When Will Make Games Get An Awakening?

7 replies to this topic

#1 TwentyOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 477 posts
  • LocationI pay more to use less water. Cali.

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

Zombie games got their time.
FPS games got their time.
MOBAs got massive following.
Even anti-casual Sword Fighting games are arising!

WHEN WILL MECH BE IN DEMAND?

I want period of time where everyone hypes mech games and turns into little girls over mech fanboyism, like people are over cod and csgo and dota2.

Why am I doomed to like a genre that keeps sinking?

My favorite 2 Types of games are MECHS and Medieval stuff. Its not fair that almost nobody likes them, and there's 1 good game of the genre a decade.

Why couldn't I be born to go apesh!t over something EASY and popular like FPS or MOBA games? There's a fetish for everyone out there except mech gamers!

You all need to start being aspiring mech game developers so we can flood the market with mech games.

I feel like I would rather have never played MW2, MW3, MW4 and MA1, MA2, than have played and loved them, then 10 years later get jack SH1T for mech game selection.

Make Mech Games Grate Again.

Edit: jesus I really messed up that topic title
"When will MECH games get an awakening"

Edited by TwentyOne, 03 May 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#2 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

Battlefield 2153 gets announced in the next days with some nifty mechs and we might see a trend evolving in that direction, though I doubt anything like that will happen. The Moba-Shooter seems to be the next trend with Battleborn and Overwatch starting to gain much attention and mechs aren't interesting anymore for the broad audience. Many associate simulations and complicated controls with mechs so they automaticly lose interest because it looks like work.

Mechwarrior is in my eyes not a complicated game but everyone I tried to get into this game just couldn't handle it.

I would love to have some more mech-oriented games. Competition is good for the market and the market for mechgames is rather small. Maybe the upcoming Battletech will be a topseller and reignite the market for mechgames. Lets hope for the best. Posted Image

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

You can edit your thread title if you go to advanced editing options ;)

Never say never. Space sims had a resurgence recently, but most of those were fairly shallow and arcadey. The equivalent of MechAssault, basically. If mech games have a resurgence, then how many of them will be as 'deep' as MWO, or even more like war-sims? Not too many, I'd guess.

#4 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:48 AM

I would love a BattleTech redo...

Instead of just Heat Management and the old weapon sets, let's make something more realistic like engine energy output values, realistic weapon ranges and abilities, new weapon sets, intelligent BattleMech design, and not be tied to old board game rules and TRO artwork..

And somehow do this without pissing off the TableTop crowd.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 03 May 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 03 May 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

I would love a BattleTech redo...

Instead of just Heat Management and the old weapon sets, let's make something more realistic like engine energy output values, realistic weapon ranges and abilities, new weapon sets, intelligent BattleMech design, and not be tied to old board game rules and TRO artwork..

And somehow do this without pissing off the TableTop crowd.

At that point you'd have to create an entirely new IP from scratch.

Also, the TableTop crowd would still be pissed off, because they would claim that you were "ripping off" Battletech even though on this forum they claim that those kind of changes make the game "not Battletech."

#6 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:07 AM

VR may give them a cool revival again. But the question is always who makes a vlaid story and stuff around them.

Titanfall was a blasted hype. But failed, no substance in it's gameplay. Bad mechanic, some serious lacking features when it launched.

#7 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:33 AM

View PostTwentyOne, on 03 May 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Even anti-casual Sword Fighting games are arising!

That's due to the rise of the Game of Thrones and Spartacus series on HBO, Vikings on the history channel and whatever else I'm forgetting. For mech games to gain a following I think a celebrity like Vin Diesel would need to be a fan & tweet about it (whatever form of publicizing) to put it more into the public eye. There would need to be a tv series/movie/web comic that goes viral, something like that.

If there are any celebrities that are fans of BT/MW asking them to tweet about MWO or publicize it in some way might be a 1st step. I'm not an active enough gamer to say if this game offers anything other games don't. People point to the lore and history of it. Neither of those things hold much appeal to me. I've always liked the gameplay.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 04 May 2016 - 05:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users