6 replies to this topic

#1 DarkRagexx74

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

For Pete's sake PGI !!!!!.... For the love of all that is good and HOLY stop selling nothing but heavy mechs!

What happened to the days of the packs? At least with packs they came with mechs of each mech class. In those days people would grind out whatever mech from those packs was not being overused at the moment... We had more balance. Now it's been nothing but Heavy Clan and IS mechs. Have you guys seen how hard it is to find a game when you're trying to pilot a Heavy? It takes FOREVER! I play after midnight and it's running from 40 to 50% heavies... I don't even bother to try to grind mine because I can get 3 games in with a light, medium or assault in the time it takes to play 1 with a heavy.

Please.... PLEASE bring back the packs. I get this is more profitable for you but all it's done is make me go find another game... single player for Pete's sake, because I don't want to waste my 1.5 hours of game time daily on waiting.

I rarely post and I never rant... but seriously... why not take turns with mech chassis size... 1 light... then 1 medium... yadda yadda. Why so many heavies?!

#2 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

Can agree on the oversaturation on Heavy mechs. They are just too versatile, well most of them. Too fast even.
We have the extremes:
Light which are fast, undergunned and got weak armor.
Assaults. Slowest, max guns and most armour,

Medium are average on guns and armor but got nice movement speed
Heavies are good on guns and armor but slower than mediums.

Many like more guns but not as slow as an assault. Thereby just picking heavies which is the sweet spot of the classes.
Need more lights, assaults and mediums.
But we got two in the pipeline. Phoenix Hawk and Viper, also Kodiak and Cyclops. So two mediums and two Assaults. We lack lights. Fire Moth, COugar, Flea etc I would PAY for those!

#3 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostTordin, on 04 May 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Medium are average on guns and armor but got nice movement speed
Heavies are good on guns and armor but slower than mediums.

That's not entirely accurate, in my experience...

Most of the popular heavies are as fast as, or faster than, most mediums. And if you want, you can just strip some armor and put in a better engine, but keep the superior firepower.

So the problem is:
  • If you want to play a light, you play a light, or a fast medium.
  • If you want to play a medium, you just play a heavy and strip off a little armor.
  • If you want to play a heavy, you play a heavy.
  • If you want to play an assault, you play a heavy and put in a lighter engine, to fit more weapons (or maybe play an assault, if you want to be a target)
There's just not enough definition between the weight classes from a practical standpoint, yet the matchmaker uses that as hard line for creating matches.
Heavies are very versatile and can be adjusted to fill the majority of roles.

The fix is to buff 80% of the mediums so that there's actually a reason to play them, and make the matchmaker put less weight on the class of mech.
Or nerf heavies I guess, but that would be the lazy solution.

Edited by Elendil, 04 May 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#4 DarkRagexx74

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

What pushed me over the edge is the Night Gyr. I was happy when I saw the others in the pipeline, but they were immediately followed by yet another heavy (Night Gyr). They really need to go back to full packs... not just one mech at a time

Other than the well balanced packs, we've got:

Urbie- Light
Marauder- Heavy
Warhammer- Heavy
Rifleman- Heavy
Archer- Heavy
Kodiak- Assault
Phoenix Hawk- Medium
Viper- Light
Cyclops- Assault
Night Gyr- Heavy

2 lights, 1 medium, 2 assaults, and 5 heavies

Seriously.... Packs PGI.... PACKS!

Edited by DarkRagexx74, 04 May 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#5 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:14 PM

Sorry to say but if you look at the current single mech release options you will see that they bring PGI almost as much money as a mech pack ... about 20$ for the basic pack ( 3 mechs, no Cbill bonuss ) + 15$ for hero and +15$ for extra variant and/or 40 for the +30% cibill bonus , so you will pay 35 to 40 for what you got use to get 2 mech pachs ( a light and medium x3 ) or up to 70 for the full job and all that for 1 mech type.

This just make so much financial sense... they become available faster and people love heavys and they sell if they are any good in the current meta .. so why wouldn't they sell those like this?
Also we might give them some slack on the "classical" mechs, it just happen that alpha lance was a lance of heavy mechs and they have historical value more than anything.

#6 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:42 PM

Russ announced the clans would get 2 heavies & 1 medium after the Viper. With the release of the Gyr, that means there will be one more med & heavy.

Of course, you could support the release of an assault if you visit the link in my SIG. :D

#7 DarkRagexx74

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 23 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:33 PM

Oh good gracious... that's just what we needed! What made it worse is that they pumped out the Alpha lance mechs together. So first all the buyers got them and we saw a huge upswing in Heavy use and then they came out in Cbills and now we're seeing that huge upswing again... and they're all back to back. That means there's an end in sight... but it it's like a trillion miles away.

Someone in PGI needs to have their head examined

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users