance PGI will release stats like they did after Tukayyid?

After this "cluster-junk"? Who really cares? PGI couldn't even keep the Quick Play and 'FW/CW/FP' stats separated! :angry:

They've got a lot to fix at this point, and they had better fix it soon. Not doing so is causing them to bleed players. <_<

Heck, I'm only back due to reasons not of the game itself. Pesky Real Life People... :(

~D. V. "Bleh...Stats are worthless now." Devnull

#217 Docta Pain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:34 PM

I'm going to post here, where it has no chance of making any difference whatsoever, that I detest the scouting challenge structure for minimum score in victories. I'm playing and winning 14 out of 18 matches, while gathering a ton of intel points, yet I have only 4 qualifying victories due to a minimum match score constraint. Yes, yes, I know I could play to the challenge, but that would be playing against the game mode itself. I find this deeply flawed. I am CRUSHING the scouting game mode, but it doesn't reward me for it, it just wants me to srmbrawl and be happy with it. I'm not. This concludes my rant. Now someone can rant about their own thing or create a constructive post.

#218 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 07:44 PM

They all died to the easily predictable streak-crow fest.

I don't know about what people you went up against but if I drop in a crow as a scout, I never bring streaks. I can in fact kill faster with SRMs than streaks. That applies to killing lights as well.

I just couldn't understand why the whining about streakcrows, they are useless.

#219 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

View PostMorggo, on 03 May 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

grp =/= unit. is that sooo hard to understand?

And no its not, unit up or UNINTSALL.

its simply group up or accept that you have a disadvantage.
Since over a decade people manage to get into dungeon groups with a healer and a tank in various MMO's. For some reason MWO, doesn't even requires healers and tanks and people still deny the will to group up.

That full or nothing mentality of players like you is one of the issues many pilots have.

Edited by Lily from animove, 04 May 2016 - 06:38 AM.

#220 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:54 AM

If it wasn't for the event, i wouldn't be playing faction warfare anymore. And the worst, i don't think a stand a chance of getting any of the free mechs. I'm currently concentrating on scouting, and it seem i would need around 180 games to complete all challenges.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users