Prove Your Allegiance 2

455 replies to this topic

#41 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

Holy Christ! The time required to maximize all of these is insane!

Come on, PGI! We all have jobs, and lives, and need to sleep! And not all of us in our teams are on 24/7! Come on!

Reward threshold requirement is way too high, especially considering that we now have to split our time between Invasion versus Scouting! Gimme a break!

#42 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 28 April 2016 - 06:55 PM, said:

Each sell is a 50% loss of value in cbills.

letting them have 8 bays from the get go, prevents them from trying FW prematurely (to farm rank2 mechabys). Also, with the sheer number of available chassis right now, it makes it possible for them to plan a nice drop deck.... without having to sell everything anytime they want to master a new mech

I didn't say it was an efficient use of c-bills. Just noting it's possible to eventually get 4 different mastered mech with only 4 bays.

I had come close to doing this b4 the wipe, and without the bonus's and nice trials there are now. Of course it was a totally different game back then too. LOL

*SHRUGS* REP YOUR FACTION ANYWAYS! IT WILL BE A GOOD TIME!

Edited by Omaha, 28 April 2016 - 07:17 PM.

#43 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 28 April 2016 - 03:32 PM, said:

You can't pay me enough to play even 1 of those silly scout missions as IS pilot. Nice job giving the Clans their own little private gamemode.

Stick your rewards where the sun doesn't shine PGI

Dude, you are aware that SCR's get their face pushed in fairly regularly right? On intel gather go fast and spread out ... play keep away. Pretty easy. On Defense ... well if they run Crows its fairly easy for IS to crush them. It is hardly auto win for the clans.

View PostNavid A1, on 28 April 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Well, nice event.

Since I have the same or better versions of those grand prizes sitting in my mechbay ( (I) instead of (C) ). There is not much incentive for me to play Torture warfare... um faction warfare i mean.

If you think i'm going to play with hordes of LRM20 trials in more than a hundred matches... only to be tortured, think again.
happy waiting!

Why so salty?

Maybe because PGI should change the rules to FW a bit.
I just don't know through what channel i should tell them that 4 empty mechbays per new accounts is so 2012 when the game only had 5 mechs.
Give new accounts 8 mechbays and instead make having 4 OWNED mechs as a requirement to play FW.

As long as you just want to flood the FW mode with any and every player out there... it WON'T WORK!... those people will run away after their first FW match and never come back!

How hard is it to understand PGI?
you need players.

Paulconomy was designed to torture us whales and BT fans. We are going to play your game no matter how much you torture us.
However the average gamer that you game need so much is going to run away if you torture them.

I am for the general gist of this. The whales are already here. We bought in early. HOw about easing off the prices to get new players hooked more easily.

#44 MegaBopper

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

Please fix the "rules" link at the end of the post so it no longer gives a 404 error?
Thank you.

#45 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:33 PM

Nice prizes!

#46 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

View PostKshat, on 28 April 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

Some of those numbers reflect an insane amount of time which has to be played. And on top of it. I can easily see loads of people which have almost everything finished to 2/3 or something like that because these goals don't build up that nicely.

For example, my last scout matches I finished with ~50 to 150 damage done - it simply is not your objective to splash damage in a scout match, it is to gather intel and escape. To accumulate 9000 Damage.... I could kill roughly 90 lights with that number. Won't happen, srsly.

Match score is a thing, too. Someone in Canada failed to credit those gathering Intel with matchscore. So, I have to run around, collect my intel, and then start to chase the enemy in order to get enough matchscore - because even in scout mode, matchscore is 90% dependent on damage done.
Usually I don't care, a win is a win, but during the next weeks it will transform the more or less unique gamemode of scouting in another skirmish-deathballfestival. Well done, wrecking the first really different gamemode you implemented since the beginning of the beta.

On the other side, the required matchscore in Invasion - the gamemode where you REALLY dish damage out - is with 5000ms, halway adequate. I would guess that a lot of people will get that goal after 20 matches. That is to 100% dependent on the groups you're in. And still a huge amount of time.

Pls adjust the numbers in scout mode - and if you're at it, tune the matchscore in scout mode according to the mission objectives. People are there to gather intel, not to fight.

And cut the numbers required for the invasion goals by roughly one third - this way you'll make a lot of your older customers happy, which have a family to spend time with - on top of other duties.

The matchscore, kill most damage and damage challenges seem a bit nonsensical to me for Scout missions. I love gather intel missions because it can be a game of wits and I have no problem getting minimal rewards if I can get maximum intel points. Hmmm, sounds like an excellent way to grief the protect intel guys (other than on River City)

I also wonder how players in less populated factions/time zones and freelancers are going to be able to have any chance of doing all of the challenges?

