63 replies to this topic

#61 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostGigashot, on 04 May 2016 - 06:18 AM, said:

Take this with a grain of salt because I realize I don't have the level of experience of a lot of you.

But this is kind of embarrassing. A fellow Clan Unit refusing to play cause it's not their way? Where is your pride man.

Tom is good, but not that good. I've won matches against it. I've lost matches with it. I've had it, and had it only kill friendly fire targets. And that's okay. It requires opposing teams to adapt their strategy (we cant just deathball camp this corner indefinitely now?) and adds some RNG to matches, so that the often 12-man IS Unit doesn't always smash through the rag-tag patchwork Clan company. It's hard to obtain, and makes Scouting valuable and camaraderie between Scouts and the main force.

Should they increase the cooldown? Maybe. But removal? No. I think the benefits outweigh the negatives.
raising a valid concern for a no skill insta death mechanic isn't crying. It's bringing up a valid concern that makes people want to spend their time
Doing something else. We win over 80-90 percent of our scout missions and still get out zerged on the long Tom. Nobody is dropping invasions. It's not about pride, it's a freaking game. It's about utilizing the time with my guys effectively. It's no fun for anyone dealing with an insta death mechanic instead of letter the players decide the match. Skill on skill. Not because of the long Tom. If you valued your teams time you would see that.

#62 DeathEagle

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:29 PM

As above. There is a unique strategy I've begun drilling into my unit, the VWG, and also sharing with allied CW units, which every time I play it; works like a charm and the enemy forces utterly crumble when we invade a planet.

#63 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 02 May 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

Were good at range 700 to 300 meters. Inside of that Inner sphere owns us with your better heat scaling and better alpha strikes.

I will let you bring an Atlas to a fight, I will bring a Timber Wolf brawler. I will kick your A**. Clans not good at brawling, just because you cannot do something do not assume others cant.

#64 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:11 PM

Is your TBR a splatWolf? Many Is mechs have all the advantages vs you if not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users