Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:38 AM

Posted Image

HCT-3F Hatchetman

3rd Hussar's, Free Rasalhague Republic

Source
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatchetman

Camo
http://camospecs.com.../88/3rd-hussars

It has been awhile since I did any Battletech art, been real busy at work, but I had 2 days sick leave, so yay! Hope you guys like my Hatchetman rendition. Hopefully I get to do more, maybe on my next day off! :)

Older Work
https://www.mechspec...as-hangar.3429/

DeviantArt
http://giorgioespinos.deviantart.com/

Edited by Soku Yamashita, 30 April 2016 - 08:09 AM.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Looks absolutely gorgeous.

#3 Soku Yamashita

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

Thank you! :D

#4 Elrik Stormbringer

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:35 AM

Looks great. You did an awesome job. My only critique would be to beef up the hand on the left arm a bit, those pincers look too delicate.

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

Great piece...though hard to keep track of you as often as you change names!

View PostElrik Stormbringer, on 30 April 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

Looks great. You did an awesome job. My only critique would be to beef up the hand on the left arm a bit, those pincers look too delicate.

Well, and if one wants to be super picky, the HCT actually has both hands, and the hatchet is essentially hand held. Still, artistic license and all. Looks great.

#6 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:02 PM

Excellent work!

#7 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:37 PM

Id pilot that Hatchetman in the game even if I couldnt use the hatchet.
That is one sick version.

#8 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:09 PM

Looks amazing. wish I was that artistic.

just don't like the Dark Age style hatchet arm. like the classic hatchet in hand.

or this one

Posted Image

#9 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:28 AM

I love the Hatchetman, I wish they could incorporate the physical attack into the game for Melee weapons. I repainted the original art work. I would love to see an updated version.
Posted Image

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 07:39 AM

hatchetman was one of the first mechs i loved in the TRO. It was the first mini I ever bought (followed by the battlemaster) Man I wish I hadn't sold them all off, sometimes.

#11 Soku Yamashita

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:00 AM

Ive never had the Hatchetman nor the Axman... speaking of minis... i should dust off mine.. but first i got to find them.

#12 WANTED

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 611 posts
  • LocationFt. Worth, TX

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:06 AM

Same here. I had a mini painted figure of the Hatcheman. I had it forest camo color. One of the better paint jobs I did when I was a teenager. Wish we had this mech in the game :( It's one of my favorites. I've been working on a 3D model awhile back but needs more detail and some adjustments before I post here.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostWANTED, on 02 May 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Same here. I had a mini painted figure of the Hatcheman. I had it forest camo color. One of the better paint jobs I did when I was a teenager. Wish we had this mech in the game Posted Image It's one of my favorites. I've been working on a 3D model awhile back but needs more detail and some adjustments before I post here.

mine was black with red highlights, very much a Black Widow Company ripoff, lol. But dang did I love the heck out of that paper armored mech.

Still got the original TRO where the HCT came with 14 SHS, and the Hatchet didn't weigh anythign because they hadn't added special rules for them yet. Thankfully the HCT was prodigiously over-sinked, so losing 3 for the hatchet in the revision didn't matter. I usually would pull the 4th sink too, if allowed for a ton more armor.

Now I wan't to draw Loose's version, but with my modified City Hunter payload.
Posted Image

Only mods from my original is the use of .5 ton MG ammo in each arm, instead of the original 1 ton in the RT (old rules didn't allow for .5 tons of ammo)

Kind of want to dust it off now.

#14 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:30 AM

that hatchetman looks really freakin badass. Nice job :)

#15 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

The Hatchetman is GROSS - what sort of monster would want this mech in the game?

#16 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 03 May 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

The Hatchetman is GROSS - what sort of monster would want this mech in the game?

did i just hear you of all people, say that? :P

#17 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:42 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 03 May 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

I think Dawnstealer saying this is a sign of the apocalypse. Yup pretty sure of it.

#18 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:28 AM

Awesome concept art sir! The hatchet integrated into the arm is a great idea.

