14 replies to this topic

#1 MoonShaman

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 20 posts
  • LocationShetland Isles

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

Just had the biggest butt-heads for a Bravo and Cahrlie Lance in my last game (Conquest, Mining Collective) to the point where they SHOT me for simply being a light mech. I've blocked them and even marked their names to remember SHOULD I end up in more games with them.

Reporting players does SFA I've learned. So, what else CAN be done considering I just had a hellish experince with a bunch of butt-heads who couldn't simply PLAY.

#2 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

on the scoreboard you can click their name and there is a Report feature.

I believe you can also email support@mwomercs.com.

Good job on not naming them on the forums--that would've been a violation of COC.

#3 Tor Jorgensson

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

If you know what unit they are in, you can sometimes also find the unit leaders on the faction forums and report the behavior to them, if it seems to violate any unit rules that you can determine.

I know some units have expectations for behavior for their unit members, and some unit COs would want to be informed if their members were being dillholes.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostMoonShaman, on 30 April 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

HIt TAB and hold it.
Use mouse to highlight name.
Never used the feature so no idea what happens next.

#5 MoonShaman

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 20 posts
  • LocationShetland Isles

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:33 PM

View PostTor Jorgensson, on 30 April 2016 - 05:11 PM, said:

If you know what unit they are in, you can sometimes also find the unit leaders on the faction forums and report the behavior to them, if it seems to violate any unit rules that you can determine.

I know some units have expectations for behavior for their unit members, and some unit COs would want to be informed if their members were being dillholes.

OH! That's good to know as almost all were in units. although how do I find their Units?

Edited by MoonShaman, 30 April 2016 - 06:06 PM.

#6 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:44 PM

View PostMoonShaman, on 30 April 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

OH! That's good to know as almost all were in units. although how do I find their Units?

The brackets before the pilot name with (up to) 4 characters in is the unit tag. The larger and infamous units are usually easy to figure out.
Many larger units also hold their players to an internal code of conduct.

#7 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:45 AM

View PostMoonShaman, on 30 April 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Just had the biggest butt-heads for a Bravo and Cahrlie Lance in my last game (Conquest, Mining Collective) to the point where they SHOT me for simply being a light mech. I've blocked them and even marked their names to remember SHOULD I end up in more games with them.

Reporting players does SFA I've learned. So, what else CAN be done considering I just had a hellish experince with a bunch of butt-heads who couldn't simply PLAY.

reporting players does not do nothing, if a player receives enough reports inside a fixed timeframe (I do not know what the threshold or timeframe is but I have seen a few forum threads where people were enquiring about it after receiving 3 day bans) he/she automaticity receives a short term ban, if he/she then continues getting reported longer term or permanent bans are likely to follow, however a single person reporting someone once will not do anything.

if a player does more than I think 70 team damage or gets a team kill they have to wait a certain amount of time before being able to launch the match, 1 penalty is 10 seconds between clicking launch and being able to launch, a second within 4 hours is I think 5 minutes, a third is 10 minutes, 4th is 20, 5th is an hour. only once have I been in a group where someone got the teamkill penalty since that went in a few months ago, and that was for an allied Mech which ran in front of him half way through a laser burn.

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:09 AM

^ you get an email warning before a temp ban

#9 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:09 AM

Honestly, reporting them to PGI is your best option. Getting kicked out of a unit may not be that big of a deal for many players because they can always join another unit. Getting banned on a short term basis from the game however tends to do one of two things:

1) The player learns their lesson and straightens up.

-- or --

2) The player doesn't learn their lesson and eventually gets permabanned from the game.

Granted, no one is stopping them from creating another account, but that can be a costly option if the player has any money spent on this game.

Edited by mailin, 16 May 2016 - 08:39 PM.

#10 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:21 AM

View Postmailin, on 01 May 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

Honestly, reporting them to PGI is your best option. Getting kicked out of a unit may not be that big of a deal for many players because they can always join another unit. Getting banned on a short term basis from the game however tends to do one of two things:

1) The player learns their lesson and straightens up.

-- or --

2) The player doesn't learn their lesson and eventually gets permabanned from the game.

Granted, no one is stopping them from creating another account, but that can be a costly option if the player has any mone spent on this game.

Getting them kicked out of a unit is a pretty big deal for the unit in question, as most of them do not want players giving them a bad reputation. Report them to their unit leader(s) and they'll either straighten up or eventually run out of respectable units willing to tolerate them.

#11 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:42 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 01 May 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

Getting them kicked out of a unit is a pretty big deal for the unit in question, as most of them do not want players giving them a bad reputation. Report them to their unit leader(s) and they'll either straighten up or eventually run out of respectable units willing to tolerate them.

I agree that it's a big deal for the unit, but not so much for the offending player.

#12 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:51 AM

View Postmailin, on 01 May 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

I agree that it's a big deal for the unit, but not so much for the offending player.

That's reason enough to do it.

#13 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostMoonShaman, on 30 April 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

There's no in-game feature to find unit leaders, unfortunately.

This sheet used to be pretty comprehensive in at least finding the unit name and a contact person, but doesn't have the teamspeak addresses. Also not sure how up-to-date it remains: https://docs.google....#gid=1428026955

If that list doesn't get you what you need, you could ask here and the community could help you find them. Careful not to name and shame, though. Simply asking, "Hey, what unit is "XXXX" and does anyone know their teamspeak address?" would be fine and we could point you to the right place.

Well, maybe... There's a lot of new units these days with the changes in Faction Play. But someone will know most of the bigger, more active units in the game.

Also, a few units will wear your salty tears as a badge of honor. Be ready to not get the reaction you are expecting. But, in general, most units don't want their members acting like a-holes in game and will do "something" if they get a legitimate complaint. They may ask for screenshots or other proof of the behavior, though. They may not just take you at your word.

#14 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 08:20 AM

there is nothing against the rules for posting in general forums asking "who should i talk to about units BLA, BLAA, and BLE". If they are any sort of active unit people will know.. If not then they are most likely solo units or very small.

#15 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:07 AM

View Postmailin, on 01 May 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

Most unit apps ask if you've ever been in another MWO unit.

And unit leaders are a social group, as a rule. They talk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users