Duel The Best Player

58 replies to this topic

#41 Malachy Karrde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

I'm down for 1 vs 1. Just make a 24 vs 24 match and launch it and you got your duel. If I'm on message me and I'll almost always accept 1 vs 1.

#42 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

I still think they should take a map like polar highlands, make 12 seperate craters with 2 mechs in each and call it a new game mode.
We'd had solaris in a wink, they had their servers/matches full and everybody get's the thrill of a 1on1 from time to time.

#43 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

they could probibly do a 1v1 mode as kind of a 16 player tourney. four rounds single elimination with a drop deck, score multiplier goes up each round you survive. eliminated players can observe and place cbill bets. make an excellent solaris mode and wouldn't suck up servers.

#44 EntertainEnterprises

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:54 PM

Any rules? Beat the Nr 2 of kurita loyalists ;)

#45 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostPholkLorr, on 03 May 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

I like duelling because it is fun and i feel good everytime i destroy an enemy in single combat. Like Ryu, who travels around the world to be the best street fighter, I want to be the very best that no one ever was. To pwn them all is my real task. To talk sheet is my call.

Im at jurong point every weekend pwning the ssfiv arcade machines... meet me there if you want to play a real game... mwo is so meh.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 02 May 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

1vs1 is the best way for improve your skill as pilot and little by little improve yours builds...
But wait in this game lots people have low skills and big genitals ? maybe you Posted Image ( yea it must be ).

except what works in 1v1 and what works in 12v12 are very often different things. Builds, tactics, etc.

Since the game I play usually has 12 guys shooting at me (more if you count the FF idiots), I prefer to work on the more important skills like peripheral vision, situational awareness, all of which actually atrophy to an extent if one just plays 1v1 all the time.

It has it's place but it's not some end all be all to be the master of the game.

#47 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 May 2016 - 06:32 AM, said:

except what works in 1v1 and what works in 12v12 are very often different things. Builds, tactics, etc.

Since the game I play usually has 12 guys shooting at me (more if you count the FF idiots), I prefer to work on the more important skills like peripheral vision, situational awareness, all of which actually atrophy to an extent if one just plays 1v1 all the time.

It has it's place but it's not some end all be all to be the master of the game.

I dont know, reading back over Ideal suspect's post, I think hes trying to make a valid point. 1 on 1 you can trade tips and learn without being shot by 11 other people.

You bring up a good point about the peripheral vision and situational awareness. But imagine if you were to group up with a more experienced player and take a little stroll through group queue? It would be like a ride along. Especially if the one with the lower psr is the group leader, the matchmaker seems to work off of the group leader's psr (I think.. I could be wrong).

But if your are trying to build skills, you should also ask yourself why you take so much friendly fire from teammates. It might be possible that you are doing something wrong, and are constantly stepping in front of people you shouldn't be. I remember the point when I stopped and asked myself that question a few years back. You really just have to gauge which mechs should have the rights to a firing position. The mech with the most firepower probably needs that position more than you do. You wouldn't stand in front of a King crab if you are in a locust (just a general example).

Anyways... just having fun rambling...

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:49 AM

View PostDelta 62, on 31 May 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

I dont know, reading back over Ideal suspect's post, I think hes trying to make a valid point. 1 on 1 you can trade tips and learn without being shot by 11 other people.

You bring up a good point about the peripheral vision and situational awareness. But imagine if you were to group up with a more experienced player and take a little stroll through group queue? It would be like a ride along. Especially if the one with the lower psr is the group leader, the matchmaker seems to work off of the group leader's psr (I think.. I could be wrong).

But if your are trying to build skills, you should also ask yourself why you take so much friendly fire from teammates. It might be possible that you are doing something wrong, and are constantly stepping in front of people you shouldn't be. I remember the point when I stopped and asked myself that question a few years back. You really just have to gauge which mechs should have the rights to a firing position. The mech with the most firepower probably needs that position more than you do. You wouldn't stand in front of a King crab if you are in a locust (just a general example).

Oh he certainly makes some valid points. Both have their place, and I may have come off as too dismissive. he only part I was attempting to refute is it being the end all be all of skill development. But it can indeed build useful skills, even just on "simple" things like twisting and component targeting.