PGI, how about resetting all loyalties/contracts AGAIN so we can all just join one faction on both sides and have a chance to actually do all the challenges?

#47 CurryFluff

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:22 PM

The conditions for scouting needs some tweaking.
Kills, Kill most damage dealt and minimum game score for wins.
Just bcoz, we play for objectives in scouting?

Anyways, getting some free stuff is always fun. Grand prize will be a grind and i choose not to do it. The lower tier rewards are good too though and i will settle for that.

#48 Levon K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 324 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 April 2016 - 09:42 PM

I'll wait until there is a better solution for the Solo Loyalist option.

#49 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:19 PM

Will the choice wether to get an IS or a Clan mech as grand prize be up to the player or will that be determined by the contract active at the time of the "cash in" of the reward?
And will the choice be one per weight class of the qualified grand prize or one per grand prize?

And yes, I am greedy. :)

Edited by Diddi Doedel, 28 April 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#50 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:21 PM

Finally a FW event. Nice prizes!

#51 MrGraysonCarlyle

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEdewecht, Germany

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

Thanks for the nice event ... it was about time! I´m really looking foreward playing the event!

Please consider to lower the conditions. You have an "old" community and most of us have jobs, children and wifes. I don´t want to complain. This is just my opinion.

#52 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:32 PM

Good rewards but the time investment is absurd.

#53 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:36 PM

Seems like a nice event, but I don't understand one thing: why the hell are they offering the Mist Lynx as a prize? It should be the other way around - if you FAIL to achieve the event objectives, you'll be given a Mist Lynx and forced to play it exclusively for a week, or something like that :D

#54 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:40 PM

Free stuff is good.

The need to win 15 Invasion Matches is a bit onerous though, and too subject to getting drop after drop against large organised units who will farm their way through anything less than other 12-mans.

Also, the Scouting minimum match score may be too high, given it requires scouts to deal damage to make it (huh?)

But hey, I'll give it a go.

#55 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:44 PM

100 MC for 15 hours lol

#56 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:53 PM

Great event, great rewards and yet the whine has started even before the first page was filled

View PostNavid A1, on 28 April 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Well, nice event.

Since I have the same or better versions of those grand prizes sitting in my mechbay ( (I) instead of (C) ). There is not much incentive for me to play Torture warfare... um faction warfare i mean.

If you think i'm going to play with hordes of LRM20 trials in more than a hundred matches... only to be tortured, think again.
happy waiting!

Why so salty?

Maybe because PGI should change the rules to FW a bit.
I just don't know through what channel i should tell them that 4 empty mechbays per new accounts is so 2012 when the game only had 5 mechs.
Give new accounts 8 mechbays and instead make having 4 OWNED mechs as a requirement to play FW.

As long as you just want to flood the FW mode with any and every player out there... it WON'T WORK!... those people will run away after their first FW match and never come back!

How hard is it to understand PGI?
you need players.

Paulconomy was designed to torture us whales and BT fans. We are going to play your game no matter how much you torture us.
However the average gamer that you game need so much is going to run away if you torture them.

I kind of agree 4 isn't enough for the new guys we joined it before FW/CW was a thing

#57 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostCathy, on 28 April 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

Great event, great rewards and yet the whine has started even before the first page was filled
-snip-

When even PGI's event incentivises playing Skirmish, I do not think a little whine is unjustified Posted Image

.... especially for a game mode that can be won without firing a single shot.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 29 April 2016 - 12:00 AM.

#58 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:11 AM

Any lonewolf Founders out there who need assistance, hit me up!

#59 Monodominant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 113 posts
  • LocationWarsaw, Poland

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:52 AM

The level of whinning in this thread is reaching over 9000...

Sheesh people. They are promoting the new phase.

A ) Noone is forcing you to play. So complaining 'PLAYING IS TAKING TOO MUCH TIME' is among the most entitled, first world problems ever.

B ) Complaining about free stuff is even more lame and first world problem... 'oh look, I was going to play and have fun and now they went ahead and gave me free stuff on top of it... but not the free stuff I wanted... whine whine *****!'

Last night, after the hotfix I got 4 matches back to back. I was soloing (well, in a unit but PUGing FW) and had good fun. I only wish the event started yesterday. Honestly matches dont really take 30 minutes... many finished around minute 20 or less... only one of them was a stomp (faced full MS).

If you dont like the rewards, dont play for them... play cause you know... playing is fun and see what you FREE STUFF you manage to get.

If you dont think the game is fun to play... then why the hell are you even here? To make yourself and other miserable? To lament about lore, balance and I dont know what else and pat each other in the back as you stroke your entitled neck beards?

FFS. grow up.

Edited by Monodominant, 29 April 2016 - 12:52 AM.

#60 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:06 AM

hm so an event for unemployed people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users