#1 Daikyu Kell

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 46 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:57 AM

As has been discussed in other forums pings and lag has been steadily getting worse, playing from Sydney, pings on QP are usually high, even the Oceanic server is 120+ but dropping on a scouting match this afternoon i had a constant ping of 390 - 420 this is starting to get into the realms of unplayable.

Might I suggest that the FW games are spread over the 3 servers, and although I would not touch the Euro server with the broad side of a Gauss rifle(500+ ping) I would have to suck it up to get the average of dropping on Oceanic.

I realize that the main servers are in Canadia might the move to a LA server be a better idea, give everyone a better chance at a fair go.

#2 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 01 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

I feel your pain, friend. Prior to the oceanic server, NTT East was routing me the wrong way around the world, rather than using the high-speed lines under the pacific.

However, while there're more than enough players in the quick drop cues, there's not enough player base in CW to justify chopping up the player base any more than it already is. People complain that they can't get fast maches as it is with everyone in the same cue.

#3 Daikyu Kell

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

I agree, Chopping the servers is not the answer, just getting the base server selecting the particular server before the game starts, much like if you have all three servers selected for the QP que. I dont know the particular answer but putting ideas out might spark the fires of creation.

Edited by Daikyu Kell, 01 May 2016 - 07:29 PM.

#4 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:43 PM

Honestly I would be happiest if they jsut launched the games on servers in each region during their peak hours. That would solve the issue for 90% of players . also a ping of 350 isn't unplayable. Thats my normal everyday and while it sucks a lot of the time its actually pretty ok.

#5 Daikyu Kell

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 08:04 PM

Firewulf, I agree 350 is not unplayable but 400+ is starting to get there, 250 - 290 is my usual NA ping and the HSR helps but im just trying to come up with a way that is fair to everyone.

#6 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:02 AM

Initially when there was only the NA server, 250 ping seemed pretty good from Oz.
The Oceanic server got it down to 150 for me, but something weird happened and the Oceanic server became worse than the EU server.

I like the idea of dividing faction play over the servers and breaking a planet up into different attack lanes.
This post might interest you:
http://mwomercs.com/...he-new-servers/

#7 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

View PostFirewuff, on 01 May 2016 - 07:43 PM, said:

Honestly I would be happiest if they jsut launched the games on servers in each region during their peak hours. That would solve the issue for 90% of players . also a ping of 350 isn't unplayable. Thats my normal everyday and while it sucks a lot of the time its actually pretty ok.
How can it "suck a lot of times" and be "pretty ok" at the same time? I'm stuck playing with 320 ping and it blows. Thankfully they made zoom client side but getting locks just isn't worth it it's so buggy. As for prioritizing the server during it's own primetime, that's a very cool idea.

View PostDaikyu Kell, on 01 May 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

I realize that the main servers are in Canadia might the move to a LA server be a better idea, give everyone a better chance at a fair go.
There aren't enough players to have 3 CW pools, from what I hear they can't even fill 1 outside of NA prime time. I would absolutely love if they ditched Oceanic and moved NA to LA. I have those two servers selected and half the matches full of Australians and us in Asia are sent to NA anyway.

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:35 AM

would be nice if EU servers run a match when 80% of the matches participants are from EU.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users