The Truly Best Time For Time Jump! (New Factions, Mechs, Weapons, And So Much More!)

72 replies to this topic

#21 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 May 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Pfft.

Jump to 3145. Tons more tech on the table, more mechs, way better balance, and you want to talk about more lanes and factions?

Posted Image

I'd say that I just threw up in my mouth, but truth to tell, the thought of playing dark age is enough to induce projectile vomiting.

#22 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

More doesnt mean the game will get any better. The addition of more factions, regardless of bucketing them with their "Allies" isnt something we need cause this game's low population.

New tech / weapons will just brings more unbalancing to the current "meh" balancing currently. New mechs is good but more power creep. The mixing of clan and IS mechs and weapons pretty much just shatter one side having their toys and the other having theirs.

Jumping the time would be a monumental task and in my opinion would rather stay focused for now on whats going on currently.

Edited by LastKhan, 01 May 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#23 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

Let's do nothing and let the game keep stagnating sounds like a great plan.

Okay, so lets go ahead and hit the fast forward button and mess up everything PGI has tried to do with balancing and just inject massive implications that im sure PGI has not even begun to even talk about. They just finished CW3 give it some time to simmer and be tweaked with a bit before moving onto a massive overhaul of stuff.

#24 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 04:29 PM, said:

It's their decision. They can gamble that people won't leave due to stale gameplay, or leave becuse "new content" messed up balance (which is subjective) that was never achieved. We've had all this tech in the game for about 2 years now? People still claim their is no balance. Others claim it's fine.

Who's right? Who's wrong?

PGI's choice.

I will be playing doom so I've already moved on.

indeed it is their decision. Ive always said the whole quirking process can be done a little better if it was more on a regular basis and not when they feel like doing it. Also i already know this game will never be 100% balanced but small increments can nudge it bit closer to something more substantial. Its funny we had reg clan AC's for years and nothing has been done to them but you guys wanna just jump forward and just add to the pile of useless weaponry.

Doom's nice but not my kind of game.

#25 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

This game has about 4 more years of life IF PGI plays their cards correctly. At your suggested rate of adding content the new tech wouldn't be here till the end of its life cycle, then what would be the point?

I already gave my feedback.

I've already left because the game is boring, I tired of waiting for my mech, and they backpedaled on the engine update...

I've moved on, your position is you're ok with the current game. That's that.

4 to 5 sounds about accurate. Not saying it'll never get to that point, maybe another year and a half tops?

Sorry you feel that way? maybe a break or maybe try experimenting with other mechs besides the dire would add some time sink into it? I can kinda see why they dont want to do an engine upgrade.. just the coding would probably be a pain in the arse.

my position is lets work on doing more with the game currently in time. IE; Updating quirks, tweaking weapons, CW3 stuffs, misc stuff like dekles, mech scaling, and a ton of other things that should be addressed before we do anything like time jumping.

#26 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

Well, we've got enough mechs maybe to get us to 2018. That let's PGI deal with balance, getting FW evened out, and handle a tech upgrade before having to worry about a timeline shift. Shifting the timeline isn't a monumental task... it's just changing the starting state of the IS map in FW, and putting whatever factions where they need to be. This would take almost no time to do.

The stuff that takes longer is the stuff that follows... new tech and whatnot. But simply shifting the timeline is a paultry amount of work. They could put a single person on that and have it done by next patch. Their system is already set up to handle the necessary changes. In fact, we could change the map to 3145 too without an issue. All the planets out in the periphery that get gobbled up later in the timeline by factions are already in the game. Go beyond the borders of the various factions in the IS map some time... there are tons of star systems out there that are currently unused because they don't have ownership in the current timeline... but they're out there.

#27 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:47 PM

View PostLastKhan, on 01 May 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

4 to 5 sounds about accurate. Not saying it'll never get to that point, maybe another year and a half tops?

Sorry you feel that way? maybe a break or maybe try experimenting with other mechs besides the dire would add some time sink into it? I can kinda see why they dont want to do an engine upgrade.. just the coding would probably be a pain in the arse.

my position is lets work on doing more with the game currently in time. IE; Updating quirks, tweaking weapons, CW3 stuffs, misc stuff like dekles, mech scaling, and a ton of other things that should be addressed before we do anything like time jumping.

That is why I was pointing out in a year exactly we are in May 3052, the whole month in Lore was the Battle of Tuk, this would make a perfect time for a time jump! So say they announce it even this late we got about 18 months about if not best like 13. to 14 months from now we get the patch.

#28 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:04 PM

We fought Tuk twice cause CW one and two were "beta" and thus had the map reset. Im sure there will be another in this current reformed seasonal "FP".

Edited by LastKhan, 01 May 2016 - 06:07 PM.

