1 reply to this topic

#1 Gigashot

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hey all,

I'm an old alpha player who has recently returned to the game, and have some suggestions:

1) Mechs should have a clear, easily visible, CLAN or IS label in the store and inventory.
Since this is a core characteristic of a mech and determines if you can use it or not in Faction Warefare, it makes no sense that this essential information isn't readily available. Make it clear, visible, and allow me to filter the store and inventory (anywhere mechs are) by CLAN or IS type.

2) Keep parties together in lance when possible.
Queueing up for CW as 4, were often put in lance as 3 and 1 in another, with the rest obviously being solo/duo players. We then have to either take Company Command or ask the company commander to reorganize the lance. Doing this routine every match is silly.

3) Have Separate Objectives clearly stated for Attackers/Defenders in Faction Warfare
When I get into CW I should see my win conditions, and the other team sees theirs. Instead, both teams see attack and defender objectives at one time with no distinction between who is who. Yes, it is not hard to figure out and you can know what battle you've queued up for but this is extremely lazy design. Just show each team their specific objectives, clearly inform players if they are the attackers or defenders at the ready screen. Do like every other game out there does.

Anyways those are "first impression" observations that are clearly hitting new players in the face. They are UI / quality of life suggestions that will affect every new & returning player. I'll leave the imba whining to players with more experience.

Thanks!

Gigashot

Edited by Gigashot, 03 May 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#2 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:40 PM

There's a lot more that really should be done, but those are all big ones.
  • There should also be ONE main hangar screen with clearly differentiated options on it. Constantly clicking back and forth into and out of menus and sub menus is really annoying and confusing.
  • Trial Mechs should display with a colored border or something so that it's easy to tell them apart.
  • Hitting Esc in the main menu should give you options for 'Settings' and exiting the game. Like it does in every other game...
  • There should be shortcuts on the main screen to switch between a few "Favorite" mechs with a single click.
  • The store should only display one of each mech, then show the variants after you select it. Right now it's ridiculously cluttered and hard to browse.
  • Just finding the store at first was a bit weird. I expected it to be in the mech-select screen. You'd think the yellow button at the top of every screen would be hard to miss, but it's surprisingly easy at first.
  • The academy practice modes should be broken down into individual missions that you can select from the hangar, so that people will actually do them once they're finished with the initial training.
Those were big ones that caught me off guard when I started playing again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users