#49 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 30 May 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

they could probibly do a 1v1 mode as kind of a 16 player tourney. four rounds single elimination with a drop deck, score multiplier goes up each round you survive. eliminated players can observe and place cbill bets. make an excellent solaris mode and wouldn't suck up servers.

Wow, This is a great Idea!

#50 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 May 2016 - 06:32 AM, said:

Yea sure but in fine its 12 vs 12
not 1 vs 12 lol
And 12 vs 12 you can only shoot one guy at same time ( or 2 if you have streak or lrms ) also what you did learn in 1vs1 duel will always help you.

Me i dont build special duel loadouts, i only use my regulars builds for duel even dont remove some ammo .. also i have to carry myself more if the other guy just wanna proove he have the bigger epeen syndrom...
Its just training for my part or testing loadout ..

#51 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:26 PM

When PGI decides to do a Solaris game mode, and it is not premium time only, I feel this game will have laid a root system down that will take hold for a very long time.

I am sure I would rather like dueling almost anyone in game, other than a few that just have really bad attiitdes constantly. ..

Enjoi

#52 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:46 PM

<- There's the name, let's go. Open invitation to all.

#53 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostCathy, on 02 May 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

1v1 is just for people with small genitals that want to feel big

1v1 is also ideal for training new players with a friend... too bad you need premium time for that. Posted Image

View Post627, on 30 May 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

I still think they should take a map like polar highlands, make 12 seperate craters with 2 mechs in each and call it a new game mode.
We'd had solaris in a wink, they had their servers/matches full and everybody get's the thrill of a 1on1 from time to time.

I wondered about that idea, too. I understand why they don't want to commit a server slot for 2 players when they can use it for 24, but putting separate arenas in a big map where the players can't leave their map area has the same effect, right? Seems like a good idea to me, and the sounds and laser flashes into the sky from the other duels would add to the atmosphere, too.

#54 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:59 PM

Strangely, despite this thread suggesting that one would face the best player I've received very few requests. I must be a very underrated gem, huh?

#55 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:27 AM

<- wanna duel the worst?
Add me.

#56 Jimmy Page

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOh1O

Posted 01 June 2016 - 02:13 AM

Proton has open challenges every friday night. Try him. Most see him as the best overall player and master of positioning. I've never even heard of OP.

#57 FrontGuard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:10 AM

View PostJimmy Page, on 01 June 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

Proton has open challenges every friday night. Try him. Most see him as the best overall player and master of positioning. I've never even heard of OP.

The OP may still be the best player even if you have never heard of him. The only way we will know who the best players are is to have a ranked 1v1 Arena mode. I am a mid level mediocre player but I want to prove it to the world ;-)
Anyone hear a word on Solaris from PGI lately?
I am hoping they have been working on it for a long time and are going to surprise us with it in a week or so.
...that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

#58 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:35 AM

View PostDelta 62, on 31 May 2016 - 07:46 AM, said:

heh I did the group tag along when I was in GCBI, nothing like getting your butt handed to you by the 228, CSJ, EMP/LORDS and a few others... But one thing it did do, was help me work better as part of a team, our lighter elements would pair up and work as wingmen to each other, while our heavier elements would create fire-teams and work to overwhelm one target at a time.

I remember this one time I dropped with Mast, Coffin, Hokagi, Angel and Illya... This match stick out in my mind, due to me forgetting ammo for the SRM's in my Timby, I had just done an equipment swap and all I had were the ERPPC's... Anyways, the six of us worked to box in and kill two member of the 228, in side of the tunnel on Crimson, worked like a charm....

Anyways, 1v1 has it's place, I'm not sure what place that is, but the skills learned in 1v1 are often not as valuable as the ones needed in 12v12.

#59 Cupid and Psyche _

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts
  • LocationUnion DropShip

Posted 01 June 2016 - 10:36 AM

I like your moxie... There are many good players, but no best. I am consistently astounded by the skill that myself and others in my unit demonstate - it all depends on the 'mech and being in the right place at the right time.

The best player is an illusion, but I must admit that there are people that have reached a very, very high level.

It's all on a spectrum.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users