10 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:29 PM

What the title says , been waiting 4 years for this game to reach CW phase 3 and i'm done with quick play.

I don't care if it's on the top ones or not , just want to be on a mercenary active team and that's all...never cared about names , participate on tournaments , MRBC or other leagues....hell.....i just discovered the leaderboards yesterday.

If it's a minor one with the ambition of beating the living &%$# of the big ones then that would be better. Never liked the idea of becoming a mindless meta one trick ponny playing the same builds day after day but Tier 2 is really pushing my limits when it comes to having fun with my own builds and mechs.

Edited by Mad Strike, 30 April 2016 - 11:35 PM.

#2 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:54 PM

View PostMad Strike, on 30 April 2016 - 11:29 PM, said:

Tier 2 is really pushing my limits when it comes to having fun with my own builds and mechs.

Well then CW is not for you, theres 4 mech with a specific build that you can play or be a burden for your team. Here is what you are expected to field.

#3 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

View PostDAYLEET, on 30 April 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

Well then CW is not for you, theres 4 mech with a specific build that you can play or be a burden for your team. Here is what you are expected to field.

Hmnmm checking the list and i have at least 3 from each tier category.
This is funny , people was telling me that dual large pulse laser shadow cat was bad even when it gave me good results.

Game's been telling me since i got into middle tier 2 "ey pal , time to go full throtle , no more fun builds"

Guess is morphing time , gonna give a deep look into that list

Thanks for sharing it.

Edited by Mad Strike, 01 May 2016 - 12:08 AM.

#4 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:15 AM

I'm not a merc but I'd bet you could find a match if you look through this.
http://mwomercs.com/...ons-merc-corps/

#5 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:55 AM

For some, CW is all meta, all the time, but for others not so much.

I often deviate from the meta - but I believe the larger consideration is to build within the bounds of what you, and your team, are trying to accomplish for a given map. Build in that direction, in general, and you will not go far wrong.

Creativity has it's place in CW as well. Build something new that works, and you become the new meta.

#6 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostMad Strike, on 01 May 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

This is funny , people was telling me that dual large pulse laser shadow cat was bad even when it gave me good results.

Game's been telling me since i got into middle tier 2 "ey pal , time to go full throtle , no more fun builds"

Thanks for sharing it.

I misinterpreted your first statement, i thought you didnt like that you felt more pressure in T2. Well then, CW IS for you, i highly suggest that you join a guild, theres a section on the forum for that. I actually had fun when i happened to drop with a big group who had a leader with a voice he could share with pubs. Choosing one would be the hard part. Good luck.

#7 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

View PostMad Strike, on 01 May 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

Thanks for sharing it.

Eh, I look at the meta comp lists the same way I look at cars for autocross.

Do I want to dedicate the time and effort to mastering whatever the "best" car/mech (typically placed in the wrong class/buffed with quirks) or one that is legitimately fun to drive?

Way I figure it... if I'm not having fun... well I might save my money and go to work instead lol

#8 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 01 May 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

Eh, I look at the meta comp lists the same way I look at cars for autocross.

Do I want to dedicate the time and effort to mastering whatever the "best" car/mech (typically placed in the wrong class/buffed with quirks) or one that is legitimately fun to drive?

Way I figure it... if I'm not having fun... well I might save my money and go to work instead lol

So.....which car are you autocrossing?

#9 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:53 PM

View PostCrotch RockIt, on 01 May 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

So.....which car are you autocrossing?

At the moment none since I'm between engineering jobs (where's my will engineer for money sign), but I've used my 1969 AMX (which I'm eventually gonna make more into a GT car with luxuries like air conditioning lol) and a Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX over the last decade or so. Completely outclassed in every which way but I have had so much fun that as far as I'm concerned I'm the winner.

Next car I do will probably be an MR2 with a V6 swap, a SR20DET powered datsun 240z or 510, or maybe a V8 powered RX7 depending on how much the next gig pays, garage space, etc. None of which should really be hard so much as expensive and time consuming lol.

#10 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

Foxes are recruiting, we switch monthly.

Welcome peak in on us.

Sorry for the nubsticks putting stuff nothing do with what you're after in here.

#11 Forrest_3

• PipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSkye

Posted 06 May 2016 - 02:54 AM

PM sent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users