Battletech Manga

9 replies to this topic

#1 ghost of char

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

Hi, I'm a self proclaimed comic artist, I'm a 34 years old male, I lived in Indonesia, and I have practiced making comic since 2005, so yeah, but until now I haven't found my form, but I have a huge interest in MWO, and battletech universe in general, and I was thinking perhaps I can make a manga about battletech, the style is japanese manga, with huge eyes and unproporsional body size and form, but I will use the real mechs from MWO, which Mauler MX-90 will become the main mech for the protagonist. The story is about a boy, who really hate his planet were about to be taken into a hostage by the clanners, so he rebels and let's see how it evolves.....so if anyone interested in making the manga with me, just reply or contact or send messages to me, I'll be starting to write the manga tomorrow, since now is 9:43 PM in my country and I want to go to sleep. I hope I can get this done.

#2 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

Hm, as long as you don't intend to sell it to a site or charge it it might be nice :) , as licensing this would be though.

#3 Prc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 189 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

GL!

#4 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:32 AM

only problem is that mechs from mwo are not the real mechs, they are as they say a recreation, nothing more than that.

I have a link to the battletech mechs made by artist in Japan not all of them are pretty but I have used them in my kitbashes for mechs that I had posted on S7 and would I think match the artistic design style you will be using.

or better yet mechs found on Sarna as those are canon in their truest form.

#5 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostVinJade, on 02 May 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

only problem is that mechs from mwo are not the real mechs, they are as they say a recreation, nothing more than that.

I have a link to the battletech mechs made by artist in Japan not all of them are pretty but I have used them in my kitbashes for mechs that I had posted on S7 and would I think match the artistic design style you will be using.

or better yet mechs found on Sarna as those are canon in their truest form.

I dunno man...The newer designs in MWO look better in my opinion. The drawings in Gears just dont look right to me. Sarna's Mechs look good maybe back in the 80s but the newer designs just look better to me.

#6 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

I have to respectfully disagree about the Canon mechs Vs the nonCanon mwo mechs.
to start off they are not right to scale(they have to fix, what 99% of the mechs in the game to get them to the right scale?), some seem to lose some their personality compared to their canon counterparts.

as to the Japanese style I did say that not all of them was pretty Posted Image

Edited by VinJade, 02 May 2016 - 10:30 AM.

#7 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

View PostVinJade, on 02 May 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

I have to respectfully disagree about the Canon mechs Vs the nonCanon mwo mechs.
to start off they are not right to scale(they have to fix, what 99% of the mechs in the game to get them to the right scale?), some seem to lose some their personality compared to their canon counterparts.

as to the Japanese style I did say that not all of them was pretty Posted Image

Non-Canon? Which ones are Non-Canon?

#8 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

Eh I do like the Japanese ones but to be honest I have been playing Armored Core for almost as long as MechWarrior, and I really do love the look of ACs in general.

That said I feel like the modern/military look of the Battlemechs on sarna (or the MWO redesigns) fit the sense of MW better than the AC inspired ones by Gears.

Still think they're cool for what they are tho.

#9 ghost of char

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:48 PM

View PostMason West, on 02 May 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Eh I do like the Japanese ones but to be honest I have been playing Armored Core for almost as long as MechWarrior, and I really do love the look of ACs in general.

That said I feel like the modern/military look of the Battlemechs on sarna (or the MWO redesigns) fit the sense of MW better than the AC inspired ones by Gears.

Still think they're cool for what they are tho.

well, to think that the modern realistic models of mechs on MWO brought a challenge to anyone who wants to create a comics/ manga about it.

but I thought about it again, and I wanna make a twin brothers, thieves, on the desert, like bandit, using two cicadas. this will be interesting.

#10 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

@Dom
any one of the machines they changed in terms of looks are not canon unless stated otherwise by Herb, Loren, ect.
if they say they are canon then they are, if the redesign are not seen as canon then they are not.

it is a simple as that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users