10 replies to this topic

#1 ObnoxiousGamer

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMAD-3R is the best 'mech and you can't change my mind

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Alright, I don't own this thing yet, and I'm not home (so can't test it), but what do you guys think? I would've liked to run a standard engine, but they were far too heavy to put armor on.

Here it is: JM6-S

*too lazy to use plugin but whatever*

For those who are also lazy:

Chassis: DHS, Endo-Steel,

Weapons: 2x AC/20 with 28 total ammo, 2x MLs and 2x SLs.

Engine: 295 XL w/1 DHS

It has near-max CT armor, max ST armor, and max arm armor. Legs are 22 each. It can fire almost continuously with the ACs, especially salvoed. I'm using the S for this because it not only gets a buff to AC reload (15%), but a nerf to energy heat generation (10%). Help/ suggestions appreciated.

#2 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:15 AM

View PostObnoxiousGamer, on 02 May 2016 - 10:36 AM, said:

Help/ suggestions appreciated.

- I feel like the Jager A has better quirks for AC/20's: both the +20% range and +35% speed are supremely useful with AC/20''s.
- Based on my experience with the Hunchie 4G, that's uncomfortably little ammo. I'd consider dropping the SL's (mandatory with the Jager-A) and just a bit of engine size to up ammo to at least 3 tons per gun. The ML's are very nice backup for the AC/20's however, good synergy.

#3 ObnoxiousGamer

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMAD-3R is the best 'mech and you can't change my mind

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

View Postjss78, on 02 May 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

- I feel like the Jager A has better quirks for AC/20's: both the +20% range and +35% speed are supremely useful with AC/20''s.
- Based on my experience with the Hunchie 4G, that's uncomfortably little ammo. I'd consider dropping the SL's (mandatory with the Jager-A) and just a bit of engine size to up ammo to at least 3 tons per gun. The ML's are very nice backup for the AC/20's however, good synergy.

I dropped the two SLs and the heatsink in the engine, as it wasn't necessary without the SLs. Here: JM6-S

Oh, and I prefer the reload rate of the JM6-S. I'mma use it as a brawler.

Edited by ObnoxiousGamer, 02 May 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#4 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:13 AM

JM6-S
There is really no reason to bring the lasers since ac20's are soo limited on ammo.

Removing that much from your legs is a death wish.

Edited by mogs01gt, 12 May 2016 - 05:14 AM.

#5 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:35 AM

ditch the lasers and double the ammo, trust me.

#6 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

I could never pack enough ammo for 2 AC20's

Besides I blow up after firing them together 3 times in a row

#7 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

you dont fire them together. You fire them 1 by 1, so continuous boom.

here:JM6-S

that is all you need.

#8 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

oh, i didn't see your revised build. Its good on ammo, but that leg armor can easily be taken advantage of.

#9 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 02:05 PM

I always thought that you either go Dualgauss for pinpoint, or, if you fire your AC20s cycled, you go for the UAC5 on the DD. 15 - 15 - 15 is more damage than 20 - 20. In almost the same timeframe. And you're not limited by the low speed or small range of the AC20.
Dual-AC20 got it's moments for the "turn around the corner, 40 pinpoint -> four seconds later your compartment is gone" effects. Nowadays, pulse laserbombs or SRM-bombs are prevalent in this area. And the jagermech still got his glasscannon-hitboxes.
And, ofc - a pinpoint alpha of 40 isn't a big deal anymore.

I wouldn't underestimate a dual AC20 enemy, but the design had been surely outlived by the development of the game.

#10 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:31 AM

View PostKshat, on 12 May 2016 - 02:05 PM, said:

I always thought that you either go Dualgauss for pinpoint, or, if you fire your AC20s cycled, you go for the UAC5 on the DD. 15 - 15 - 15 is more damage than 20 - 20. In almost the same timeframe. And you're not limited by the low speed or small range of the AC20.
Dual-AC20 got it's moments for the "turn around the corner, 40 pinpoint -> four seconds later your compartment is gone" effects. Nowadays, pulse laserbombs or SRM-bombs are prevalent in this area. And the jagermech still got his glasscannon-hitboxes.
And, ofc - a pinpoint alpha of 40 isn't a big deal anymore.

I wouldn't underestimate a dual AC20 enemy, but the design had been surely outlived by the development of the game.

as a person who loves dakka, i dont completely disagree, but dual ac20s can still be quite effective if used properly. The best way to use them is to creep behind or ambush a mech before they have time to react, and the ac20's provide pinpoint damage to a single component, and lots and lots of screenshake. Ac20;s are still the best imo at facehugging brawling, but anywhere beyond 200m they are pretty useless. And if i didnt mention it before, a dual ac20 jager is not about the alpha, just boom.

ac20 jagers are pretty easy to kill as long as you keep your distance, just dont let one catch you off guard.

ac20's are still a thing :)

#11 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:18 AM

I like the quad ac/2 build. put in 300 ammo and 2 med lazor and your good.I do 450+ and 3+ kills per game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users