#19 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:47 AM

View PostSoku Yamashita, on 30 April 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

HCT-3F Hatchetman

Source
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatchetman

When I came in contact with the BT universe in 1990 I pretty swiftly got my first TRO 3025 and of course I was immediatly hocked with the Hatchetman. It was part the design, part the background stories around it and of course the awesome art by Loose. I had myself a TShirt printed with it and I waited for weeks to get my TT miniature. It's nature as a melee weapon carrying Mech was of course an issue with about every rendition of a computer game and even in todays MWO it seems farther than ever. Or is it?

Your design (although I would make the left hand more massive) is plain awesome and very much in the design language of MWO whilst still being incredibly close to the Lore. Truly great!

Since I really really (really really) want the Hatchetman in MWO but being still aware of the issues with physical combat I was thinking about how the Hatchetman and others like him (Axeman, ...) within the timeframe (<3053) could be implemented without breaking the current mechanics too much. Here's what I thought about introducing melee weapons:

It would be a weapon that would require an elbow and an arm actuator (aaand there go 2 slots) and it would require a sigificant amount of tonnage and slots (lore for the Hatchetman would state 3 crits and 3t). PGI could probably even fixate the weapon like some Mechs have built-in MASC systems that can’t be removed. Additionally PGI could create 1 or 2 variants, where you could remove the hatchet or change sides. You know. It's them lefties ;-) (needs one to know one ...).

The weapon would have a certain range like any other weapon, but just a friggin small one like, let's say, 8-10m.

The impact model would be like that of any other pinpoint weapon and would simply follow the target indicator of an arm mounted weapon, e.g. an energy or a (non-LBX) ballistic weapon. I would reduce the crit hit probabilty massively, when the arm would be hitting a target on the opposite side

Since the melee weapon should not become a OP weapon, I would mildly nerf it’s usage by a certain time to pass from trigger to impact (like 1 – 1.5 sec) and by a significant reload time in the range of heavy class weapons (e.g. >LRM10, >AC10).

Heck, I would so pay big bucks to see that one come alive. And maybe it's brother: the Axman. A heavy brawler if there ever was one. That would be a picture for the gods: A Hatchetman and an Axman casualy posing next to each other like to up-to-no-good buddies ;-)

#20 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostThomster, on 30 August 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

When I came in contact with the BT universe in 1990 I pretty swiftly got my first TRO 3025 and of course I was immediatly hocked with the Hatchetman. It was part the design, part the background stories around it and of course the awesome art by Loose. I had myself a TShirt printed with it and I waited for weeks to get my TT miniature. It's nature as a melee weapon carrying Mech was of course an issue with about every rendition of a computer game and even in todays MWO it seems farther than ever. Or is it?

Your design (although I would make the left hand more massive) is plain awesome and very much in the design language of MWO whilst still being incredibly close to the Lore. Truly great!

Since I really really (really really) want the Hatchetman in MWO but being still aware of the issues with physical combat I was thinking about how the Hatchetman and others like him (Axeman, ...) within the timeframe (<3053) could be implemented without breaking the current mechanics too much. Here's what I thought about introducing melee weapons:

It would be a weapon that would require an elbow and an arm actuator (aaand there go 2 slots) and it would require a sigificant amount of tonnage and slots (lore for the Hatchetman would state 3 crits and 3t). PGI could probably even fixate the weapon like some Mechs have built-in MASC systems that can’t be removed. Additionally PGI could create 1 or 2 variants, where you could remove the hatchet or change sides. You know. It's them lefties ;-) (needs one to know one ...).

The weapon would have a certain range like any other weapon, but just a friggin small one like, let's say, 8-10m.

The impact model would be like that of any other pinpoint weapon and would simply follow the target indicator of an arm mounted weapon, e.g. an energy or a (non-LBX) ballistic weapon. I would reduce the crit hit probabilty massively, when the arm would be hitting a target on the opposite side

Since the melee weapon should not become a OP weapon, I would mildly nerf it’s usage by a certain time to pass from trigger to impact (like 1 – 1.5 sec) and by a significant reload time in the range of heavy class weapons (e.g. >LRM10, >AC10).

Heck, I would so pay big bucks to see that one come alive. And maybe it's brother: the Axman. A heavy brawler if there ever was one. That would be a picture for the gods: A Hatchetman and an Axman casualy posing next to each other like to up-to-no-good buddies ;-)

You know what this could mean? HATAMOTO-CHI.........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users