#29 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

Honestly, if PGI had tuned their game mode properly, we'd be fighting for one of several possible end-game states every month, instead of every damn year. Whether the Clans get pushed back, get to Terra, or we go to Tuk, we shouldn't be sitting on a static board for months at a time.

FW runs way too slow. Hell, I've played games that had similar faction warfare concepts where you'd go through a cycle and a map reset every week.

#30 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:14 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

That word beta it's so convenient to use.

Cause it was? lol it said it in that upper corner.

Edited by LastKhan, 01 May 2016 - 06:15 PM.

#31 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

Ok let's release the new tech under the word "beta" and that will make everything a ok. Correct?

We talking about Tukkyid or are you changing it up to tech now?

Do we not have PTS anymore? Seems like they threw that away long ago.

#32 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

Ok let's release the new tech under the word "beta" and that will make everything a ok. Correct?

That's kinda how other companies approach major feature changes in their games, yeah. It's why we have a PTS.

You don't just have to plop it fully formed into the live game. You could absolutely introduce one new piece of tech at a time in the PTS, test functionality, get feedback, tweak... have all your testing done on individual weapons before doing a massive PTS beta where you test everything together. And then, of course, plop your reasonably well-balanced initial release onto the live server.

We could build it. We have the technology.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

I've moved on

Posted Image

#34 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm not changing the subject I'm just using the word beta like you did. You accepted all the fails of CW because it wa labeled beta. Then it shouldn't be any different for new tech.

Just to be clear "beta" should not be a get out of jail free card like it is being used.

yeah cause you know.. CW wasn't going through its first 2 phases of iteration at that point, while the game itself wasn't considered as being in beta CW as a new mode was very much a beta iteration.

But what exactly does this distinction have to do with the discussion of time jumpyness?

#35 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm not changing the subject I'm just using the word beta like you did. You accepted all the fails of CW because it wa labeled beta. Then it shouldn't be any different for new tech.

Just to be clear "beta" should not be a get out of jail free card like it is being used.

Yea you kinda were but thats fine,
I wouldnt call CW1 and 2 a fail. It was a ongoing development to what we have now FP. I dont think its a get out jail card when it literally was a "beta". Even when it was right in your face..

Edited by LastKhan, 01 May 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#36 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

View PostImperius, on 01 May 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

This whole game is still technically a beta still. PGI claims MWO will never be finished and its in ongoing development. That's all I need to say on that as well. Just pointing out the double standards.

Okay then thats just your personal opinion.

I would like PGI to do more PTS stuff even if its to experiment weapon tweaks and fidgeting with quirks. It seems to be the better place to do it even with this time jump stuff.

#37 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

Well with a time jump in CW wise they could def make less buckets...Russ even said in the town hall he is thinking of ideas maybe to help the current situation IMO though it should not just be all Clan vs all IS the in fighting of both should play much more into the game as well.

#38 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 01 May 2016 - 10:54 PM

View PostCK16, on 01 May 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

Well with a time jump in CW wise they could def make less buckets...Russ even said in the town hall he is thinking of ideas maybe to help the current situation IMO though it should not just be all Clan vs all IS the in fighting of both should play much more into the game as well.

Funny thing is you have fewer factions in 3052 than you would have say in 3058
The current FW would fit perfectly into 3058

Clams fighting Clams sure what can they do else?
IS fighting IS---- area called Chaos March
of cause some fighting Clans vs IS
OK there is no longer a FRR - but its called ComStar or Ghost Bear by then.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 01 May 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#39 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:19 PM

True, but that would be more a 3062 thing shortly after the Ghost Bears created the Dominion.

Also technically we should have like what 6 to 8 Clans now in the fight? If you read my OP I consolidate the buckets to 6 or so and this could be further reduced or changed up. But IMO the best feeling. A 3058 jump would be rather eh, we do not have the ability to take the fight to the Clans home world for Bulldog and for a good portion of time after the Invasion the IS is at peace and only real fighting between Clans Jade Falcon and Wolf. FEDCOM civil war just offers more and better story for CW and mechs.

#40 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:20 PM

View PostCK16, on 01 May 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

True, but that would be more a 3062 thing shortly after the Ghost Bears created the Dominion.

Also technically we should have like what 6 to 8 Clans now in the fight? If you read my OP I consolidate the buckets to 6 or so and this could be further reduced or changed up. But IMO the best feeling. A 3058 jump would be rather eh, we do not have the ability to take the fight to the Clans home world for Bulldog and for a good portion of time after the Invasion the IS is at peace and only real fighting between Clans Jade Falcon and Wolf. FEDCOM civil war just offers more and better story for CW and mechs.

Ok i drop the gauntlet: 3145

Edited by Karl Streiger, 01 May 2016 - 11:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users