• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:11 AM

View Postsitting target, on 05 July 2016 - 03:00 AM, said:

The match I played against longtom it one shorter a fresh Kodiak. What a stupidly broken game mechanic. Do the devs know nothing about game design?

They don't care about our opinion on the subject, because "they're professionnals", while we are just the never happy clueless noobs...

#142 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:48 AM

View PostHelene de Montfort, on 05 July 2016 - 03:11 AM, said:

They don't care about our opinion on the subject, because "they're professionnals", while we are just the never happy clueless noobs...

View Postsitting target, on 05 July 2016 - 03:00 AM, said:

The match I played against longtom it one shorter a fresh Kodiak. What a stupidly broken game mechanic. Do the devs know nothing about game design?

Russ is asking it to be reviewed...

#143 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:54 AM

Problem with longtom is not about damage, or broken damage mechanic. It's about strikes interval - with current one we get 300 damage AOE in 600 meters diameter overall it's mean thats team aganist longtom get's about 2100 average damage in 30 mins, and this currently most optimistic calculation for only one mech hitted per strike. Secondary problem is thats intervals just don't allow team to group up and strike enemy cause longtom can instakill 80% of merged team.
Summary only option aganist longtom it's running solo and feed enemy or, one more idiotic option, rush into enemy to get them hitted by longtom(yes tommy just ingore thats his allies can get hit, and ally formation have MORE mechs then enemy strike team). So idea with longtom is AWESOME, realisation is pretty TERRIBLE. End of story.

Sorry my bad english, Regards.. Etc...

Edited by Nexano, 05 July 2016 - 06:58 AM.

#144 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:28 AM

Damage is not 300 it is 1650 and so you get not 2100. You get 24750 potential Damage.
Seems this a problem for you?
The rest of your posting is right but the idea was never "Awsome". Randomly **** unavoidable Nukes on the head of the players in a game about strategie and taktik is not "Awsome", it is "Ridicules".

View PostNexano, on 05 July 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

Problem with longtom is not about damage, or broken damage mechanic. It's about strikes interval - with current one we get 300 damage AOE in 600 meters diameter overall it's mean thats team aganist longtom get's about 2100 average damage in 30 mins, and this currently most optimistic calculation for only one mech hitted per strike. Secondary problem is thats intervals just don't allow team to group up and strike enemy cause longtom can instakill 80% of merged team.
Summary only option aganist longtom it's running solo and feed enemy or, one more idiotic option, rush into enemy to get them hitted by longtom(yes tommy just ingore thats his allies can get hit, and ally formation have MORE mechs then enemy strike team). So idea with longtom is AWESOME, realisation is pretty TERRIBLE. End of story.

Sorry my bad english, Regards.. Etc...

#145 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:07 AM

Well for normal team such damage is not problem. Problem it's how often you get this damage. I mean you can afford to loose few mechs per wave but with tommy shooting each 2 mins thats how you sayed ridiculous. Still if long tom well shoot once per 7-10 it will be fine. Have some respect to enemy scouts efford - you selling your scouting and then you wonder why enemy have advantage, though clan fighters loosing their time of life to give their fraction this advantage.

#146 LK4D4

• PipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

I was LITERALLY behind a building when the explosion occurred, and still died on a FRESH MECH.
Thought this was calculated to account for terrain... apparently not.
On yesterday's game, believed to be a decent distance. NOPE! Still died... ON A FRESH MECH.
Need a serious downplay on the damage, radius and timing. Take it to 3 minutes, at least.

Edited by LK4D4, 05 July 2016 - 09:14 AM.

#147 Colonel Clunge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:38 AM

View PostLK4D4, on 05 July 2016 - 09:12 AM, said:

I was LITERALLY behind a building when the explosion occurred, and still died on a FRESH MECH.
Thought this was calculated to account for terrain... apparently not.
On yesterday's game, believed to be a decent distance. NOPE! Still died... ON A FRESH MECH.
Need a serious downplay on the damage, radius and timing. Take it to 3 minutes, at least.

The problem for me is both damage output and the frequency. Played Grim Portico the other day, first drop Fresh Mech annihilated just as we reached gate. Second drop, the Long Tom had recharged just in time for us to reach the gate - 60% damage this time. Third drop .....you get the idea!

When the matches against clanners are close without these OP mechanics it becomes impossible and pointless. You've all played games when your first wave bombs and how hard is to then recover?

If they insist on progressing with Long Tom it should be a one-shot deal at a lower damage output - this still gives the opposition a massive head start.

Invasion mode is currently pointless. On the other hand, Scouting has been pretty good - short waits and if you get your $hit together against the streaks and cheaters there have been some good games. (Maybe that was the whole point of the event - get people scouting more)

The problem with Scouting currently is that the tonnage should be balanced to favour IS more. Ton for ton medium and light Clanners do outgun IS and given every game seems to turn into a brawl this needs to change. Alternatively they need to change the mechanic. My suggestion - once the dropship is there you just need to get to the dropzone - none of this waiting for 2 minutes. It gives the opposition too long to find you and you have to wait around with this big "we're here!!" sign sitting in the air. This would encourage proper role play for Gather intel - ie. fast moving lights for gather and brawlers for protect.

Or - give the gather intel team the chance to call in the drop ship to a location of their choosing - wouldn't that make more sense than having the protecting team camping on the drop zone???

But then they would need to fix the IS light rescale......oh bollocks....another problem!!

#148 surgetank

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 10 July 2016 - 08:44 AM

PGI I hope you are reading the forums about the long Tom , its killing the F.P of C.W or whatever you want to call it, This needs fixing now and quick as people are leaving M.W.O in their drove's as they are so fed up getting ripped to pieces with Long Tom Artillery, I will not be playing until its fixed or better still removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users