35 replies to this topic

#21 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostTercieI, on 07 May 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Not a bad idea, but I like having more amo than 21 bullets (granted my build only has 24, so maybe it's not the best point to make....but it's my point! Also, I used the XL 240 because it was leftover from my 5D, I don't have a lot of CBills to burn, and I'm trying to invest in some clan mechs, but I'll give it a shot if I can)

#22 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:11 PM

View PostStarbomber109, on 07 May 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

Not a bad idea, but I like having more amo than 21 bullets (granted my build only has 24, so maybe it's not the best point to make....but it's my point! Also, I used the XL 240 because it was leftover from my 5D, I don't have a lot of CBills to burn, and I'm trying to invest in some clan mechs, but I'll give it a shot if I can)

Huh. The build you linked had 21 rounds and an XL250. That was the main thing I was pointing out: The XL250 and XL255 weigh the same.

#23 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

DWF-B
I originally didn't think this would work because LB-X have such horrid reputations, but I played a single match in Crimson Strait with it, and after munching through a lot of enemy components I realised just how dangerous it could be

#24 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

MDD-C
http://goo.gl/RxvkRk
I haven't really seen a similar build either here or on MechSpecs, but I could be wrong. I was super sick of my UAC20 jamming at the worst possible time (read, always) so I decided to try a shotgun. This is a variation of my Strange Critter suggested by enileph, which I like best. Sitting at 2.3KDR with this, and it's great for picking off anything that survives the initial brawls. Like a vulture.

#25 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 605 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4f3f3d1adc6789e

BLR-3M

XL400
6 ML
1 LRM 20 - 5 tons ammo
BAP
19 DHS

This mech has Triangle numbers worthy of Bo Jackson; 81.9kph /w speed twerk, 496 armor and 50 damage. The medium lasers have all sorts of wonderful quirks to make them infinitely better then standard ones; less burntime, more range and faster cooldown time. The LRM benefits from the 10% cooldown reduction along with mastered ability AND module means your LRM20 is firing at 4.015 seconds instead of 5.5 seconds (27% total cooldown reduction; 10% quirk, 12% module 5% skill). Oh and lets not forget the 19 DHS (16 of which are in your engine) that gives you super fast heat dissipation skill.

Since all your lasers are torso this means you can ridge-fire like a boss.

The most underrated aspect however, is the LRM20. Able to cause indirect fire damage is invaluable. With BAP you will also lock on farther and faster. You can mix with other LRMers to supply the long range pain or stay within the sweet spot of 200m-350m and hit them with all your weaponry. Plus the LRM20s work as a nice suppression weapon to help pave the way for any risky pushes. Plus you can provide additional fire support if your team has the enemy locked (ie: your behind a hill/ridge line and your lights are fighting other lights.. pop a few LRM20 rounds and that'll makes things alot easier for your team).

#26 Ryan256

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaylene, AL

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

I've actually had a lot of fun with a 3 ER PPC sniper Timberwolf build.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5cd021e3b40d34e

I have the PPCs set to chain fire and an advanced zoom module loaded. This thing is great for putting shots into other mechs peeking over a hill since the ER PPCs are mounted high on the left shoulder.Just be careful if the left torso starts taking hits.

#27 Starbomber109

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostTercieI, on 07 May 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

Huh. The build you linked had 21 rounds and an XL250. That was the main thing I was pointing out: The XL250 and XL255 weigh the same.

Sorry about that, I brain farted. I think when I built it in game the first thing I used was a 240, then I used an XL 255.

I just felt like responding though because I have now seen other people using "Misery Lite" riflemen :D. There's lots of mechs that can do the ac20 and ppc build, but the rifleman has some of the tightest shot grouping of them.

#28 PaquIS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

Jagermech JM6-A
https://dl.dropboxus...ket%20JM6-A.jpg

2x LB10-X
4x SRM4
XL280

Nice 54.4 alpha damage. With LBX cooldown and SRM range modules the weapons load almost at the same time which is around 2 seconds. So 54.4 damage every 2 seconds. Sure it spreads quite a bit, ammo count is bit lowish and Jager is not build for brawling, but nevertheless I have been quite surprised how effective it can still be.

#29 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

Firebrand

6 SPL's
2 MG's/ 1 ton ammo
AMS/ 1 ton ammo
6 DHS
Endo structure
Ferro armor
and a big honking 340 standard engine.

For those times that in a 91 kph heavy you just want to cause chaos and mayhem.

since this came out there are now mediums or lights can handle this type of mission profile better. But.....

#30 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:13 AM

I think my CTF-0XP fits into this category.

I always ran it as a straight brawler, but never like the heat management and the speed. I also hated just waiting and waiting and wanted something that I could use at range to help compliment the ECM ability.

So I choose to keep my AC20 to really let people have it up close, but ditched all the other short range weapons in favor of 2ERLL. I did an asymmetric build but you could easily one ERLL In each arm. I use the left side as a shield, and am pretty effective at protecting my weapons on the right.

At any rate it works very well.

#31 Dr Kevorkian

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:13 PM

shadowhawk-2H
1LL
1Lbx-10
3 Strk-2

Random assortment of weapons, but this thing is nimble, and never overheats. Back before everyone became laser vomit poke machines, this thing could out duel victors, and routinely got 400+ damage. Its just a joy to pilot.

#32 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:40 PM

Once I've created Dakka HBK-4G just for laugh.Surprisingly,the mech proven to be excellent as flanking skirmisher.It was so good I've developed the project futher,and thus WubDakka HBK-4G was born.

#33 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:56 PM

This used to be a "Knife only" sort of build that was fun but only moderately successful. Most of the time it ended up only taking out weakened mechs, or killing ONE GUY FOR SURE (I once facehugged and killed a vulture with the whole team firing on me.) Usually it would take a beating while trying to get a kill, and be half a mech for the rest of the game.

Now with scouting mode, this is my go to build and it works beautifully.

6x c-SPL
3x c-SRM-6 Artemis
SCR-PRIME

#34 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:11 AM

KDK-5
Because anything with 10 small pulse lasers as the primary weapons can't possibly be good. Have to admit, this one is very hit and miss. If you overheat with no backup, you're dead. If you override for another few shots with the LPL and forget to turn it off in time, you're dead. If someone blows up the gauss rifle before you can get close enough, you're not dead yet but you might be by the time you get into laser pointer range. Amusing, though

#35 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 06:01 AM

ThunderChicken

Because a BoomChicken didn't have enough ammo, nor range, nor speed, I thought this was a better alternative...

#36 DrRedCoat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 21 May 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

ThunderChicken

Because a BoomChicken didn't have enough ammo, nor range, nor speed, I thought this was a better alternative...

Way back when I was just starting (shortly after the Raven was introduced) I actually used a build like this to level one of my Ravens. It definitely surprised a few people but I wasn't good enough at all to pull it off at the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users